Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87560 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »

Random non fanfic fact. I have never seen the Lion King from start to finish

Mare!  I'm shocked!  That is sad!  Do you not like Disney movies or just didn't care for that one?  Or just have never really sat down and watched it?  If it's the last one, you need to fix that right away!  Before your OC DVD comes! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »

I had one but I keep talking about that story and it's probably being annoying.

LOL That's kind of the point of this thread and that question!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »

That's interesting.  Do you enjoy writing on it as much as you would have if it had been your own creation originally?

I actually did enjoy writing it. When I was rewriting the first chapters I just kind of took over and went my own direction with it.  She only requested April and May stay the character's names and I saw no reason to change them.  The story took on a life of it's own when I started writing them so it was almost like I had started it myself anyway.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »

Mare!  I'm shocked!  That is sad!  Do you not like Disney movies or just didn't care for that one?  Or just have never really sat down and watched it?  If it's the last one, you need to fix that right away!  Before your OC DVD comes! LOL

I usually love Disney movies but besides the totally epic beginning, the rest never seems to hold my attention. I don't really like any of the songs. I felt the same way about Hercules. I think those are the only two newer Disney films I wasn't crazy about.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »

I usually love Disney movies but besides the totally epic beginning, the rest never seems to hold my attention. I don't really like any of the songs. I felt the same way about Hercules. I think those are the only two newer Disney films I wasn't crazy about.

I like some of the songs from both movies but Lion King is really not my favorite and Hercules bugs me because the mythology is SOOO wrong.  I know it's a kids movie but ... ugh....
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »

I actually can't think if any random facts lol I'm sure something will pop in my head.

I have never taken over someone's story before but have wanted to on more than one occasion lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »

Aww.  Lion King is one of my favorites.  I hate Hercules, though.  I didn't like any of the Disney movies after Pocahontas (of the ones I've seen), until some of the Pixar stuff, mainly Finding Nemo.  But that may just have something to do with growing up, too.  My favorites are the ones that came out when I was a kid - The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King - but I love the classics too.  The newer ones just don't compare.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

I like some of the songs from both movies but Lion King is really not my favorite and Hercules bugs me because the mythology is SOOO wrong.  I know it's a kids movie but ... ugh....

yeah that was a bit annoying too. This may sound odd but the acting was pretty bad in Hercules lol

My all time favorite besides Beauty & the Beast is Hunchback of Notre Dame I LOVE the music in that one!!

And Prince of Egypt but that's not even a Disney film oh & Anastasia!! Okay way off topic now lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »

Aww.  Lion King is one of my favorites.  I hate Hercules, though.  I didn't like any of the Disney movies after Pocahontas (of the ones I've seen), until some of the Pixar stuff, mainly Finding Nemo.  But that may just have something to do with growing up, too.  My favorites are the ones that came out when I was a kid - The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King - but I love the classics too.  The newer ones just don't compare.

What I hate about the newer newer ones are the lack of really great songs.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »

What I hate about the newer newer ones are the lack of really great songs.

Yeah, they kind of abandoned the whole musical thing, which is too bad.  The music is a big part of what made the ones from our era so great!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »

Yeah, they kind of abandoned the whole musical thing, which is too bad.  The music is a big part of what made the ones from our era so great!

What? I love Tangled and Princess and the Frog.... they are new and they have music...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »

What? I love Tangled and Princess and the Frog.... they are new and they have music...

I know they were trying to move back in that direction with those two, which was nice.  I mean all the ones in between the 90s movies and those.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »

They did have music but not as awesome although I take that back about Tangled since you know... One of my friends wrote some of the music on that one lol sorry Kevin

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »

I know they were trying to move back in that direction with those two, which was nice.  I mean all the ones in between the 90s movies and those.

yes there were several years where there was no songs that the cast sang though how can you deny the genius of "Put that thing back where it came from" in Monsters, Inc. LOL  can I hastag in the forum?? #geek
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »

I think I'm the only one in the world who is not a big fan of most of the Disney Pixar movies.  I love Finding Nemo, but while the other ones that I've seen were cute, I've never had the urge to watch them more than once.  I'm definitely a classic Disney girl!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33