Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Comedy Tonight!  (Read 3687 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Comedy Tonight!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:31 PM »

I have written a couple of comedies back in the day I wrote two choose your own adventure comedies.  One was You Be the Judge where Howie and Kevin were suing the other three.  I thought it was funny, but then again I wrote it.  The other one was You Be the Detective, which was a clue parody.  Again, I thought it was funny. :)  I'm probably guilty of the inside joke thing...  *shrugs*

I'll try reading comedies but if they just seem dumb I will stop, but that's what everyone else was saying.   
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

myconfession

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »

Thinking about it, I think I've only written one real comedy... that was Six Degrees. I always put some humor into my stories but SD was straight up humor and an AU at that. Nick working in a fashion house in Miami.... Aaron is his dead beat brother and AJ is his cracked out neighbor (ala Kramer on "Seinfield").

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »

I don't mind comedy in stories, but I don't like the over the top stuff.  I try to add little bits of what I think is funny into my stories, whether my story is romance, horror or whatever else.  I'm not sure if my sense of humour is the same as other people though, lol.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »

The only comedy story I wrote would be "When I Grow Up"....but I do like comedy in stories to an extent. Sometimes it is nice to add even a bit to break up drama in a story.
Pages: 1 [2]