Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121823 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #585 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »

I also love your cliffhangers, Mare!  I may tell you I hate you in reviews LOL, but I secretly love you for it.  It's the same way with TV shows that do that, as many of my favorites do - I may scream at my TV and go, "OMG, how I will I ever make it to next week?!" but then it gives me something to look forward to, and that is fun.  That said, it's more fun to read your stories when they're finished so I can resolve the cliffy by reading on and not have to wait for the next update LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #586 on: July 25, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »

LOL I love to yell at Mare when she leaves cliffhangers. It's a fun sort of "hate", hehe.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #587 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »

Mare I actually love your cliffhangers :) I tend to do that as well. Also sometimes the plot gets confusing, not sure if that comes across for my readers but nobody has called me on anything as of yet.

Aww thanks, Tracy! A lot of people tend to complain about them lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #588 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »

I love cliffhangers by anyone really. It makes me look forward to the next update. I loved using those in FYO lol. I miss writing suspense.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #589 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »

Thanks guys! Glad to know it's a love hate thing! LOL

I am with you, Tracy. I love cliffhangers especially when I know they are going to be resolved and not left by someone who never intends to finish what they started. Like let's say shooting Kevin and having Nick living with the Amish ... lmao hrmm....

I STILL hate Eboni for leaving her Prisoners of War story on a cliffhanger! And that was about 10 years ago!! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »

Stuff that I do?

Well I write AU a lot. I know a lot of people don't really like AU. Female lead in Weird World and the fact it's a science fiction.

In my romance series....prob ably that it is drawn out. Also has some cliches. Amanda isn't a well developed character because I spent so much time working on Nick's abusive childhood and inner struggle with his self worth. I also have myself as a character.

I can be to overly critical of myself and put myself down which leads to maybe people not wanting to read, I can't get Rose's words out of my head "if you don't believe in yourself, people won't believe in you" . Whenever I start doubting what I wrote I hear that little voice nagging me.

I also write wordy reviews because I like to point out what I liked but sometimes I ramble. (I do that on forum too)

I use banners (sorry Mare) lmao but not all have banners.

no reason to apologize for banners, Tracy i'm an odd duck and I don't think many people would have a problem with a female lead in a story as well. Those are just quirky me things. LOL and not always either.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #591 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »

And I think everyone appreciates wordy reviews!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #592 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »

I am with you, Tracy. I love cliffhangers especially when I know they are going to be resolved and not left by someone who never intends to finish what they started. Like let's say shooting Kevin and having Nick living with the Amish ... lmao hrmm....

:angel:

I promise you, I did and still do intend to finish that story!  Blame Nick!  Seriously, though, I'm still working on clearing my plate so that I have nothing else to distract me and am forced to figure out where the hell I'm going with GR so I can continue it LOL.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #593 on: July 25, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »

*side eyes Julie* oh wait.....lmao I don't like when I'm into a really good story and then they stop updating and vanish.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »

Thanks guys! Glad to know it's a love hate thing! LOL

I STILL hate Eboni for leaving her Prisoners of War story on a cliffhanger! And that was about 10 years ago!! lol

Yeah! Hmmmm wonder who would do that? LOL.

Dude, I'm still sad she never finished The Question. Ugh, I loved all of Eboni's stories.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #595 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

I promise you, I did and still do intend to finish that story!  Blame Nick!  Seriously, though, I'm still working on clearing my plate so that I have nothing else to distract me and am forced to figure out where the hell I'm going with GR so I can continue it LOL.

I just feel the need to give you gentle reminders from time to time when the opportunity shows itself! :) lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #596 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »

*coughs*UnlessYouDidWhatYouDidWithCurtainCallAndDitchGRForRandomInspiration*cough* :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #597 on: July 25, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »

Yeah! Hmmmm wonder who would do that? LOL.

Dude, I'm still sad she never finished The Question. Ugh, I loved all of Eboni's stories.

I swear one day i'm going to send her a random email or IM her and yell at her!! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #598 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »

I just feel the need to give you gentle reminders from time to time when the opportunity shows itself! :) lol

I know, and I appreciate it; it's nice to know people still care and that when I get back to updating it consistently, they'll hopefully still want to read it. :)   My track record may be against me on that one, but I must point out that I resurrected a story I hadn't updated in two years before this summer and am almost done with it now, so I'm hoping for the same with GR when Secrets is done.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #599 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »

I swear one day i'm going to send her a random email or IM her and yell at her!! LOL

LOL she was so one of the authors I looked up to heavily back in the day. Boys In The Basement was another fave of mine.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49