Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87567 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »

have a child Julie, you won't have a lot of choice in watching animated movies over and over and over and over and over again.... I can quote some movies for you perfectly I've seen/heard them so many times.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »

LOL I bet!  I'm sure I still start seeing more of them more often as my nephew gets older.  He's not quite two yet, so still a little young for movies.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »

I kind of feel the same way with the Pixar movies. I liked a lot of them but I don't think I have watched any more than once lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »

Playing the catch-up game~

In fanfic who is your favorite author, and how has that person helped inspire your work?
I have a lot of different favourites, because everyone writes different things that I tend to like. I like to think I draw a little inspiration from everyone in different ways, to be honest. Mare definitely inspired me to write more stories about the boys themselves and to branch out from my Nick romance roots, which is probably the biggest step my writing has taken, so I'll go with her. Plus, there are a lot of her stories I re-read often.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?
Hmmm... well way back when, all of my friends were really into that I Need You Tonight story. I tried a few times to read the first chapter but wasn't so into it. Then when I finally sat down and read the whole thing, I fell in love with it. I have all of it saved and have re-read it recently. It had a really slow start though and I guess that's why I couldn't get into at first. On my re-reads I usually skip the first couple of chapters because they're boring.

if you could collab with any author (besides people you've already collabed with) who would you want to work with?
Honestly my writing is so sporadic I don't know that anyone would want to collab with me! I jump around scenes too much and get bored with stories and abandon them for long periods of time for collaborating to work for me, I think.

Have you ever considered writing a story or a sequel to one of your existing stories and then decided against it and were later glad you decided not to write it?  Share the most ridiculous idea you came up with, but never wrote! LOL
Yes! I was going to write a third story about Nick and Ashleigh (after In Pieces and My Happy Ending) about Nick's relationship with his mom, and Ashleigh's mom dying and them coming to terms with the fact that their son died. Yeah.. I started it but then I decided I didn't want to write it so I deleted it. Too much death in that story lol

Uhh I was also going to have two more stories after The Best of Both Worlds where Nick and Dani break-up and have a bunch of drama, and then Dani goes out with Brian and Nick tries to win her back and there's a ton of drama... but again, decided not to write them. Because ridic. Although because of the way I tend to jump around I do have a random chapter from one of those stories written where Nick bitches Dani out for being indecisive... and then tries to sleep with her lol.

What is the best compliment you have ever received on a story?
This girl actually left a comment on Nick's Dirty Kicks recently and said she wanted to translate the story to put on her Spanish BSB fiction site (with credit to me, of course) that was pretty cool!

give us a random fact about something you've written that we might find surprising.
I got the idea for February Stars from the fact that I was doing data entry at work, and someone had that as part of their email address. I remember thinking it was pretty, and that I wanted to use it for something. So I decided to use it as a title for a one shot and built a story around it.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

Author I've been skeptical to check out? Probably Tri. I don't really read romance but I saw the banner for Time Has a Way and decided to click on it. I've really enjoyed that story and Merry Maid...Merry Maid was somewhat of a visual. I've also read some of Karah's stories and I enjoyed them as well. I'm starting to like romance more.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »

I was skeptical of reading It Stays With You, I thought it might freak me out. Although it did, I really enjoyed it. At times i felt like I was Brian going  :crazy:

I've never taken over anyone's story. There are some that I wouldn't mind taking over though. lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »

Wow, thanks a lot, Steph! That means a lot to me! I'm really glad you decided to branch out because you write the boys really well. You know how I feel about Running Up That Hill. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2012, 07:12:39 PM »

I was skeptical of reading It Stays With You, I thought it might freak me out. Although it did, I really enjoyed it. At times i felt like I was Brian going  :crazy:

I've never taken over anyone's story. There are some that I wouldn't mind taking over though. lol.

Thanks for giving It Stays a try. I know it's a bit dark lol I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »

Not really a question, but give us a random fact about something you've written that we might find surprising.

Walked Out Of My Dreams is my fictional non-romance interpretation of Unmistakable.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »

I've never taken over someone's story. I've tried to continue stories after collaborators ditched me, but even that tends to be unsuccessful lol. I don't think I could. I don't know, it would have to feel like it was mine.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »

Walked Out Of My Dreams is my fictional non-romance interpretation of Unmistakable.

What is Unmistakable? I don't think I've heard of that one.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »

What is Unmistakable? I don't think I've heard of that one.

You don't know the song? LOL. It's on Unbreakable.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/backstreetboys/unmistakable.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ErbdHnF_NY

I just really liked the idea of knowing you're waiting for someone out there and having no idea who it is. So of course my interpretation of that is having Nick try to find a missing Brian who remembers nothing of his old life, and convinced himself he's someone else after I kill off Leighanne lol. Brian's trying to remember things, but it's only in dreams. And asking himself how he can know things he's never done... it's my play on the song lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:21:45 PM by Rose »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

Oh, the song lmao I thought it was a movie or story or something! *walks out of thread naked*

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »

LMFAO awww Mare, I still love you!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »

Uh oh, get the shock collar!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33