Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87540 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:33 PM »

I totally read that wrong lmao. But I loved the April fools ones. There are just too many funny moments to mention but A Million Little Things has a lot of them!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

funny stuff?  My humor all lies in 00Carter though sometimes I think it is subtle that only I, or the other girls, gets.  

My favorite funny scene in 00Carter that I wrote was in Here Ye Be Pirates when Dr. Rough was daydreaming about placing an inside man at Himtak ... just the image of him laying on his bed with his ankles crossed.... maybe it was just humorous to me but I quite enjoyed writing that part.  I tend to not write the funny scenes though I think I add little bits of humor in my parts.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »

I totally read that wrong lmao. But I loved the April fools ones. There are just too many funny moments to mention but A Million Little Things has a lot of them!

See, that's an example of not remembering. I think i've said a few times. I don't remember that story at all! LOL Thanks though, at least I know some of it was funny! *roams around the thread naked*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »

funny stuff?  My humor all lies in 00Carter though sometimes I think it is subtle that only I, or the other girls, gets. 

My favorite funny scene in 00Carter that I wrote was in Here Ye Be Pirates when Dr. Rough was daydreaming about placing an inside man at Himtak ... just the image of him laying on his bed with his ankles crossed.... maybe it was just humorous to me but I quite enjoyed writing that part.  I tend to not write the funny scenes though I think I add little bits of humor in my parts.

LOL That part was funny - it made me laugh just reading your description of it and picturing him lying that way.  I have a feeling we crack each other up way more than we do anyone else, but that's okay.  That's the fun of a collaboration, I guess, you get to enjoy it from both sides of things.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »

I agree that we all probably laugh about the story more than the readers. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »

00Carter is one of those stories I'd seen on most recent a lot, never clicked on it because I wasn't sure...but one day I just went "what could be bad about a story where Nick's a secret agent?"

I'm so glad I decided to read it because its one of my favorites. I adore that story! It's hilarious and has some serious moments, but I laugh so hard at a lot of the jokes. I really enjoy it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »

Aww, thanks, Tracy!  To be honest, it's probably not a story I would ever click on either LOL; I wasn't even sure about writing it when Rose originally suggested it, but I'm glad I did.  It's not for everyone, but I love it.  I'm glad you gave it a try and found it worth reading!  We just started working on the next episode, so hopefully we'll have some updates before too long.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »

Julie, I just googled Shawn Ashmore and think he would make a great Brian.

I don't really know which is mine I would turn into a movie, maybe Save A Prayer with Channing Tatum playing Nick, Mark Wahlberg for Brian (they look a bit alike), James Franco for AJ and Jared Leto for Howie.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »

If I could make a movie out of a story? Hmmm maybe Not The Other Guy. I'm not sure who I would have act in it since the characters are 18 and by the end of it they are 21.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

For a complete opposite question from the one I asked last night, what are some of the funniest scenes or stories you have ever read or written?

I think maybe the funniest thing I've written is The Man With Two Brains where Howie grew another head, which turned out to be like an evil twin.  I think one of the funniest ones I've read (that I can think of right now) is Nick's Dirty Kicks by Steph.

Do you have any favorite lines you've written/read or scenes you've written/read that stand out in your mind?

I'm sure there are many scenes/stories I've read that have had my laughing out loud, but I can't think right now.

Do you tend to write a lot of comedic scenes and read a lot of comedies in general?

I don't think I write much comedy, and I don't really read a lot of comedy either, but that doesn't mean I don't like it or wouldn't read it :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Aww thanks Steph! Oh Nick's Dirty Kicks. I don't think I'll ever write anything weirder than that lol

For a complete opposite question from the one I asked last night, what are some of the funniest scenes or stories you have ever read or written?

The funniest thing I think I've written is probably Nick's Dirty Kicks. As for the funniest thing I've read? That story Tracy wrote about Nick being a gyno was pretty funny, where Kevin was his cat LMAO. Also Mare's AJ one-shot in her Scattered Pictures collection was amazing. Oh and also the story Tracy wrote with the reference to AJ doing a Nick showering bomb haha.

Wow I suck at remembering the titles for things but yeah. Those were all very funny!

Do you have any favorite lines you've written/read or scenes you've written/read that stand out in your mind?

Yeah, Brian being dragged away as he's like "I need to eat them! They look so delicious!" Every time I have gone back and re-read that story I always laugh at that line.

Also AJ in Mare's story while Kevin takes a photo of the cake and him thinking "He has no idea what the fans want to see!" lmao.

Do you tend to write a lot of comedic scenes and read a lot of comedies in general?

Yeah, even though I write a lot of angst I like to add some comic relief. And I'm always up for reading a comedy!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »

Julie, I just googled Shawn Ashmore and think he would make a great Brian.

I don't really know which is mine I would turn into a movie, maybe Save A Prayer with Channing Tatum playing Nick, Mark Wahlberg for Brian (they look a bit alike), James Franco for AJ and Jared Leto for Howie.

Isn't he cute?  He's not that well known, but I heart him.

I've always thought Mark Wahlberg looked a bit like Brian too.  Brian's hotter though!  Who would play Jordan? LOL
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »

Isn't he cute?  He's not that well known, but I heart him.

I've always thought Mark Wahlberg looked a bit like Brian too.  Brian's hotter though!  Who would play Jordan? LOL

Yes, Brian is hotter than Mark.  Hmm, for Jordan what about Zachary Quinto?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »

See, my memory is crap! How could I forget AJ and his instagram photos and bombs in Mare's story.  I was laughing at that chapter :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »

Hmmmm I suck cause I can't think of any specific ones at the time. I know reading Life According to Baylee there were a few funny scenes. Also AJ was funny in Figured You Out.

Ugh...I can't think of any right now.

I tend to throw in a scene or two with something funny. Usually it's AJ who makes the funny comments or things. The only story with a lot of comedy I've written has been Just One Kiss.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33