Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87551 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »

lol I totally need the shock collar :(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2012, 10:08:13 PM »

I guess the weirdest fact about any of my stories is that when I originally storyboarded the first Saving the Day for Blondes, Kevin was supposed to turn out to be a mobster and that only changed because when I got him and Nick down by the river, I just couldn't figure out how to twist the story enough to make that believable. LOL
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

myconfession

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »

Author I've been skeptical to check out? Probably Tri. I don't really read romance but I saw the banner for Time Has a Way and decided to click on it. I've really enjoyed that story and Merry Maid...Merry Maid was somewhat of a visual. I've also read some of Karah's stories and I enjoyed them as well. I'm starting to like romance more.

Aww thank you dahling!

myconfession

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2012, 01:28:38 AM »

After a day of getting offered a new job in a new city four hours away and then being written up at work, I thought I'd missed a lot.

Not really a question, but give us a random fact about something you've written that we might find surprising.

--- I wrote an AU once where Nick works at a fashion house in Miami and falls in love with a nun.  Hm, I'm trying to think... Nick as a teenage father. LOL

And I, too, have never seen The Lion King, nor do I have the desire to do so. "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" does not make me feel the love. LOL

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »

I love Disney movies. But I've never seen Finding Nemo all the way through *hides*

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »

Random fact...Save A Prayer kind of came from the Duran Duran song of the same name.  In the video to it they are in the jungle/somewhere tropical and I thought it would be great to stick the boys somewhere like that, but worse, lol.

I'm not sure I've seen The Lion King all the way through either, it might be one of those I spaced out in.  My favourite Disney films have always been Beauty & The Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Damn.  I love the music in The Hunchback.  I've film the live show of Beauty & The Beast twice.  Out of the newer Disney films I loved Princess & The Frog.  Some of them I know word for word because I've had to watch them over and over (like Toy Story).

*goes back to see what the other questions were*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »

I LOVE that video and I Love Duran Duran lol

I finally remembered some random facts!

* In the original version of Mel's Tree before my computer crashed and I started all over again, the entire story was told from Mel's POV. She wasn't the one who dies in the OF. It was actually the dad who kills himself. Other random fact for this one, AJ's character was a girl lol When I decided to go fanfic on it, Mel's character morphed into Howie's, AJ became a man and Mel kicked the bucket! lmao

*I originally had Nick die at the end of Mizpah but changed my mind lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »

Holy crap I just had to catch up on like 7 pages.

I don't know if I have any really random facts. OH, here's one.

I plotted out the idea of Satin and Silk while doing a cancer fundraiser 13K run. I was trying to keep my mind off the fact that I was likely inches away from death and I was still using a discman at the time so needless to say I had no music to keep me company so I started at the prologue and mentally pictured the entire story. By the time I got to the last chapter in my head I was finished.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:15:00 AM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »

Those are interesting facts!

After showering, walking is my favorite way to work on story plots too.  (Walking, not running LOL.)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »

Walking is definitely one of my favourite ways to plot out stories too! Although, in my 40 minute long walk to work every morning, I find I'll get an idea... annnd then I have to work for the whole day. lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »

Well in the original version of FYO I had Valerie drugging Nick to the point he didn't know what was going on and she was going through with her plan to marry him. He had a vivid dream about being pushed into a coffin and buried alive when Brian finds him passed out on the floor, suffering from a drug overdose. Valerie finds out that Brian knows what she's doing...ties him and Kevin up and sets the house on fire.

The original version was totally insane.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »

I am not a fan of walking. I am a fan of napping and sitting. lmao another random fact about me, i'm really a sloth! shhh! Don't tell anyone!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »

Well in the original version of FYO I had Valerie drugging Nick to the point he didn't know what was going on and she was going through with her plan to marry him. He had a vivid dream about being pushed into a coffin and buried alive when Brian finds him passed out on the floor, suffering from a drug overdose. Valerie finds out that Brian knows what she's doing...ties him and Kevin up and sets the house on fire.

The original version was totally insane.

Wow! Glad you changed your mind on that one lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »

My favorite way to come up with plots (this is kinda bad actually lol...) is usually when I'm not paying attention in class. I don't know why but I swear as soon as I'm done taking notes I end up flipping a few pages in my notebook and end up jotting down ideas.

At least I look busy lol. I'm that student who can take notes or hear a lecture and have it stick. So despite my attention span failing, I still get As no problem at least, otherwise this would get me in trouble LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

myconfession

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »

I usually come up with ideas while listening to music.  That's why a lot of my stories are named after songs (I tend to stay away from BSB titles.... I think that's just cheesy, except for "My Confession" but that's because that song had a big part in the story and in a way, the story as a whole was the main character's 'confession').

Like right now... "She's Not You" was inspired by a mixture of Chris Brown's "She Ain't You" and Eric Church's "Springsteen."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33