Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Best Gory Scene I Ever Read...  (Read 3923 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The Best Gory Scene I Ever Read...
« on: October 04, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

Hello! And yes, I am stealing the Food Network's idea. One of my favorite shows is The Best Thing I Ever Ate! Where each week they feature something specific and talk about it in detail. Nom nom...

Every week i'll make my own 'episode' choosing different scenes of fanfics to talk about. Since Ocotber is associated with Halloween I thought i'd start with something gruesome so when you post let us know what is the best Gory scene from a fanfic you have ever read.

Name the story, author and maybe even link up to the actual chapter if you feel like looking it up. Then describe the scene and what you loved about it. You can only pick one scene as your favorite!!

Have fun!! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Best Gory Scene I Ever Read...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »

Nice!  I like this idea and like this thread.  I'll have to think about it and get back to you.  I love gore!  Steph's had some good ones lately in Save a Prayer, as has Rose with all her gory twists on your challenges, and of course, 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter and Revenge of the Slaughtered are full of awesome gore.  How do I narrow all the awesomeness down to one scene?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 07:19:20 PM »

Fave gore...hmm, where must I start?

Let's go with recent since it's the first one to pop in my head. I have two.

The first goes with the food network you stole this from LMAO. It's from "Revenge of the Slaughtered" and was written by my fabulous ZDR, Julie. Called..."Recipe for Revenge"

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10670&chapter=12

Nick's a homicidal murderer getting us back for killing him repeatedly. In this one, not only does he kill the fan, he chops her up, bakes her in his muffins, and takes a bite once they're done! It's horribly twisted and incredibly epic.

The other, is from "Save a Prayer", and Steph does an amazing job here. Cause it was something I hadn't seen coming and it's gross and horrific.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10625&chapter=16

In this chapter, Jordan Knight, who's had a head injury while he and the Boys are all lost in the jungle, and hadn't really woken up that day. Brian checks out the injury, Maggots of bot flies had gotten into the wound and were literally eating their way through his rotting head wound and into his brain. Nick was stuck trying to see if he could get them out, but there's just too many infested in there.

Now if that's not epic gore, I don't know what is lol.

I'll be back with more soon I'm sure.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »

The maggot one was the first to come to my mind too, Rose LOL.  I think that was grosser than the most recent chapter involving Howie, though that one was pretty gory too.

And thanks for the mention!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »

It's epic. Totally epic. And you're welcome! Nick eating a human muffin is pure win.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »

Fave gore...hmm, where must I start?

Let's go with recent since it's the first one to pop in my head. I have two.

The first goes with the food network you stole this from LMAO. It's from "Revenge of the Slaughtered" and was written by my fabulous ZDR, Julie. Called..."Recipe for Revenge"

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10670&chapter=12

Nick's a homicidal murderer getting us back for killing him repeatedly. In this one, not only does he kill the fan, he chops her up, bakes her in his muffins, and takes a bite once they're done! It's horribly twisted and incredibly epic.

The other, is from "Save a Prayer", and Steph does an amazing job here. Cause it was something I hadn't seen coming and it's gross and horrific.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10625&chapter=16

In this chapter, Jordan Knight, who's had a head injury while he and the Boys are all lost in the jungle, and hadn't really woken up that day. Brian checks out the injury, Maggots of bot flies had gotten into the wound and were literally eating their way through his rotting head wound and into his brain. Nick was stuck trying to see if he could get them out, but there's just too many infested in there.

Now if that's not epic gore, I don't know what is lol.

I'll be back with more soon I'm sure.

I definitely agree with this!!! It seiously made my stomach queasy and I felt soooo jittery after reading it, that my fingers automatically started tapping against my computer, like a fucking nervous habit, lmao!!

This is a great idea Mare, I love it!! I'll have to venture back into some of my favorite stories and find some. I'll definitely have to shoutout "Song For The Undead" by Rose and Julie, because I mean DUH, that story is about zombies and the boys blowing their brains out!! Lmao. The way they describe the undead, from the tinge of their flesh to the decaying wounds some possess, to describing how the zombies are killed, run over, and even the description of their surroundings at times is enough to make your skin crawl and put the gore level up there for the readers, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

Awwww thanks Reb! :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »

Definitely "Recipe For Revenge" by Julie for the round robin. I never look at a muffin the same after that, it was amazing.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »

Aww thanks for the Save A Prayer mentions :)

When I think of gore stories, I think Rose and Julie, lol.  I'll have a think and come back, but the muffin man one is definitely one of them!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 03:56:49 AM »

Although I do love the one where Nick gets mauled by a leopard lol. I agree with Steph, Rose and Julie are the queens of gore! 

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:45 AM »

Song For The Undead has got to be my favourite.  One chapter which comes to mind is where Brian's wife and twin girls wake from the dead and Brian has to kill them.  It's so descriptive, it's like I was watching a horror movie.  Love it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »

Aww, thanks, guys!!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

Aww thanks for the Save A Prayer mentions :)

When I think of gore stories, I think Rose and Julie, lol.  I'll have a think and come back, but the muffin man one is definitely one of them!

Now there's a rep I'd be proud to have lmao.

Song For The Undead has got to be my favourite.  One chapter which comes to mind is where Brian's wife and twin girls wake from the dead and Brian has to kill them.  It's so descriptive, it's like I was watching a horror movie.  Love it!

Thanks! OMG I love that chapter, that's just another example of Julie's brilliance at work :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »

I personally love the scene where Nick sings Thriller as he kills zombies. But I love the one where Brian has to kill his family....that story has too many moments to choose from!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 05:38:15 AM »

I love the Thriller scene too :)
Pages: [1] 2