Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Question of the day thread number 2!  (Read 64273 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day thread number 2!
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »

My bestie used to write too but now she says the BSB are a waste of time. She still talks to me about my writing tho. It kinda sucks when the only person you can do BSB activities with is no longer interested :(

Mine, thankfully, doesn't view it as a waste of time.  She is still open about it... and she helps me when I need research help :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

myconfession

« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »

Steph, at least you aren't in your 30s and have Jonas Brothers on your iPod like I have LOL

I have that AND one direction and I turn 32 technically tomorrow. *hangs head*

myconfession

« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »

I tried to explain fan fiction to my Mom but it goes over her head.

My co-workers, the cool ones anyway, know I write it for the most part. Some people are ashamed, but I'm not lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

I'm sure the people I work with know I write because a couple of them follow me on twitter. I try not to explicitly say what I write though. If any of them have figured it out, they haven't said anything. And most of them are dorks anyway who play Magic and stuff so they're in no position to judge my nerdy hobby :P

My boss knows I write fiction, and telling him that actually helped get me a promotion at my job. So...win? Now I write at work all day! A very different type of writing, but I still write. And it's kinda cool to be able to use the skills I basically learned writing fan fiction at my job. I don't get to be overly creative or make up stories or anything like that, but I do still get the practice on how to word things and make it flow nice so someone will want to read it and pay attention to it.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »

My mom knows about fanfic, but that's about it. And honestly the main reason was cause one year Julie made me this Drums doll from 00Carter out of one of those old NSYNC dolls for Xmas, and I had to explain it when she saw it in my room LMFAO. I tend to keep quiet about it. People know I write and sometimes the plots (like Undead) but I don't actually tell anyone I write fanfic. It's why you'll never see me mention anything related to it on FB, the most I'll do is possibly mention BSB stuff.

My twitter USED to be exclusively my online world. Until my cousin found my twitter when he moved out here and followed me. I now have to watch what I say cause if he knew I wrote fanfic, I would NEVER hear the end of it LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

I talk to people about my writing. Sometimes I will get a good idea, like for Figured You Out I had no idea how I was gonna end it. I had wanted to kill Nick off originally but his idea was better (for those who haven't read it I won't reveal his idea)

My best friend has known about my Fanfic writing for over ten years. When we graduated high school she and I drifted apart (possibly the cause for my writing hiatus between 2002 and 2009). When she and I started talking again, she asked if I still wrote, turned out when I was posting at AC she had been reading the stories! She also said she remembered them from when we talked about them in high school. We are really close now, I've gotten her hooked on fanfiction and she even helps me with dialogue for my romance series. Figured You Out was the first story I had written without help in that. She still reads my other work and helps me post my new stories since I don't have a computer.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »

My dad actually told my aunt when I got the Felix Award for suspense, they were all proud of me and my dad asked me if I was gonna print out the banner and frame it. I said no because that just seems crazy. Most people are cool with me writing, I've had co workers read my stuff and said I have a knack for it. Then I also get the people who are snarky and ask if I'm ever gonna do any "real" writing.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2012, 04:00:08 AM »

I have that AND one direction and I turn 32 technically tomorrow. *hangs head*

I also have 1D and The Wanted on mine, lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2012, 04:09:33 AM »

I love The Wanted, not even gonna lie lol. But their music seems a little more mature than One Direction's. But... I will that "What Makes You Beautiful" song that is freaking everywhere I go lately, has grown on me.

But hey, I'm also only 25  :P.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2012, 04:16:54 AM »

I am just getting into The Wanted, and I absolutely love One Direction. I own their CD and I like Big Time Rush's new album Elevate.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06:53 AM »

Going back to Erika's question, my immediate family - mom, dad, sister - are the only ones in my real life who know I write fanfic.  When I started, I still shared a room with my sister, so I could only hide it from her for so long.  Eventually my mom "found" my website (I think my sister told her, but she would never admit to it) and asked me about it.  I made her vow never to read any of my stories, and she promised she wouldn't.  I actually think she's kept that promise because in all these years, she's never mentioned any specific storylines I've written about, and I've written enough weird stuff that I kind of think she would, if she'd really read any of it.  I don't think she cares enough to.  She's the only one who ever asks me about my writing, though, and usually it's with the same attitude as Lore's mom.  "When are you going to write a REAL novel?  You know, not about the Backstreet Boys?"  My dad is clueless about computers, so he's never seen my site and never asked about my writing.  This is fine with me; I don't want them coming to my site or reading my stories or my Twitter!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2012, 10:08:30 AM »

I also have 1D and The Wanted on mine, lol

I have The Wanted too.  LOVE them. :) Imke sent me all their songs minus the ones on the American album. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »

She's the only one who ever asks me about my writing, though, and usually it's with the same attitude as Lore's mom.  "When are you going to write a REAL novel?  You know, not about the Backstreet Boys?" 

don't you LOVE getting that tone when being asked about it? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »

My sister knows about fanfic now but she's the only person in my RL who does. She doesn't judge me at all for it, at least not to my face. She reads House fanfic lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »

don't you LOVE getting that tone when being asked about it? 

I just roll my eyes at her and change the subject.  It's so awkward talking about fanfic with her, and I don't want to say too much and get her interested enough to go poking around on my site.  Stay away, Mom!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27