Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121827 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »

Calibri 11pt or Georgia 10pt.

Calibri 11 for me too <3
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 08:22:54 AM »

Today's question:

What is your definition of a good story & are there fanfics you've actually read more than once because you loved them that much?

A good story for me is something which holds my attention from early on and continues to do so.  There are fanfics I've got saved as favourites, but I've not gone and read any back yet.  But I will one day :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »

Time to answer some questions. I was waiting to get on the computer before I did this lol

I pretty much agree with what everyone has been saying concerning what makes a great story. There has to be a natural flow from one chapter to the next to make me want to read and of crouse the depth and believeability of the characters is really important.

I am not big on rereading things, books included. As much as I love some stories and books, i've only ever reread a handful of them from start to finish but the ones I do, it's because I find myself missing them. Most of the time, i'll pick a few of my favorite chapters or scenes to reread more so than the entire thing. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »

Okay lets try this question:

When writing a chapter, do you pay attention to your word count or how many pages you have? Do you have a limit per chapter? Like after 6 pages you stop?

Is that a better question? lol

I don't really pay attention to word count, but my chapters always tend to be between 1000 - 1500 words, it's not that often I go over that.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

As far as paying attention to word count etc... I am pretty anal about that.

I enjoy having most of my chapters stay pretty even in length. Usually I go by word count and depends, it used to be a lot more than it is now. I'm happy with it if it's at least 1,800 - 3,000 If it's more or less than that I feel like I need to either cut it down or lengthen. Quirky, I know lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »

I have another question too:

When/if you got published did you/would you remove the fan fiction version of the story from the website or leave it published in its original state?

I would remove the fanfic version unless it was so dramatically changed that it didn't resemble the fanfic version anymore.  Not that I'd ever publish anything of mine though, lol!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »

Now I'm curious about the most random thing ever. What font do you guys write in? LOL. I like Arial 11pt.

I use Calibri 11 or Arial 11

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

I think it's a really smart idea to remove your fanfic from the sites, especially if you are using the same title. All people have to do is google the title, they'll see the fanfic version and the book version pop up. One is free, one is not, which one would you go for?  Also there's a good chance any real life friends who do not know you write fanfic will find out by googling the title of the book. Also there could be copyright issues. Needless to say, I removed Mel's from all the fanfic sites when the book was published for those reasons lol
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:41:30 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »

I usually use Tahoma 10 pt, but not always. I don't tend to care actually lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »

Guess I should change my avy too? I think I might have a groundhog one somewhere. I don't have a spam one and I don't want to use an AJ Instagram pose! Does anyone have a pic with Nick and a shake? lmao

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 08:38:31 AM »

I want to change mine as I think I've had the same one since I joined here.  I should try and create a bot fly and chocolate one, LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »

Guess I should change my avy too? I think I might have a groundhog one somewhere. I don't have a spam one and I don't want to use an AJ Instagram pose! Does anyone have a pic with Nick and a shake? lmao

I do actually have one with Nick and a shake on my computer at home lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »

LOL cool!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 09:11:16 AM »

Not commenting on Nick and shakes right now. I can't stop laughing.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »

I'd change my Avvy but I'm not creative with creating them and well... it'd just end up being purple anyway. LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49