Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Pick Three! (Suspense)  (Read 2759 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Pick Three! (Suspense)
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »

You know the drill! lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Pick Three! (Suspense)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »

OK, mine are...

Ground Zero by Chaos.  This was the first suspense I read when I joined AC and I was completely hooked!  Brilliantly written and the plot just keeps you wanting to read more and more.

What Lurks Around The Corner by Mare.  Again, I love it!  As I was reading, I was trying to guess what would come next and as usual with Mare's stories, it was never what I thought. 

Hawk And A Handsaw by Julilly.  Another fanfic fave!  Nick has been murdered and Brian swears he's going to find out what happened to his friend.  Lots of nice twists until the very end.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »

My three are

Hawk And A Handsaw- I liked how Nick's ghost is trying to help Brian solve his murder. Very good plot.

What Lurks Around The Corner- it had me wanting more each chapter. So many twists and surprises I loved the concept as well.

Ground Zero- I read this a long time ago but it is still a favorite of mine :)

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »

"Ground Zero" by Chaos.
"Signal to Noise"  by Bobbi.  http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/signal.html
"Mizpah" by Mare.
Pammy Whammy

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »

Oh yeah I loved mizpah too. All of mare's suspense is awesome lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »

Thanks Guys for the Mizpah mentions. :)

I think I actually do have three of these!

1. Ground Zero by Chaos - I know everyone has said this one but there's a reason for it! I think it's probably the best BSB suspense I have ever read. If it weren't for this story, I doubt I would have ever really had the bug to write anything at all so I owe Chaos a big cookie for this one! I still wish and hope that one day when we least expect in a very Chaos way, the sequel will be updated and finished.

2. Children Like Me by Mersey - This is a Supernatural/BSB crossover and it was a great angsty suspense when Nick discovers he's got some special things happening in his life, he encounters the Winchester Brothers who help the guys out. Vague I know but read it! lol You don't even really have to be a fan of Supernatural to enjoy it.

3. I have two i'm going to say here - Fear Factor by Mersey - It's a Nick and Kevin suspense. I loved it, the only problem is it's not compete!

3.5 - Seven Days by Refuse - I was hesitant to put this because I consider this more action/adventure than suspense, but it does have some really intense suspense moments. I love this story it's one of my all time favorites!

honorable mention: Satan's Playground by Reb (the original one) this was a great start. I'm sad she gave up on it. It was an uber creepy and intense read!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

There are so many great picks that I agree with, but I'm gonna go with some different stories that haven't been mentioned yet.  These are all older, off-site stories.

1. "Signal to Noise" by Bobbi: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/signal.html
Okay, so Pammy did mention this one, but I had to include it on this list; this is one of my favorite fanfics of all time.  It's a really creepy story about the Boys being stalked and terrorized by someone who posts clues to what they're going to do to each Boy on a website.  It's delightfully disturbing, and although it's definitely suspense, there's a nice little romantic subplot that is actually really cute, too.  Awesome story!!

2. "Mind Games" by Amanda: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/mindgames.html
Another great, classic story.  This one's about Brian being terrorized by a bodyguard, and he's forced to keep it a secret from the guys, and it drives a wedge between them.  It's another really disturbing story, but really good, too!

3. "Scared of Reality" by Susan: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/scared.html
This is one of my favorites of the kidnapping story variety.  Brian and Nick get carjacked and taken hostage.  I love Susan's writing style; it's very engaging, and she works in plenty of comic relief along with the sad and scary stuff, but one thing that stands out to me about this story is that one of the Boys actually dies about halfway through, which hits home the point that no one is safe in this story, and a happy ending isn't guaranteed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:08:24 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »

Loved Scared of Reality, almost made it my 3.75 but I wasn't sure if it was still online lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »

LOL Yeah, if you haven't noticed, I either made sure that I either hosted all my favorite stories that are no longer online, or I have them posted on my archive site.  That's why almost all my non-AC links are through my domain.  I hate to see good stories fall off the face of the internet because the authors don't care to keep them up anymore.  I care!! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »

Yay you! LOL

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »

Can I just say that summer is officially over for me; school starts for me....in a few hours.  But now I really want to re-read a few of the mentioned stories.  Here is the link for Refuse's stories: http://refuse2lose_424.tripod.com/main/id1.html.   And after work tomorrow I will re-read Satan's Playground.
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »

Aww no!!!! It's too early for school to be starting! :(  lol have a great first day Pammy!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:29:25 AM »

Thanks Guys for the Mizpah mentions. :)

I think I actually do have three of these!

1. Ground Zero by Chaos - I know everyone has said this one but there's a reason for it! I think it's probably the best BSB suspense I have ever read. If it weren't for this story, I doubt I would have ever really had the bug to write anything at all so I owe Chaos a big cookie for this one! I still wish and hope that one day when we least expect in a very Chaos way, the sequel will be updated and finished.

2. Children Like Me by Mersey - This is a Supernatural/BSB crossover and it was a great angsty suspense when Nick discovers he's got some special things happening in his life, he encounters the Winchester Brothers who help the guys out. Vague I know but read it! lol You don't even really have to be a fan of Supernatural to enjoy it.

3. I have two i'm going to say here - Fear Factor by Mersey - It's a Nick and Kevin suspense. I loved it, the only problem is it's not compete!

3.5 - Seven Days by Refuse - I was hesitant to put this because I consider this more action/adventure than suspense, but it does have some really intense suspense moments. I love this story it's one of my all time favorites!

honorable mention: Satan's Playground by Reb (the original one) this was a great start. I'm sad she gave up on it. It was an uber creepy and intense read!

I'm happy to say that I've actually started on the next chapter of that story a few days ago. ;) I re-read it, read some of the reviews and of course surfed through the story of the month thread for this story and the mentions of this story and it encouraged and inspired me to try and progress with it. :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:39:53 AM »

That's awesome Reb! :)

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »

Children Like Me -- LOVE the supernatural crossover of this one, and it was suspenseful!  Honestly I'd never even seen Supernatural before reading this fic and I was hooked!

Ground Zero -- I think this one explains itself!

Satan's Playground --  I WISH this one was finished because it had all the makings of an awesome story.  Hmmph.   :P
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album