Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now it's Suspense's turn!! Find out what happens next!  (Read 3322 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Now it's Suspense's turn!! Find out what happens next!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »

Wow @ all the H&H mentions too! Thanks! Really I figured the most suspenseful part of it was that it took me six years to finish it lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »

So, what is it about suspense that you love? Or love to hate?
A good suspense story is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.  At times it can be tedious and you may need to walk away; but, there's just something about that thrill you get when all the pieces fall into place.

What's the darkest thing you have ever written or read?
I don't think anything I've read that is considered Suspense has been dark. 

For those of you who read it, what is it about suspense that keeps you coming back and are there any stories that even you had to click away from because they were too disturbing in nature?
I need to know how the story ends!  However, a story must grab my intention very quickly.  If it doesn't, I won't continue to read it.

Do you feel like Suspense is over rated or under rated?
Neither.
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »

So, what is it about suspense that you love?

I love how fastpaced suspense tends to be. I find i'm never really bored when I read one of these and when they are well written I can read an entire suspense in one pop. It's probably the only genre (and action/adventure) where I can do that, otherwise I find I need to take a break.

Those of you that write it, what drives you to do it? Does it ever bother you to think that maybe you are crossing a line?

It's funny because in real life i'm a chicken. I don't enjoy suspense movies or anything like that at all. I think that might be one of the reasons I enjoy writing them because it's not as scary when you know what's going to happen. I enjoy going to those dark places and making people uneasy. Sometimes I worry about crossing lines but then I remind myself it's only a story lol I still won't ever bring myself to kill the guys, as silly as that may seem.

What's the darkest thing you have ever written or read?

Written is probably It Stays with You, read? Not sure pretty much all the suspense I have read goes to pretty dark places. I think Mersey is very dark as is Chaos. LOL

For those of you who read it, what is it about suspense that keeps you coming back and are there any stories that even you had to click away from because they were too disturbing in nature?

For me, just Signal to Noise. Couldn't bring myself to finish reading that one.

Do you feel like Suspense is over rated or under rated?

I think it's kind of in the middle but I do think it's one of the most misunderstood genres out there. It seems like people don't really know what to expect when it comes to reading suspense and I think that's why a lot of people tend to stay away.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2]