Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The Reading Duel  (Read 28497 times)

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
Re: The Reading Duel
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »

Sorry!!  I forgot  too!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »

Hey all!

Do not post your answers until I tell you it's time to start dueling. I'm just posting this to you early while i'm thinking about it. Can you tell I have a lot of time on my hands right now? LOL

Now that you have seen most of the participants (we might still be waiting on some) I want you to pick three authors you would like to challenge to a duel and why.

Once everyone posts their challenges, those people you are challenging, can figure out if they accept or decline your challenge. Obviously if you are first on each other's lists then it should be a no brainer.

Once you know for sure you accept a challenge, then i'll make it official by posting a this person versus that person. It's not official until I do that. We'll have a few days to sort it all out before you actually start reading the stories.

If you decline a challenge, you need to tell us why.

There are only a few acceptable excuses before you are called out as a wuss!

1) you have already read the story
2) you have already accepted a challenge by someone else
3) the story is on the list of things you said you wouldn't be interested in reading

Other than that....wuss! LOL

Remember DO NOT POST YOUR THREE CHOICES UNTIL I TELL YOU TOO!!!!

:)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »

Um...I was okay with reading Comedy  and Action/Adventure...and AU  *was forgotten by Mare* :( LOL.

Everything but slash/visuals was a go with me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »

Was your own submission any of those things? You don't get to read the same genre as you're submitting because it's not much of a challenge for you then lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

Was your own submission any of those things? You don't get to read the same genre as you're submitting because it's not much of a challenge for you then lol

Yes, but the story was my collab 00Carter, which is Julie's too...and she's listed? Well...she is for AU anyway lol. Just looked again. That's where I got confused.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »

An oversight, I'm sure. Julie is no longer listed under AU. :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »

Actually it's because of what you said versus what Julie said, If you guys look at your surveys you didn't actually list the same genres for 00Carter. LOL

And I also took off things you said you liked to read as well so if you said you enjoyed reading any of those things they wouldn't appear by your name because like Isaid before, then it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:31:51 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »

Actually it's because of what you said versus what Julie said, If you guys look at your surveys you didn't actually list the same genres for 00Carter. LOL

And I also took off things you said you liked to read as well so if you said you enjoyed reading any of those things they wouldn't appear by your name because like Isaid before, then it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

Oooh okay, that works. I didn't know we listed it as different genres. I just used what it was listed at on AC lol.

Mellz Bellz

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 12:19:17 AM »

Now that you have seen most of the participants (we might still be waiting on some) I want you to pick three authors you would like to challenge to a duel and why.

Once everyone posts their challenges, those people you are challenging, can figure out if they accept or decline your challenge. Obviously if you are first on each other's lists then it should be a no brainer.

Once you know for sure you accept a challenge, then i'll make it official by posting a this person versus that person. It's not official until I do that. We'll have a few days to sort it all out before you actually start reading the stories.

How long do we have to think about who we want to challenge? This may take some careful consideration on some of our parts.

Also you can add me to willing to read anything outside of fantasy or sci-fi as well if that helps any.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »

It's probably a good thing no sci-fi/fantasy stories are posted in this duel lol. Although, since it's on the other end of the spectrum from romance, I'm surprised some are opting out of it.

I bit the bullet and am willing to deal with romance :P LOL.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »

Is it bad I want to participate... but I'm a bit intimidated   :o

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »

why are you intimidated? It's no big deal, believe me. I think you should participate. It'll be fun!

Mel, i'm going to be telling people to start posting their challenges by Tuesday but I won't really start harping on people until the end of the week. LOL

I have no idea who I want to challenge yet either, so you're not alone. I probably won't be ready by Tuesday.

So, I think there might be 3 more people then?

Let me know guys!

Erika
Kristal
Saka Steph

Anyone else? You have until midnight tonight to send me your PM

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

I have no idea who I want to challenge either.

Erika, go for it!  The more the merrier :)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »

It's probably a good thing no sci-fi/fantasy stories are posted in this duel lol. Although, since it's on the other end of the spectrum from romance, I'm surprised some are opting out of it.

I bit the bullet and am willing to deal with romance :P LOL.

*raises hand* I did post a fantasy story LOL The fact quite a lot of people don't want to read fantasy worries me a little lol

Good job on the lists, Mare! :) I wanted to ask if you could add that I want to read anything except Slash and visuals but I see there aren't any visuals posted so I guess that's not necessary lol

I'll have to read through the lists and pick my 3 tomorrow. I already read Stockholm Syndrome (which I LOVED!) but I can't remember if I reviewed or not because I read it last year lol I made a start on 00Carter like.. 1,5/2 years ago but for some reason stopped. :/ Will keep that one in consideration!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »

I purposely put up my romance for that reason lol. Not to mention everyone here read figured you out already so I couldn't use it. I have no idea who to challenge but I'm excited!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10