Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121839 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

I've lived in new jersey my whole life and I have been told I don't sound like I'm from here. My sister has a thick Jersey accent and so does my mother, but for some reason I don't. I was on the phone yesterday with a friend from Ohio and she told me I don't sound like I'm from Jersey at all.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »

I think Julie has an accent. She definitely sounds like she is from the mid-west!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »

I have this friend in Australia that I talk to on the phone occasionally. When we first spoke I just kept listening and forgetting to talk because I love Aussie accents. She goes "why did you go quiet" and I said "I love your voice. Just keep going" LOL she thought it was funny.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

Here is another question...
Have you ever written or read a scene that was stuck in your head for days?

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Yes actually, I have. When writing Figured You Out, the scene with Lauren after they got back together really played through my mind and wouldn't leave me alone. That and the McDonald's scene LOL.

As for reading....Bri an carving MINE onto Nick and Nick baking someone into muffins pretty much scarred me for life.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

I think Julie has an accent. She definitely sounds like she is from the mid-west!

:)

I took this quiz once on American accents, and it was very accurate!  I just went to find it and took it again, and it was still spot on.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/what_american_accent_do_you_have#

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent."  You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas.  You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

This one is just American accents, but I'm sure there are others for Canada and other countries.  I don't have time to Google right now, but if anyone else searches and finds a good one, post it here!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

I have this friend in Australia that I talk to on the phone occasionally. When we first spoke I just kept listening and forgetting to talk because I love Aussie accents. She goes "why did you go quiet" and I said "I love your voice. Just keep going" LOL she thought it was funny.

I love Australian and British/Irish accents!  I'm sure I could listen to UK Steph talk all day!  I find American accents more grating, especially the big city accents.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »

Yeah I love British accents too! and Boston accents. I have a friend from there also. When we met at Nick's show in NYC I was fascinated by her Boston accent.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

I just took the quiz & it was pretty accurate. It said the Inland North. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »

Apparently the accent I have is The Midland. I giggled at the "about" question... no I do not say aboot! haha
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

Aboot! LOL  I didn't think you had much of an accent when I met you, Steph.
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »

See I made reference to the suicidal shuttle drivers in the Bahamas LOL. One wrong move and they would've taken out five epic writers on AC! :P

I was literally more afraid of that driver's skillz than I have EVER been ever in a car before. Ever. And that includes being in the same driver's ed car while a guy who literally answered a question about how to avoid an accident with "uhh.. swerve?" and a girl whose first time behind the wheel she didn't even make it out of the parking lot before running over a squirrel and screaming hysterically.

Yeah, the driver was THAT skilled.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »

I took this quiz once on American accents, and it was very accurate!  I just went to find it and took it again, and it was still spot on.

Lmao Mine says the way I pronounce stuff I'm from the west.. LOL Um.. Interesting. Everyone says I sound Bostonian. I wonder where I went wrong. haha
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »

I was literally more afraid of that driver's skillz than I have EVER been ever in a car before. Ever. And that includes being in the same driver's ed car while a guy who literally answered a question about how to avoid an accident with "uhh.. swerve?" and a girl whose first time behind the wheel she didn't even make it out of the parking lot before running over a squirrel and screaming hysterically.

Yeah, the driver was THAT skilled.

It was a pretty terrifying shuttle ride!

And that horse that came right up behind us, got annoyed and went around? LMAO. It had the right idea getting as far away from that vehicle as possible!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »

aw I missed some fun by being a fuddy duddy and not going on the cruise because I had no roomie... heh
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:27:30 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49