Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87561 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »

That's what we do... we plan out chapters with just a quick brief about what the main point of the scene is and then we just go from there. It's fun b/c we'll sit in Google Docs and we can watch the other one as they type out the scene lol Unless it's a sex scene and it's a little awkward to watch lol

Google Docs is amazing though to use when writing with someone. It's my new favorite thing lol

I didn't know you could do that in Google Docs.  You can actually watch them type??  That's cool!  I have a feeling Rose would fall asleep waiting for me to finish a scene, though; I constantly backspace to self-edit or stop to look something up, so I tend to write slowly LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

myconfession

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »

I didn't know you could do that in Google Docs.  You can actually watch them type??  That's cool!  I have a feeling Rose would fall asleep waiting for me to finish a scene, though; I constantly backspace to self-edit or stop to look something up, so I tend to write slowly LOL.

Yep, check it out. There's also a side chat that you can use to chat at the same time so that you're not writing in the actual document. Seriously the best thing since sliced bread lol

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »

Yep, check it out. There's also a side chat that you can use to chat at the same time so that you're not writing in the actual document. Seriously the best thing since sliced bread lol

That sounds magical.  :o
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 01:33:59 AM »

Sweet!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 01:42:20 AM »

I really want to go read a story about Nick being a doctor now. And yes, Julie. Brian looked sexy in the scrubs!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »

Also, Erika, I love your avatar!!  That is my favorite Kevin line ever LOL.  I have a different one with that same lyric.

Thank you! Yes, that is my favorite line too. I missed Kevin like crazy...I think that's why I didn't do the impossible to be around the boys all this time. lol. I'm already planning for when they do come out with something NOW that he's here.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »

As far as collaborating. ..I've planned out collabs with other authors, but it never works out. Most I think could work we just never come up with anything. There was one that we actually started to write, but I' wasn't as descriptive as her, so when it came to sharing our chapters she always wanted to add to mine. It just wasn't going to work.

I would like to collab with someone...mayb e someday it will happen.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2012, 05:42:48 AM »

Have you ever considered writing a story or a sequel to one of your existing stories and then decided against it and were later glad you decided not to write it?  Share the most ridiculous idea you came up with, but never wrote! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Getting gifts from people? No I haven't had that happen. But I did send Saka-Steph One Direction magazines and Karah a autographed Nick poster from when I saw him in Feb.

My favorite author....I'm gonna say Mare. Because she is so good with the boys personalities and descriptions of what is going on....she really knows how to make a good story. I'm not even joking, I've read almost everything by her. She was one of the first that I read when I came to the site. I could probably go on all day about Mizpah.

Wow, thanks Tracy! I know you've told me that before but it's really nice to know :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:09 AM »

I can't believe this thread is 5 pages long already. lol

As far as collars, I honestly don't see myself as a collab type writer. I'm a little too anal about updating etc... It would drive me nuts to have to wait around for chapters etc... it's just not for me lol I did it once though. You gotta try things at least once.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »

I can't believe this thread is 5 pages long already. lol

As far as collars, I honestly don't see myself as a collab type writer. I'm a little too anal about updating etc... It would drive me nuts to have to wait around for chapters etc... it's just not for me lol I did it once though. You gotta try things at least once.

You definitely have to be on the same page as your co-writer about things like that.  It doesn't work very well if one of you is really into it and the other isn't.

Rose and I tend to be on the same wavelength with our writing.  When we started Song for the Undead, that was the main story for both of us, and we kept it going pretty consistently for over a year before we both got other story ideas and decided to explore those and make Undead more of a side project.  It works well that way because when it's her turn to write an Undead chapter, I get to focus on my own stories without feeling guilty for leaving her hanging, and when it's my turn, she gets to do the same.  But if either of us had nothing else to write and were just waiting for the other person to hurry up and get their parts done, it would not work out so well LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:23 AM »

I have another question...man I kinda suck at answering, but I have a ton of questions. lol.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?

There was one I had to read when judging the Felix Awards where after reading it, I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it because it wasn't something I would have otherwise ever clicked on and that was Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon. I think the other one that pleasantly surprised me again because I had to judge it, was On the Rails. I mean it's everything I am classically not a fan of a historical AU romance lol but I was and still am hooked because of such incredible character development.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »

As far as sequels, you know I don't think I've ever just toyed with the idea before. The only one I kind of considered writing a sequel on was What Lurks Around the Corner because there's so many other things that could happen in that one, but I changed my mind when I figured out I would have to be the one to come up with all those things lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:43 AM »

You definitely have to be on the same page as your co-writer about things like that.  It doesn't work very well if one of you is really into it and the other isn't.

Rose and I tend to be on the same wavelength with our writing.  When we started Song for the Undead, that was the main story for both of us, and we kept it going pretty consistently for over a year before we both got other story ideas and decided to explore those and make Undead more of a side project.  It works well that way because when it's her turn to write an Undead chapter, I get to focus on my own stories without feeling guilty for leaving her hanging, and when it's my turn, she gets to do the same.  But if either of us had nothing else to write and were just waiting for the other person to hurry up and get their parts done, it would not work out so well LOL.

When I worked on mine I was working on others too but you know me and deadlines lol it was rough. I have a problem with that. lol I really do sometimes think I am in the autism spectrum because of some of my scheduling issues. I'm not even joking lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »

Hrm, collab partners besides who I've already worked with.....

I've lucked out with Steph because we typically share a brain when it comes to ideas for UT.  We plan our our scenes and some of the detail but we don't really know how the other person will take some of the ideas.  We've hit a lull in our writing for that so I need to go back and reread for the details to continue.   00Carter we have chats that are so random sometimes it's hard to believe anything gets done but from the randomness other ideas form. 

I've tried to start collabs with other authors but we didn't get them off the ground. I am not sure who else I'd like to try to collab with. 

I thought about a sequel to Amnesia...but it was so far fetched that it wasn't going to ever work.  That was the only sequel I thought about but never started and I'm so glad I never wrote it.   
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33