Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey  (Read 31030 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »

Aww squeezes everyone for loving this story! lol

SO Mersey another question for you, I know you mentioned you wouldn't write a sequel, but do you have any other SN/BSB fics in the works?

And Just a general writing question for you now

What genre do you find easiest to write and why?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »

So I spent all morning finishing this story and I want to thank Mare for picking it. (and Mersey for writing it of course ;)) I think it is my favorite of all the featured stories so far. I think what I liked about it the most was how well Mersey wrote the characters. (Backstreet Boys and Winchester Boys alike.) Each one had their own flair and you did a wonderful job of making them sound like the boys that we all know and love.

I loved the brotherly theme throughout the whole story and especially loved how you paralleled the relationships of Brian and Nick with Sam and Dean and also the similarities between Kevin and Dean. It gave the story deapth beyond just what you needed to know for it all to make sense.

The story was just wonderful and it made me actually start watching Supernatural. I don't think Sarah is the only poster child here -lol.

The only thing for me was that I never fully understood the visions. They were a little confusing every time I read them. Not enough for me to not understand whats going on, but I wasn't able to picture how they all came together at the end. Does that make any sense? I'm probably alone here, because my dislexic self gets confused a lot when I read and I have to read things over and over sometimes. SO I'm sure everyone else had no problems and if someone wants to explain it to me who's read it, that would be cool. Not in this thread of course because it would give it away for those who haven't read it yet.

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I loved the story! And I love this thread because its motivating me read things that I wouldn't normally read and so far I've been thrilled! I also think that reading things that are a little out of my norm might be why I've been writing things a little out of my norm too. Interesting...  (you just watch Mare, before long I won't be writing fluff romance anymore.) ok that's not true... I'm a sap and always will be, but maybe I won't ONLY be a sap.  ;D

Congrats again Mersey! Loved the story! and I'm excited that I don't hate Jensen Ackles anymore because now he can be Dean and not Jason!!! Yay!!!

Kelly, you've been very awesome with reviews, both here and on the fic site so thank you so much for that! And dont feel bad abt not really grasping the visions because i do believe it is partly my fault too. I read it again and I decided that it is a little confusing! lol. im going to try and explain it here the best i can and hopefully it'll help :)

So sam's visions are always about an incident that is about to happen. It's in the near future, so Sam's heroic responsibility is to try to stop/[prevent the incident from happening and help the would be victims from said incident.

In Nick's case, he sees visions of incidents that already happened, things from the past. So his um, heroic responsibility (lol) is to share his vision and then learn from the past, get information on those incidents in order to prevent it from happening again.

So in Nick's vision, he saw a father and son following a couple home and the wife ended up dead. there's nothing he could do for this couple because his visions are from things in the past.

In Sam's vision, he saw the father and son with another couple and the wife ended up dead but for Sam, this event has not yet taken place so Sam still has time to save this couple. From Nick's vision, Sam learnt a little more about what was going to happen so in a way, Nick's vision helped Sam to save this other couple, which of course turned out to be someone we know.

spoilers after this, so dont read on if you dont want to be spoilt :)
Only in the end, they found out that those visions were planted by the YED himself, just to lure both Nick and Sam out and get to them. Kristin and the baby were never in danger to begin with, he was just a bait.

ok that's long, lol...but i hope it helped :)
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »

Yay for more SN fans! Aww, thanks for enjoying my story, too, Kelly! It's nowhere near as good as CLM because CLM is the ultimate for SN/BSB fics!

Psst...Mers... I updated Monster in the Closet for you!

I read it!!! and i reviewed!!!! i hope this means no more exams for you for now??
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 11:47:08 PM »

Aww squeezes everyone for loving this story! lol

SO Mersey another question for you, I know you mentioned you wouldn't write a sequel, but do you have any other SN/BSB fics in the works?

And Just a general writing question for you now

What genre do you find easiest to write and why?

*joins you and squeezes everyone too*

and more questions! yay!

I have an idea playing around for quite some time, i just never do anything about it so far. If i ever write on it, it won't be more than 10 chapters long, maybe just 5 :) and it wont have psychic!Nick on it, Nick would be a regular BSB guy and the boys stumbled unto the Winchester brothers by accident and they'll get tied by a mystery waiting to be solved. hopefully that'll get written someday :)

i think the easiest genre for me would be drama/general. where i just write a short fic based on the boys' brotherly relationship with one another. It's not hard because i do believe their brotherly relationship is real, we see it so clearly when we see them interact, all we have to do is put it in words and hope we nailed it. So credit goes to the guys for most of it because if they werent as chummy, we wouldnt have much to write about, lol. Now muse, is a problem, lol.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:06 PM »

OMG Thank you Mers!!! That was exactly what I needed. And after I read that post it was like the whole story just clicked into place and it's even better now! Yay! I wish I could point out exactly where it was that I got confused, there were one or two spots, but I can't remember now. (sorry I can't be any more help.) But I think it was how Nick's visions related to Sam's visions and how they helped him figure it out, but the exlpanation in the above post  just cleared it right up. And your welcome for the reviews hun, silly as most of them were-lol  I loved the story! Really, everyone should read this! (Supernatural fan or not!)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2007, 06:27:55 PM »

You know whenever you mention a specific number of chapters for a story that never happens! So yay to that! you say five but i'm thinking more along the lines of ten or so!

I insist that Marianne the groundhog makes an appearance as well. I will not take no as an answer!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2007, 03:04:36 AM »

OMG Thank you Mers!!! That was exactly what I needed. And after I read that post it was like the whole story just clicked into place and it's even better now! Yay! I wish I could point out exactly where it was that I got confused, there were one or two spots, but I can't remember now. (sorry I can't be any more help.) But I think it was how Nick's visions related to Sam's visions and how they helped him figure it out, but the exlpanation in the above post  just cleared it right up. And your welcome for the reviews hun, silly as most of them were-lol  I loved the story! Really, everyone should read this! (Supernatural fan or not!)

yay! glad that helped Kelly! and i love your reviews, they're always entertaining to read, it sure as heck beats the 'nice job!' comments that left you wondering if they really mean it, lol.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2007, 03:06:33 AM »

You know whenever you mention a specific number of chapters for a story that never happens! So yay to that! you say five but i'm thinking more along the lines of ten or so!

I insist that Marianne the groundhog makes an appearance as well. I will not take no as an answer!

hehhee...maybe i should do it more often. say, ok 1 more chapter and im done! it never fails to jinx me and get me writing more chapters, lol.

oh noes! another groundhog? ooohh maybe a psychic groundhog, that should be interesting. oh wait, im sure groundhogs are naturally psychic, i mean, how else do they predict the weather right? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2007, 04:37:21 AM »

^ exactly! LOL

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2007, 08:44:18 AM »

Thanks Mellz! I know what you mean though, I'm supposed to be reading Moppy's fic (and my personal aim is to get it done by this week) but work isnt letting me too many free time to read in peace, i hate when that happens.

;D *giggles uncontrollably* She's reading my story!!!  lol

Congrats on getting Story of the month Mersey!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know I've been a huge fan of those Winchesters (insert Homer drooling noise) since like midway through the 1st series. Fave show at the moment and when I first saw your story i thought why not have a go since it was my first SN fan fic and with the guys as well *an loud  echoing can be heard as she falls off her chair) WOW!!!!

I loved reading every moment, from sitting on the edge of my seat biting my nails (which I had grow out of years ago) to cracking up with the amount of salt the guys buy LOL

As someone previously said (sorry can't remember who said it) you did write all the guys perfectly, showing all their sides that we all know and love.

P.S I've left responses to your reviews and THANKS heaps for leaving great feedback for my story even though i do find myself struggling to find a way to keep it insync (*shudders just from writing that lol) throughout the story and keep people interested.

:notworthy: 10/10 dude good on ya!!!!

Oh those links you gave me to watch for the show... they're bloody tubular dude, didn't get to sleep until 3am this morning watching them lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2007, 04:45:48 PM »

okay i'm back but I am having truoble channeling my inner Oprah. Maybe because I already know the answers to a lot of the questions I want to ask lol so does anyone else have any questions for Mersey?

Ooh okay here's one...

Is there anything at all you would change about this story if you could go back and rewrite something on it?

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »

okay i'm back but I am having truoble channeling my inner Oprah. Maybe because I already know the answers to a lot of the questions I want to ask lol so does anyone else have any questions for Mersey?

Ooh okay here's one...

Is there anything at all you would change about this story if you could go back and rewrite something on it?

hey mare, sorry for the lateness! you know, may isnt all it's cracked up to be, the one good thing is this special thread for me and my fic, i wuv it :D

if there's one thing i'd rewrite...it'd be the whole vision thing. I'd like to make it clearer for readers and make it flow easier and not too rushed. I'm kind of not happy about those. Also, I'd like to write in more Howie and AJ, I sometimes can't help feeling like I had pushed them aside in some chapters because there were too many of them in one scene and didn't do them justice.

I have a question for the readers.

If you were me, and have decided to make Nick one of the special kids, what kind of power would you give him if you decided not to give him the one that I gave (visions of the past). Eg. Andy can control minds, Ava can control demons, Jake has superhuman strength and the list goes on.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2007, 04:49:52 AM »

;D *giggles uncontrollably* She's reading my story!!!  lol

Congrats on getting Story of the month Mersey!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know I've been a huge fan of those Winchesters (insert Homer drooling noise) since like midway through the 1st series. Fave show at the moment and when I first saw your story i thought why not have a go since it was my first SN fan fic and with the guys as well *an loud  echoing can be heard as she falls off her chair) WOW!!!!

I loved reading every moment, from sitting on the edge of my seat biting my nails (which I had grow out of years ago) to cracking up with the amount of salt the guys buy LOL

As someone previously said (sorry can't remember who said it) you did write all the guys perfectly, showing all their sides that we all know and love.

P.S I've left responses to your reviews and THANKS heaps for leaving great feedback for my story even though i do find myself struggling to find a way to keep it insync (*shudders just from writing that lol) throughout the story and keep people interested.

:notworthy: 10/10 dude good on ya!!!!

Oh those links you gave me to watch for the show... they're bloody tubular dude, didn't get to sleep until 3am this morning watching them lol

Awwww thanks for the comment Moppy! *is flattered*

and I'm glad to be reading your fic, im sorry I hadn't for a few days now, but i'll get right back on it when things settle down a bit here :)

oh great! my boss just spilled my drink! ugh!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »

lmao Mersey you are too cute with your questions *squeezes you*

I think I would like to give Nick the power to read minds. I can see him using that for hours of fun. lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »

oh my gosh Mare, I was just going to say the same thing. I would love to see Nick with a telepathic ability. Nick reading all the other guys' minds?? Now that could be an interesting fanfic. -lol   
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7