Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Rewards & punishments  (Read 340 times)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Rewards & punishments
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »

I bought a couple of new workout outfits today.  I had needed them bc in this weather, I need to have dri-fit stuff to beat the heat.  I'd been waiting to buy it even though I needed it until I proved to mysel it was worth it to have enough workout outfits for each time I work out during the week.  I was punishing myself by doing laundry after I burned through my 4 outfits.  I guess buying the new stuff today is my way of rewarding myself for proving I am committed.  Next workout reward is new running shoes.  Mine look fine, but after a year of heavy use, you are supposed to replace them.  I'm not sure what the benchmark for new shoes will be...maybe signing up for a half or hitting a weight goal.

I also find myself doing the same thing with food...allowin g myself a taste of something yummy when I have been diligent with staying on track with LoseIt or my calories and workouts.

Do any of you give yourselves rewards and punishments? 

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
Re: Rewards & punishments
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:18 AM »

I tend to buy stuff while telling myself it will help me or I'm buying it to aid me. This could be anything from a new cookbook of low fat recipes or a new mp3 player to listen to while I walk. I've noticed that I haven't been following through so I'm attempting to cut back on my spending.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Rewards & punishments
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:00:18 AM »

I'm a shopper by nature, so making myself wait until I've met a goal has been helpful!  Good luck!