Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day  (Read 59328 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

Wow, thanks Erika! I had no clue you even read that one and I agree she was really creepy lol

That story won worst title of a fanfic at one of those anti fanfic awards sites lol *beams proudly*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »

I would love to see a story set while Nick was doing his solo thing but in the eyes of the entire group. Their friendship and what it was like during that time.

I'd also love to see a story dealing with the whole Lou thing how it really was for them when he formed Nsync and the allegations about how he was with Nick etc... I know that time period has been written about but I don't think I've ever read a story about the beginning of the end of that relationship. people hdvr always requested that I write one of those but I've always been more interested in reading someone else's take.

I love the old school stuff. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »

Sounds interesting Steph, I can't wait to read it. You already know how I feel about Running Up That Hill lol.

Another story I'd like to see is maybe one about time traveling, like a back to the future type one

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »

Thanks Tracy. Time travelling would be cool too!

And yes, Mare, I would LOVE to read an old school story centered around either of those events. I was planning on doing one about Nick recording Now or Never after Running Up That Hill was done but at the rate that's going you'd be reading that story in ten years :P
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

Since we're talking about BSB history... do you prefer to base your stories on real things that have happened in their lives or make up your own completely fictional storylines?

Along the same lines maybe, do your stories usually take place in the past (earlier in the Boys' career), the present, or the future?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »

I usually write AU but in Figured You Out I set it in the This Is Us era and in Weird World in the Millennium era. As for When I Grow Up, that took place in the past and the future, so
 it really depends on the fit for the story.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »

I tend to jump all over the place. I don't usually write things set in the future, but I've written stories set in most eras. The only one I haven't done yet is This Is Us.

I do a little bit of both - I try to keep all my stories relatively close to their timelines and I try to keep them realistic and in line with things that have actually happened. But sometimes I'll just randomly make up stuff that totally interferes with real life "canon."
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »

As for the timeline stuff, no I don't really follow anything. I kinda make things up but in my Nick AU Romance I did follow his career a little. Not perfectly the same but his real life did come into play a bit.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2012, 11:54:31 PM »

I poked in here and it's funny because I was just thinking with the talk in the other thread about doing a story about Brian's surgery that it would be really interesting if someone wrote a series of stories about various portions of the Boys' actual history - being really thorough with research - to sort of fictionalize the entire story. Some of the stories would overlap, obviously, but for the most part each "era" could probably be melted down to being mostly about one Boy in particular, which is who the narrative would be in the POV of... I think it would be a really interesting project. It would have to be REALLY well researched, though.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »

That would be a massive undertaking, I think! Just doing the one summer when they were on a break from the tour is difficult enough for me, lol.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2012, 01:15:28 AM »

There's nothing like a good challenge though...  :D

I'm seriously tempted to think about this. I dunno. I'll stick to the one story for now, but I may revisit this series idea in the future.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #281 on: June 15, 2012, 02:48:01 AM »

You know, I've been tempted to write about the early days, knowing all that we know now. The allegations, the NSYNC bs, everything. It's on my list of ideas to do, but with the way my life's been, lord knows if I'll ever find the time LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »

Since we're talking about BSB history... do you prefer to base your stories on real things that have happened in their lives or make up your own completely fictional storylines?

Along the same lines maybe, do your stories usually take place in the past (earlier in the Boys' career), the present, or the future?

I write a bit of both.  I add real events in with fictional events and also ones which are completely AU.

I'd say my stories usually take place from Never Gone onwards, I've written one which took them into the future too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »

I really like to incorporate as many real life events as possible. I don't really like making fake tours or albums etc... It's easier for me to make it more believable if I make it true to life. What else happens around those real events however are usually made up. lol

Because of my above answer, I tend to write in the past because that's when I had the best handle on them and their personalities. Since my stories are so focused on the relationship they have with each other, writing present day with all the families, wives etc... It gets harder to figure out a way to have them not be in it and I'm all about that lol

I have written in all areas though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:55:16 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »

I poked in here and it's funny because I was just thinking with the talk in the other thread about doing a story about Brian's surgery that it would be really interesting if someone wrote a series of stories about various portions of the Boys' actual history - being really thorough with research - to sort of fictionalize the entire story. Some of the stories would overlap, obviously, but for the most part each "era" could probably be melted down to being mostly about one Boy in particular, which is who the narrative would be in the POV of... I think it would be a really interesting project. It would have to be REALLY well researched, though.

That's kind of what I did for Why I'd Do it all Again and it took a lot of research and a long time to write. It's also the longest fanfic I ever wrote because of all the stuff I had to include lol
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26