Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Question of the day thread number 2!  (Read 64231 times)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Re: Question of the day thread number 2!
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »

My favorite BSB is going to be a tie between Borrowed Time Brian and Something Beautiful Brian. They're very similar Brians, actually, because they're both dealing with similar situations... My favorite original character is hands down Amanda in Something Beautiful.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2012, 11:18:10 PM »

I got a question: if you could choose a favorite character from one of your stories you've written, who would it be? It could be a bsb or original character since we all write the boys a bit differently.

Oddly enough I really love writing Drums in 00Carter. In real life, I'm definitely not a Justin fan, this character was created purely to mock him. But he's not completely evil, and he's not exactly good either. He's this victim of circumstance manipulated into something darker. It's just really interesting writing his mindset cause he's a great example of that shade of grey rather than black or white.

As for a BSB character, either RMTW Nick, or Undead AJ. RMTW Nick is just because as heartbreaking as it was, there's something so beautifully strong about him as he tries to cope with this burden life threw at him. It was great writing his deterioration just cause it was a new angle I never tried to write before.  And with Undead AJ, because we slapped him with depression, and kept his addictions, it gave him such a different perspective than the others in that story. it's a detached, cynical, ironic view with a dash of humor mixed in. It's just refreshing to have that in that story lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »

My favorite BSB is going to be a tie between Borrowed Time Brian and Something Beautiful Brian. They're very similar Brians, actually, because they're both dealing with similar situations... My favorite original character is hands down Amanda in Something Beautiful.

Oddly enough I really love writing Drums in 00Carter.

As for a BSB character, either RMTW Nick, or Undead AJ.

Love all of these characters!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »

This was a hard question for me, because I love all my original villains lol but I'm going with a non villain and saying Mike from Separate Ways. He was Nick's long lost brother who had to deal with all those feeling of watching Nick grow up rich & famous while he was stuck with a poor, abusive alcoholic father. It was fun writing him.

My favorite BSB would probably be a tie between Why I'd Do it all Again Nick & Fly Fishing Nick. I loved writing all his emotions in those two. lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:35:23 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »

Tonight's question:

If you could ask anyone to write a sequel/prequel to any of the stories out there that do not belong to you, what would you choose and why?

I can't really answer this either as I'm not a fan of sequels unless there is more to tell.  Most stories I read end just right, or the writer has already done a sequel.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »

Hmm, I think my favourite BSB character would have to be Nick from Rewind because he was such a mess in the future, and even when he had the chance to do it all again, he still made a few wrong choices.

Favourite non-BSB is Jordan in Save A Prayer, LOL.  I was cruel to him :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »

Tonight's Question:

What plot or story was the furthest outside the box thing you have ever written?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »

I wrote a challenge entry about Nick being a pirate hunter lol. It was super outside the box for me because it was all action and it was alternate universe. I challenged myself even further with it by not using any dialogue, since I usually rely heavily on dialogue and tend to not include enough description.

It was really difficult for me to write!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »

Wow, Steph, I can't imagine a story without any dialogue, unless it was just about one character by himself.  That does sound like a challenge!

Besides challenge stories that are meant to be outside the box, like the killer monkeys from outer space one I wrote for the April Fool's challenge, I think the most "out there" stuff I've written has been for 00Carter.  Aliens, moonwalking penguins, shootouts at Disney World, sword fights on pirate ships, Zambonis rigged with bombs... these are things I never thought I'd be writing, especially all in the same story.  But 00Carter brings out my creativity and tests my writing abilities like no other story ever has, and I love it for that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »

Yep it was basically about Nick by himself and I don't even think it cracked 1000 words haha
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

I think "Miracle" was pretty out there for me - a drug that brings the dead back to life? It was different. Although the writing style was my typical shtick - the drama, the high emotion, the brotherly factor. I don't know. Fear of Flying - the now imfamous Llama story - really was out there if we're gonna go for WTF-edness. Again though, it was similar to my typical writing style when I write humor. Fast paced, slap-stick, etc. Hmm I'm gonna have to think about one where I really stepped out of my usual writing style.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »

I thikn Whatever the Night May Bring was my most outside the box story. Tears in the universe, Trump president, people hunting down stars, Canadians taking over the world, dopplegangers killing one another, the end of the world lol Yup, that one definitely was out there for me.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »

Um. I'd have to say Remember Me This Way. It was my first step into a true psychological/medical angsty story. Now I'm comfortable there but everything about that story was new. I never wrote a straight up bromance, no med story on my own just dabbles from Code Blue. So everything about that was a first for me. I think that's why I'm as satisfied with that story as I am.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »

Wow I missed quite a bit today. I need to answer my own question.

For the sequel question, I don't have an answer because if the writer intended for one there would already be one written.

Favorite BSB character for me is Nick in the Nick and Amanda series. He goes through so much durimg the course of the series, from dealing with his rotten childhood to meeting his brother for the first time, becoming a parent, losing his wife....Nick goes through quite a bit and it was like seeing him grow up over the last few years. I've grown attached to that character and all of his flaws.

For non BSB character I'd say Valerie in Figured You out. She's so different from anyone I've written before and it was fun to push the limits with her to see how crazy she could be.

Pushing myself out of my comfot zone? Definitely Figured You Out and the accompanying challenge I wrote, entitled I Should Be Thankful. Both of those were darker than what I was used to writing at the time, it was my first suspense story and I will forever be amazed at how it turned out. Another story is the snippets I wrote for 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter as that was the first time I experimented in writing semi gory stuff :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2012, 01:58:04 AM »

I have a question...

What's your favorite character (one BSB one original) from someone else's story?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27