Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Do you want there to be a round three?

Yes - after Christmas
- 2 (20%)
Yes - in the spring
- 8 (80%)
No thanks
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 25, 2011, 06:26:44 PM

Author Topic: Want your opinions!  (Read 616 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Want your opinions!
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

Hey guys,

Just want to get an idea about how you feel about a potential round three. The last round was a little rough on all of us I think; bad time of year, we lost our hostess with the mostest and interested really bottomed out. We all did a pretty great job despite that but I wanted to know whether you all wanted to continue?

Maybe we could take some time off and come back to it when the weather starts getting better and we can start planning for swimsuit season again? lol Or do you want to just jump back in?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Want your opinions!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:05:15 PM »

I voted in the spring.  Personally, I plan to get back on the wagon in the new year, but I think I need a break from the regular weigh-ins and stuff.  I will do that on my own, but I feel bad letting my team down when I'm not losing much anymore.  I still want to lose more, but have been stuck on this plateau that I need to get past.  It seems like most everyone else who did the last two rounds is in the same place; no one has been losing big numbers like a lot of people did the first round.

That said, if there were a group of newbies who were serious about starting after New Year's, then I'd say go for it!  Just depends on who's interested.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

I feel the same as you. I'm a little burned out with the weigh-ins. I plan on continuing on my own, for sure, if not more so. And as much as I like being accountable I was starting to get frustrated with the fact that I gained and lost the same two pounds all summer. It made it harder to be motivated, honestly.

I need a break to push myself on my own for a while. I'd be happy to return in the spring feeling a little fresher and ready to kick some Biggest Loser ass! :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »

I need a break ... been doing something since August last year and it's just getting me down lately when I see I am not going anywhere.  I think if I start over with the weigh ins (I'm still trying to exercise and watch what I eat) then maybe I'll be more into it. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »

I voted for Spring too.  I feel that I've let my team down every time as I've really struggled to lose anything at all.  Hopefully by the time we come back, my body will want to co-operate!

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »

I voted because... well I know I haven't been involved - actually I've signed up and FAILED like before it even started twice in a row... but I really want someone to KICK MY ASS and make me stay on this time. I really wanna lose weight. After seeing cruise pictures I DEFINITELY need to slim it down. Ya'll need to kick my llama ass into doing so!!  ???
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 12:09:12 AM »

Aww... if you're serious about it, you can do it!!  This year was really the first time I put forth the effort to seriously diet, and I lost 30 pounds... most of it during the first round of this.  I still want to lose more, but for me, that was a lot.  I'm not saying it was easy, but I think the "competition" and commitment to my team definitely helped me stick to it at the beginning, and once I got used to it, it was easier to keep going.  You just have to get over that hurdle of the first week or two.  I used to only be able to "diet" for like, a day, and then I'd get too hungry and give up right away LOL.  Now I think I've got a good balance where I don't have to be super strict on myself, but I'm not eating junk food all the time anymore either.
~Julie

bebybsb

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »

I think it will be good to start in spring. But I wanna know... When exactly would that be??? sorry for asking this! lol but remember I'm in the caribbean, and to me there's really no change from 'winter to spring'.

Besides that, I think we may find individual ways to get out of this place were stuck!
And, maybe more new people will want to get involved.

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »

I think a break would do us all good.

Maybe we can change it up a little and do something things to keep us motivated. I know that sometimes it's hard doing the team thing, maybe we could do the biggest loser as individuals, where we rank our weights and bmi's. The goal would be for each individual to be in the top 3.

I know I missed the challenges. I think they made it more fun and gave us something to strive for. I would like to see those incorporated again.

I know I wasn't as devoted this round, but I want to get healthier.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »

I like the idea of individualizin g it, Rachel.  The teams are fun and help keep you on track because you don't want to let anyone down, but making it an individual game would take away the pressure of pulling your weight on a team, but still keep the competition aspect that works as a motivator.  It might be worth a try, anyway, just to change things up for next time.

And Mirelys, I'm guessing we'd start somewhere around April if we postponed it until spring, but that's up to Julilly or whoever else is organizing it.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 10:24:17 AM »

I think a break would do us all good.

Maybe we can change it up a little and do something things to keep us motivated. I know that sometimes it's hard doing the team thing, maybe we could do the biggest loser as individuals, where we rank our weights and bmi's. The goal would be for each individual to be in the top 3.

I know I missed the challenges. I think they made it more fun and gave us something to strive for. I would like to see those incorporated again.

I know I wasn't as devoted this round, but I want to get healthier.

I was actually pondering some ideas for ways to do it as individuals! Especially considering Hannah's comments I thought that the game would technically go on but there would only be two weigh ins; start and finish. Everyone would have their own thread if they wanted to post their weight or progress or look for guidance or motivation, etc.
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »

^ I like that idea, especially for starting at New Year's.  I intend to keep trying to lose, but because so many of us are in the same place of me and have slowed down, we'll probably see more drastic results if we only weigh in twice, instead of every two weeks.
~Julie