Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121828 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »

When you write, which one of the Boys' personality is closest to your own? Do you ever make them say phrases or do things or be obsessed with things that you are that they aren't in real life?

I would think it's safe to say that Nick is me in a lot of ways lol his thought process and mine are very similar. I would like to think I am the less blond version of him. The eye rolloing comes from me totally. I roll my eyes so much during the course of one day that one day they're going to stay like that fo sho!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »

Chinese food? Nom.

That leads me to a question... is there a type of food you find yourself feeding your characters that you like in particular? Do they go out for Chinese food? Order in pizza? Microwave popcorn?

Or do they not eat because they're manorexic or vampires?

yes nom nom indeed but I am too stuffed! LOL those buffets will be the death of me!

As far as the boys, I tend to make pizza a big thing or if I hear they ate somewhere like sushi in my last one or going to a deli or McDonald's. They tend to eat a lot in my fics! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »

yes nom nom indeed but I am too stuffed! LOL those buffets will be the death of me!

As far as the boys, I tend to make pizza a big thing or if I hear they ate somewhere like sushi in my last one or going to a deli or McDonald's. They tend to eat a lot in my fics! LOL

I tend to write them eating when I'm actually hungry myself.  in Fighting Fate though, I swear all Nick did was eat... seemed like every time I wrote a chapter he was eating something or other. 

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »

When you write, which one of the Boys' personality is closest to your own? Do you ever make them say phrases or do things or be obsessed with things that you are that they aren't in real life?

Nick's LOL. Nick usually gets my random tendency to sing or the way I'll think of off the wall shit out of nowhere. I usually will sometimes put in my own feelings about family drama into Nick's and exaggerate it while mixing it with how the Carters really are. Most of me goes into Nick.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »

Chinese food? Nom.

That leads me to a question... is there a type of food you find yourself feeding your characters that you like in particular? Do they go out for Chinese food? Order in pizza? Microwave popcorn?

Or do they not eat because they're manorexic or vampires?

When I'm feeding them, it's usually something I'm craving at the time LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

lmao okay now I think I also associate you with talking grapes  

LMFAO that was your fault for making that a challenge!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »

I am probably most like Kevin so ummmm yeah... I write him pretty well... though I typically don't make him obsessed with a boyband sitting at home writing fanfic while Mason sleeps and his wife groans that he is writing fanfic instead of his original fiction again. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »

In real life, I think my personality is closest to Kevin's, which is funny because I don't write Kevin stories LOL.  I think I insert aspects of my personality into whichever guy I'm writing about, while still trying to write them how I see them.  I don't purposely change their personalities or interests to fit my own, but if we do have something in common, I'll use that.  I'm a huge South Park fan, for example, and can find a South Park reference for just about anything, so sometimes I'll have Nick make South Park references because I know he's watched that show.  I don't think I've ever had Brian quote South Park, though, because it doesn't fit him. 

That leads me to a question... is there a type of food you find yourself feeding your characters that you like in particular?

I have them eat pizza and ice cream a lot.  Pizza and ice cream are my favorite foods. LOL

I seem to write a lot of breakfast scenes too.  I like breakfast, but rarely have enough time for it in real life; on a work day, my breakfast is usually coffee and a granola bar, maybe a bowl of cereal if I get up early enough.  So my stories are a way to fantasize about what it would be like to savor a nice big breakfast every day. :)  LOL

I can't read or write about food without making myself hungry!  It's a good thing I just finished lunch, or I would probably be wanting to make pancakes right about now LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

There's never a bad time for pancakes!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

There's never a bad time for pancakes!

This is true!  I may have made French toast at like 2 a.m. one time when I was writing Curtain Call because they were eating French toast in the story and I started craving it.  This was before ACBL.  Bad! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »

Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day usually! Since I'm such an early bird I generally have a lot of time to make my turkey bacon & egg white burritos! Yum lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

Except when I over indulge on Chinese for lunch lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »

Oh, and I have written people I know into my stories. Mersey is my main villain in the Protect and serve stories and Rose was AJ's psychotic girlfriend in a challenge story. I think I made Julie a doctor in 5 BSBs lol probably a lot more that have slipped my mind at the moment. Lenni was in one too, I believe?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

Yay groundhog avy!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2012, 02:31:57 PM »

Oh good it's showing? It's still the adorable sandwich kitty on my iPod lol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49