Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!  (Read 36555 times)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
Re: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »

Dude, I'm on a roll! Just finished reading chapter 17. Nick and Avery are together, kind of. But now they're starting to see that their relationship and Avery's job isn't working together. Avery's friend (and ex colleague?) came by and told her she should quit but Avery doesn't want to because she knows she's best at playing Natalie. Nick does want Avery to quit but says he's also fine if she keeps the job. But I don't think he's able to handle that for long. In this chapter it's Nick last day before he goes to Europe for the tour and they're both wondering what is going to happen in the time they're not together.
Also, Howie was being an asshole in chapter 16. I was like "What the F, Howard?!" I didn't expect him to say stuff like that. He hasn't even properly met Avery. I wonder what was wrong with him then and I wonder if that will be explained later on.

The story gets better and better with each chapter! Too bad it's almost coming to an end. :(

I wish I could read more but I gotta leave now. I'm not sure if I have time to read tomorrow 'cause it's my dad's birthday. If I can find time, I will. Otherwise I will continue at Wednesday!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »

Great job Imke! :) and also glad to know you're on track carterkid. Hope to hear from all the others soon! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »

I'm done! YAY! I gotta go fill out the survey thingy now.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:38 PM »

Woot! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »

Sorry. Haven't done my survey yet.... My car died on the highway en route from
 Ontario so I'm presently stranded with no computer in New Brunswick until at least Wednesday. :/
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »

aww, sorry to hear that! Don't you start your new job tomorrow?

myconfession

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »

Dude, I'm on a roll! Just finished reading chapter 17. Nick and Avery are together, kind of. But now they're starting to see that their relationship and Avery's job isn't working together. Avery's friend (and ex colleague?) came by and told her she should quit but Avery doesn't want to because she knows she's best at playing Natalie. Nick does want Avery to quit but says he's also fine if she keeps the job. But I don't think he's able to handle that for long. In this chapter it's Nick last day before he goes to Europe for the tour and they're both wondering what is going to happen in the time they're not together.
Also, Howie was being an asshole in chapter 16. I was like "What the F, Howard?!" I didn't expect him to say stuff like that. He hasn't even properly met Avery. I wonder what was wrong with him then and I wonder if that will be explained later on.

The story gets better and better with each chapter! Too bad it's almost coming to an end. :(

I wish I could read more but I gotta leave now. I'm not sure if I have time to read tomorrow 'cause it's my dad's birthday. If I can find time, I will. Otherwise I will continue at Wednesday!

YAY! I'm really glad you're liking it.. I was really paranoid putting a story in the challenge because I know I'm not the most liked person in the bsb fan fiction fandom. You liking the story and the plot really makes me feel better <3<3

Honestly, I kind of want to make Howie a douche in this story for some reason. He's usually very non-existent in my stories (except for a random comment here or there or either in "I Wanna Be Bad" where he was a main character), so I wanted him to kind of take the fatherly/Kevin role for a change.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »

YAY! I'm really glad you're liking it.. I was really paranoid putting a story in the challenge because I know I'm not the most liked person in the bsb fan fiction fandom. You liking the story and the plot really makes me feel better <3<3

Totally butting in to say, I'd like to hope everyone here could separate personal feelings to be fair to a story. :) Cause that'd be pretty messed up if they couldn't LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:33 PM »

You dont have to worry, Karah. I dont dislike you and even if i did, i wouldnt let that influence my opinion on your story. ;) But i know some people would and thats too bad.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

Where are the questions the author asked in their survey? Sorry can't find that question and its the only part of my survey I need to answer.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

You actually have to go back to the original reading duel thread where people filled out the info on their stories they submitted.  It was one of those questions in that survey.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 05:40:53 AM »

Aww yes, and I would hope everyone would be personal feelings aside while doing this, if there are those feelings to begin with. I know sometimes we all get paranoid about that kind of stuff.

Keep reading everyone! And don't forget to post your thought, especially if you haven't said anything anywhere yet.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 07:23:45 AM »

I've just read a couple more chapters of Love This Pain and still really enjoying it.  He wouldn't have to pay me a penny to be his date, lol.  That hotel room scene was hot and I hope they aren't taking screen captures of my computer in work, lol.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »

1) Visions of Love by alota_cookin
                         adventure/humor

2) Would you have ever read this story if it wasn't a challenge?Eventually I think I would,I have a 'stories to challenge myself with' list and this story was on it.  

3) What was your favorite scene? way to many to pick from but I would say AJ getting hit with a coconut

4) Who was your favorite character and why? AJ cause he's so funny in this story

5) Overall tell us one reason why you think someone else should/or shouldn't read this story.Readers would love how funny it is but may have a hard time knowing who's who.I can't tell you who is saying what!I think there should be something to let you know who's talking.

6) Did it convert you to the genre it is? Would you be willing to read another story just like it?Like Carter-Orange,I too read a story because of what's on the summary.Not genre

7) Give one piece of concrit that might help the author for future reference. This can be positive too, concrit doesn't always mean negative.
  I'm not good at giving concrit but I would say give more details to who's talking.

8) This should be the question the author asked in their survey. Everyone's will be different.

Do you like the flow of the story and how it's unfolding? Yes,I like the flow and It's unfolding nicely.

9) Would you recommend this story and author to another person? Why or why not yes I would,Its really a great read.

10) Out of 10 stars what would you give this story? 8 stars

11) Do you think after you are done reading what's there so far (and you only have to read however many chapters are there when the start of this challenge was given) Do you think you will continue to read the story through to the end to see what happens to the characters?
                    yes,I will
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:00:10 PM by carterkid »

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »

1) Name of the story you read and the author and what you feel the genre is. Your answer might be different then the authors.
It Stays With You by Mare and I'd say it's mostly Suspence, as she has it labeled.

2) Would you have ever read this story if it wasn't a challenge?
Not a chance! LOL

3) What was your favorite scene?
Erm...I dunno...I think maybe when Brian freaked out in the hospital cafeteria...I was imagining it and thought it was kinda funny, yet heart breaking at the same time.

4) Who was your favorite character and why?
Actually...I think it would be Brian. He is the one telling the story, so you really get into his mind and feel his emotions.

5) Overall tell us one reason why you think someone else should/or shouldn't read this story.
I think it's a good story for people to consider reading, because not everything is as it seems...I found this out myself when I got into it more it wasn't even close to what I expected and I really ended up enjoying it.

6) Did it convert you to the genre it is? Would you be willing to read another story just like it?
 I may consider it. Blood still makes me queasy (I can't help it!) so it would really depend on the story.

7) Give one piece of concrit that might help the author for future reference. This can be positive too, concrit doesn't always mean negative.
Quit being lazy and fix the punctuation thing, LMAO! ;)

8) This should be the question the author asked in their survey. Everyone's will be different.
The question was... Did you have a hard time reading the more disturbing parts of the story and did it keep you interested to find out what happens next?
I did personally have a bit of a hard time with those parts...kept having to take breaks because it was making my stomach twist. But I was still curious and interested to see what happened...I was actually quite anxious to see what happened.

9) Would you recommend this story and author to another person? Why or why not
Depending on the person, I probably would. It's well written and I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

10) Out of 10 stars what would you give this story?
Mmmm...I'll go with an 8.

11) Do you think after you are done reading what's there so far (and you only have to read however many chapters are there when the start of this challenge was given) Do you think you will continue to read the story through to the end to see what happens to the characters?
N/A

And for those of you reading completed stories, if there was a sequel, would you be curious enough to continue reading on?
Yikes. You know what...I just might.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11