Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121862 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #630 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »

Chocolate milkshakes are good but don't have the raspberry one if Nick gives it to you. I will never take food from that boy. No way!

LOL!  Don't eat his muffins either.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

LOL!  Don't eat his muffins either.

....that just sounds so dirty. LOL
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #632 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »

LMFAO that really does sound dirty. *dies* and no muffins for me, thank you. Haven't eaten any since your story Julie.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #633 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

LOL You have no idea.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #634 on: July 25, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »

LMAO and is...in a way...
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #635 on: July 26, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »

Holy smokes it took me forever to go through this thread. By the time I answer I get left behind in the convo lol. But I enjoy reading your conversations.

Reviews- I tend to have big gaps where I don't go online or my iPod doesn't want to work. So if I can't respond to a review I always thank my readers for their feedback in the notes and explain why I can't respond. I think they knew I appreciated and didn't do it on purpose cause they stuck around. I have stopped reviewing and reading some stories cause I've noticed the selective responses.

Fanfic pet peeves- Walls of text, girl meets BSB at a concert and immediately fall in love plot, overly descriptive stories, would this fall into fanfic pet peeves...when an author brags about how great they are and then you read their story and it's disappointing.

Gotta go back and see the rest of the questions.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #636 on: July 26, 2012, 12:38:45 AM »

Oh and authors I wish would come back are Alota_cookin, Honey and Filiklepto.

Critical things I do- I have issues with comas  :shrug:, I write mostly AU, I make banners, I write about odd things...

Still thinking of a FF pet peeve I'm sure people can have with my stories.

Oh, I tend to sometimes live too much in the character's head, in 1st or 3rd person. So at times I may go and let them ramble in their heads a little too much with no purpose to it. Just because I'm writing and I'm letting them think and yeah.

Another would probably be that I have absolutely no problems killing people lol. I'm sure some would find my stories a bit too gore filled at times.

I do that too Rose, especially in first person. I think Jack in Sinister Devotion tended to rant a bit too much.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:53:31 AM by kevmylove »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #637 on: July 26, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »

would this fall into fanfic pet peeves...when an author brags about how great they are and then you read their story and it's disappointing.

That's a pet peeve of mine too.  It's great to be proud of your work, but don't brag about it... and if you are gonna brag, then it better be good! LOL  Bragging is something that tends to turn me off to an author/story, more than attract me to it, though.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #638 on: July 26, 2012, 02:55:05 AM »

I agree about the bragging as well, it is a turn off.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #639 on: July 26, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »

Wow, pages and pages to catch up on again.

Things I do which could be other people's peeves...I've used my own name in stories in the past (we all did over on the site I used to go on), probably not descriptive enough at times, sometimes don't update enough, and I'm sure there are loads more faults.

Writers I'd like to see back are Honey and Filiklepto as I love their stories.

My biggest writing peeves are walls of text, bad spelling and presentation.

Can't remember what other questions were asked.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #640 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »

That's a pet peeve of mine too.  It's great to be proud of your work, but don't brag about it... and if you are gonna brag, then it better be good! LOL  Bragging is something that tends to turn me off to an author/story, more than attract me to it, though.

Yes! LOL. Sometimes people go on and on about how great their story is, or how many reviews they get. And all it does is make me want to not read. Or people who mention their story all the freaking time. Big turn off.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #641 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »

Yes! LOL. Sometimes people go on and on about how great their story is, or how many reviews they get. And all it does is make me want to not read. Or people who mention their story all the freaking time. Big turn off.

I have been kinda bad about that on Twitter lately, blabbing about what I'm writing and posting dumb lines from my stories that I'm proud of. lol maybe that's the thing I do that annoys other people? Ah well.

Most of the authors I really liked are still writing. I do wish Dani would come back and finish Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon, though.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #642 on: July 26, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »

There's too much for me to catch up on.

To wrap up the last 48 hours worth of posts I just skimmed though...

A lot of your guys' stuff I have read and never reviewed and if you've left me one I likely haven't noticed it yet to reply because I hate getting email notifications about things. LOL  :hidesface:

~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #643 on: July 26, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

Ah yes I hate email notifications too I only notice if I get reviews on new stuff because I'll look for it. But if someone reviews something of mine that's old chances are I won't notice for a little while lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #644 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »

It's been so long since I last posted anything that I don't remember what I normally do lol

I know I was checking H&H when I knew Ritz was reading for the summer challenge because I did want to respond to her reviews. Speaking of which I still have to finish that...
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49