Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87572 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »

In fanfic who is your favorite author, and how has that person helped inspire your work?

One of my faves is Eboni, her work really inspired me back in the day where all I wrote were fantasy, supernatural, and sci-fi stories. She was the fanfic author I wanted to be like the most. because she wrote all these types of stories and pulled them off so well. I wanted to be that diverse so I tried my hand at everything. Still do really LOL.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?

Hmm, I think one of Kelly's (Honey) stories. She wrote a lot of romance then, and I checked out "Not Your Average Cinderella Story" since it was featured. I knew she wrote well. I just wasn't sure if I'd like it. Turns out I absolutely loved it lol. I ended up loving her stories.

Here's a question... if you could collab with any author (besides people you've already collabed with) who would you want to work with?

This is a really hard question for me to answer LOL. Why? Because I've tried collaborating with SO many people! If I could work with anyone though, I'd probably say Mare. I know she is not a collaborating fan but I think an epic story would spring up between us if we did.

Though really, I'm lucky cause I've found a perfect collaborating partner. Julie and I have SO many ideas we're sitting on till our current one is finished. We're able to feed off each other's ideas and I feel like as writers we balance perfectly.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »

I didn't know you could do that in Google Docs.  You can actually watch them type??  That's cool!  I have a feeling Rose would fall asleep waiting for me to finish a scene, though; I constantly backspace to self-edit or stop to look something up, so I tend to write slowly LOL.

LOL and then there's me who ends up staring at a doc half the time lmao. I feel like we'd focus fail SO badly.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »

Have you ever considered writing a story or a sequel to one of your existing stories and then decided against it and were later glad you decided not to write it?  Share the most ridiculous idea you came up with, but never wrote! LOL

I've only done one sequel and I was regretting it almost immediately LOL. I won't do sequels now unless I consider every aspect of it and outline it out completely.

Most ridiculous idea I have but never wrote?

I feel like the most ridiculous idea I have written...the grape story LOL.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »

I didn't know you could do that in Google Docs.  You can actually watch them type??  That's cool!  I have a feeling Rose would fall asleep waiting for me to finish a scene, though; I constantly backspace to self-edit or stop to look something up, so I tend to write slowly LOL.

That's how I got worked on a group project in Miami lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »

I just finished RMTW and Rose always says in her replies to me that knowing I teared up is a huge compliment to her, to let her know she did her job right.  What is the best compliment you have ever received on a story?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »

You said one of my answers for me Lore lol. In an angsty story, when you hear you made someone cry, it means you moved them emotionally. So it's just a really big compliment.

The only one that's topped that, is when Julie and I had people tell us we should get Song For The Undead published. That they could see it as a book or even as a movie. To me that is HUGE, and flattering and just... I never know how to respond to it besides saying thank you 1000 times LOL.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »

Haven't had the idea for a sequel for anything. I've been asked to do one for FYO but honestly I don't think there's anymore I could have done. However I did write a really angsty one shot that I was proud of. I love when Nick is angsting it up in a story.

Nicest compliment? I was told that someone decided to start reading fanfiction and I was the first she read. I've been told I have a way with dialogue. Comments like that are really nice but the BEST one was when Mare reviewed FYO and said she told other people to read it. I was really flattered because she's my favorite writer here :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:55 PM »

Rose, not gonna lie but I've told you several times you've made me cry. You have a way with writing angst and people's emotions that just end up getting me in the same mindset as the characters. I'm not a big crier with movies but for some reason fanfics get me. I've cried at several people's stories.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »

Haven't had the idea for a sequel for anything. I've been asked to do one for FYO but honestly I don't think there's anymore I could have done. However I did write a really angsty one shot that I was proud of. I love when Nick is angsting it up in a story.

Nicest compliment? I was told that someone decided to start reading fanfiction and I was the first she read. I've been told I have a way with dialogue. Comments like that are really nice but the BEST one was when Mare reviewed FYO and said she told other people to read it. I was really flattered because she's my favorite writer here :)

Thanks so much, Tracy & I'm glad I introduced your story to do many people. It was a great one!

Which leads me to the nicest compliment question. Whenever people say things like I'm their favorite author or I inspired them to write something really to me are the nicest things to hear. Also like what Rose said, when people tell me I should get so and so story published. It was actually feedback I got from an awards site that Mel's won a bunch of awards that inspired me to even try to get it published in the first place.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2012, 01:46:11 PM »

I agree with everyone else's answers to the compliment question.  The crying one is big for me because I write a lot of tearjerkers.  If I can make you care enough to cry, I did my job.  And hearing that you're someone's favorite fanfic author or that you inspired someone or that your story's good enough to be published is amazing!

I think my favorite compliments are the ones that fit how I've felt about reading my own favorite fanfics.  When someone tells me they spent a whole day reading (or rereading) one of my stories in one sitting because they could not put it down, or that my story stuck with them long after they finished it, that reminds me of my own experiences reading certain fanfics that I put on a pedestal, and it's awesome to think I could have created that same experience for someone else and that they're holding a story I wrote in the same high regard.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

I love when I'm told that a reader couldn't stop reading my story because they were so engrossed.  It is a huge compliment and one of my favorites. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

Wow, loads to catch up on again!

I would definitely be up for the fanfic secret Santa thing :)

Story I didn't think I'd enjoy as much as I did was Sinister Devotion, because at the time I'd never read anything like it.  It was a great story.

Favourite writer.  Hard to say because I have a few.

Writing with Lore is great, we share the same ideas for the story and are always happy with what the other one writes, it's like we share a brain for Unwinding Truth.  I'm not sure who else I'd write with, I've never really thought of it.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »

A story I was skeptical to read was On Nightingale Hill...but lord I got sucked into it just imagining poor Nick all alone in another world. Filiklepto needs come back and finish it. *sigh*

As for sequals I don't think I'm ever going to play around with sequals. I made a sequal to Sinister Devotion and got totally stuck and now my poor Jack is in limbo when I could have just left him for dead. lol.

Nicest compliment...

like a few of you has been the comments about getting published. That really makes me smile. Also when someone doesn't have an account on AC and they take the time to compliment me in an email...that's always nice!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »

Wow, loads to catch up on again!

I would definitely be up for the fanfic secret Santa thing :)

Story I didn't think I'd enjoy as much as I did was Sinister Devotion, because at the time I'd never read anything like it.  It was a great story.

Favourite writer.  Hard to say because I have a few.

Writing with Lore is great, we share the same ideas for the story and are always happy with what the other one writes, it's like we share a brain for Unwinding Truth.  I'm not sure who else I'd write with, I've never really thought of it.

Thanks for giving Jack a chance, Steph!  ;D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:30 PM »

A story I was skeptical to read was On Nightingale Hill...but lord I got sucked into it just imagining poor Nick all alone in another world. Filiklepto needs come back and finish it. *sigh*

Ooh, that is one of mine too!  I'm not much of a fantasy fan, but that one sucked me right in.  She really needs to finish it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33