Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121825 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #345 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:55 PM »

Saka-Steph and I have met once or twice or a half dozen times in real life. We may or may not jet set off to glamorous locales to shop and see concerts. Really wish we got along better though... :P

Karen and I had actually gone on a few trips (even with our families) before we ever had a BSB related trip together. Wacky!

I've actually met quite a few people from AC and from Twitter. Plus I tend to make friends while waiting in lines at shows. It's really random.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #346 on: July 21, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »

You and Me..... Llama-Sex free roommates!

I got so excited when I read this post I squeed. Just saying.  ;D
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #347 on: July 21, 2012, 09:49:45 PM »

Saka-Steph and I have met once or twice or a half dozen times in real life. We may or may not jet set off to glamorous locales to shop and see concerts. Really wish we got along better though... :P

Karen and I had actually gone on a few trips (even with our families) before we ever had a BSB related trip together. Wacky!

I've actually met quite a few people from AC and from Twitter. Plus I tend to make friends while waiting in lines at shows. It's really random.

I felt like you knew half of Canada at the Montreal show. LOL

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #348 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »

Going back to the who I've met, I think everyone I've met pretty much laid claim on me already... lol I've met a lot of readers. I think the weirdest was on the cruise I was walking through the lines waiting to check in and I got accosted like 4 times by people yelling about the Llama. Once was Rachel. But other than that? the other 3 girls? I HAVE NO IDEA EVEN TODAY who they were. One even stopped me and took the llama and took a picture with him. And I have no idea who they were. They all seemed to know me though so wahooo!! LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #349 on: July 21, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »

I kept thinking we'd done six trips and I tried to remember what the sixth trip was, and when I realized you weren't on it with me I got sad. It just does not feel right lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »

I kept thinking we'd done six trips and I tried to remember what the sixth trip was, and when I realized you weren't on it with me I got sad. It just does not feel right lol

I vote your guys' next trip is to Nashville.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

I vote your guys' next trip is to Nashville.

With the Bacardi tea? I vote yes.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »

what does nobody want to come to Colorado? We could get a lodge for a long weekend in the mountains during ski season and let hilarity ensue.  I don't ski but I'll totally buy and outfit that makes me look like a ski bunny and sit around sipping hot cocoa.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #353 on: July 21, 2012, 11:45:04 PM »

what does nobody want to come to Colorado? We could get a lodge for a long weekend in the mountains during ski season and let hilarity ensue.  I don't ski but I'll totally buy and outfit that makes me look like a ski bunny and sit around sipping hot cocoa.

Haha that's totally what I did when I went on a ski trip to Quebec in Junior High. We just sat around in the lodge the whole day drinking hot chocolate. It was awesome. If I didn't already live the winter wonderland of Winnipeg, I'd be so down for a ski trip :P Me and snow... we are not friends.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »

lol But.. but... I'm moving to Nashville to get away from the snow!!  :-[

myconfession

« Reply #355 on: July 22, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »

I got so excited when I read this post I squeed. Just saying.  ;D

LMFAO!!! Oh the door ideas alone....

myconfession

« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »

lol But.. but... I'm moving to Nashville to get away from the snow!!  :-[

babycakes, it snows in Nashville. Not as much, but it does LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #357 on: July 22, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

I have a question, mon amis!

What are some things that block you from writing? And I don't really mean things like, getting distracted on twitter or forums. I mean, you're sitting there with word open with the intention to write and...nothing comes out.

I know for me, I'll overthink a scene a lot, and then when I sit down to write it, I almost feel as though I won't be able to do it justice when I go to type it all out, so I sit there thinking and thinking and almost psyching myself out of writing it. I almost just have to write without thinking at all to get it out, otherwise I'll end up second guessing myself.

I also tend to have too many projects on the go at once, (whether posted or not) and when I'm working on one, I sort of feel guilty, like I'm neglecting the others. As I result I end up doing one-shots, which are so unproductive, and make it so that I'm neglecting everything else, but at least I get some form of writing done. lol
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #358 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

Usually what blocks me is that I don't know where to go next or haven't thought out the scene I want to write.  Sometimes outlines help but a lot of times it is how to start the scene/chapter that will block me.  If I get moving I typically don't have issues, but if I veer off in a strange direction I get myself stuck as to what to do next and sometimes find I have to start over. 

Hannah there is no promise of snow in Colorado, if we go early enough in the winter they might be filling the mountain with fake snow. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

I have a question, mon amis!

What are some things that block you from writing? And I don't really mean things like, getting distracted on twitter or forums. I mean, you're sitting there with word open with the intention to write and...nothing comes out.

I know for me, I'll overthink a scene a lot, and then when I sit down to write it, I almost feel as though I won't be able to do it justice when I go to type it all out, so I sit there thinking and thinking and almost psyching myself out of writing it. I almost just have to write without thinking at all to get it out, otherwise I'll end up second guessing myself.

I also tend to have too many projects on the go at once, (whether posted or not) and when I'm working on one, I sort of feel guilty, like I'm neglecting the others. As I result I end up doing one-shots, which are so unproductive, and make it so that I'm neglecting everything else, but at least I get some form of writing done. lol

This!  Seriously, everything you said is true of me too.

Also, like Lore said, just getting started is usually the hardest part for me.  Once I get going, I'm usually fine, but sometimes I get stuck just figuring out how to start a chapter or scene.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49