Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Reading Duel  (Read 28455 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Reading Duel
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »

Name:  Darby

Genres you most like to read:

Romance

Genres you are willing to try:

Anything but sci-fi

Story of yours that you would like to submit:

Casual is my only story on ac so we will go with it...

Genre:

Romance (nc-17)

Summary:

Quinn Mason is embarking on a new job in a new city with a new outlook on life and dating. What she never expected was to meet a man that would completely catch her off guard. Will Quinn be able to keep it "casual"?

Chapter count:

Word count:

Is it complete?

Yes

One question you'd like the person reading it to answer:

Do you think you'd want to read another romance?  Does this story help you understand why writers sometime include sex/adult situations in stories?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »

Name: Lore "Purpura"

Genres you most like to read:  I think I already read a variety of what I do read

Genres you are willing to try:  anything but slash/visuals

Story of yours that you would like to submit:   Room 438

Genre:  romance/suspense

Summary: Danielle and Kevin thought they had the perfect life ahead of them, until one moment changed it all.

Chapter count: 19

Word count:  25,301

Is it complete? yes

One question you'd like the person reading it to answer:  was it too predictable?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

Before you challenge people to a duel here is the breakdown of stories. It might make it easier for you to decide which one you'd like to read. I'll add more stories on if we get more participants.

Alternate Universe: 00Carter, You Give Love a Bad Name, Stockholm Syndrome, Sinister Devotion

Action/Adventure: 00Carter, Stockholm Syndrome, Sinister Devotion. Visions of Love

Angst:You Give Love a Bad Name, A Little Taste of Sin

Comedy: 00Carter, You Give Love a Bad Name, Visions of Love

Drama: You Give Love a Bad Name, Games, A Little Taste of Sin, Ice Cold Blood, My Answer is You, Love This Pain

Dramedy:Tooth Fairy

Fantasy: Ice Cold Blood, Tooth Fairy

Horror: Games

Romance: You Give Love a Bad Name, A Little Taste of Sin, Ice Cold Blood, Casual, Room 438, My Mona Lisa

Slash

Supernatural: Games, Ice Cold Blood

Suspense: Games, It Stays With You, Room 438

Visual

Stories completed: You Give Love a Bad Name, Games, A Little Taste of Sin, My Answer is You, Tooth Fairy, Stockholm Syndrome, It Stays With You, Casual, Sinister Devotion, My Mona Lisa, Love This Pain

Stories still in progress: 00Carter, Ice Cold Blood, Visions of Love

Stories with 25 chapters or less: Games, Ice Cold Blood Tooth Fairy, Stockholm Syndrome, Room 438, Visions of Love, Love This Pain

Stories with 26 - 49 chapters: My Answer is You, It Stays With You, Sinister Devotion, My Mona Lisa

Stories over 50 chapters: 00Carter, You Give Love a Bad Name, A Little Taste of Sin, Casual

Word Count 50,000 words or under: You Give Love a Bad Name, Games, Ice Cold Blood, My Answer is You, Tooth Fairy, Stockholm Syndrome, Room 438, Visions of Love, Love This Pain

Word count 50,000 to 100,000: It Stays With You, Sinister Devotion, My Mona Lisa

Word count over 100,000: 00Carter, A Little Taste of Sin, Casual

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:42:21 AM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »

Nice breakdown!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »

My story isn't a visual though lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »

Never mind I saw visual is blank my mistake.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

Nice breakdown!

Thanks! It took forever! I planned on doing the same with what we want to read but after that, had second thoughts. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »

okay well I did it anyway and honestly, you all knew I would lol

Here is the list of authors and what they are willing to read:

Action/ Adventure:
Carter-Orange, TheDistantHear t, Colorguard_div a,  cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, Summer03

Angst:
Rose, Carter-Orange, TheDistantHear t, carterkid, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, kevmylove, Summer03, alota_cookin, myconfession

Alternate Universe:
Carter-Orange, Mellz Bellz, carterkid, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, Summer03, alota_cookin

Comedy:
Carter-Orange, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, kevmylove, Summer03

Drama:
Rose, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, kevmylove, Summer03, alota_cookin

Dramedy:
Rose, RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Carter-Orange, TheDistantHear t, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick,kevmylove, Summer03, alota_cookin, myconfession

Fantasy:
Rose, RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Carter-Orange, Colorguard_div a, Julilly, Mare, Purpura Lipstick,kevmylove, Summer03, alota_cookin

Horror:
RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Colorguard_div a, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, kevmylove, Summer03

Romance:
Rose, RokofAges75, Julilly, Mare

Sci-Fi:
RokofAges75, Carter-Orange, TheDistantHear t, Colorguard_div a, Julilly, Mare, Purpura Lipstick,kevmylove, Summer03, alota_cookin

Slash:
RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Carter-Orange, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes,kevmylove, Summer03

Supernatural:
 RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Colorguard_div a, Julilly, Mare, cabybakes, Purpura Lipstick, Summer03, alota_cookin

Suspense:
Rose, DelphinaCarter, Mellz Bellz, TheDistantHear t, carterkid, Julilly, cabybakes, kevmylove, alota_cookin, myconfession

Visual:
RokofAges75, DelphinaCarter, Carter-Orange, TheDistantHear t, Julilly, cabybakes,kevmylove, Summer03

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:30:42 PM by mare »

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »

Can I modifyto anything but sci-fi and fantasy?  Lol...

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »

Can't wait to see who starts challenging who!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »

meaning your willing to read anything except sci fi and fantasy? Is that what you had said earlier as well?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:04:47 PM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »

Nevermind. I took fantasy off for you Darby. Is there anyone else that wants to not read something? LOL

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »

Can I modify to add Action/ Adventure,Comedy,and Fantasy?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »

Can I modify to add Action/ Adventure,Comedy,and Fantasy?

If you said you enjoyed reading those genres or your story was actually one of those genres I purposely didn't include it because then it wouldn't really be a reading challenge. LOL

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

Nevermind. I took fantasy off for you Darby. Is there anyone else that wants to not read something? LOL

Sorry!!  I forgot sci-fi and fantasy were not considered one in the same here like they are in my mind!

Thanks for all of your work putting this together, Mare!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10