Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87568 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

Awww thanks for the mentions guys! I loved Nick as a gyno. I cracked up at his cat being named Kevin.

Erika, I also loved AJ in FYO, he was fun as comic relief. I liked when he and Rochelle needed "private time". Which reminds me, he's always looking for condoms in my stories and bumming them from Nick!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »

Awww thanks for the mentions guys! I loved Nick as a gyno. I cracked up at his cat being named Kevin.

Erika, I also loved AJ in FYO, he was fun as comic relief. I liked when he and Rochelle needed "private time". Which reminds me, he's always looking for condoms in my stories and bumming them from Nick!
That's exactly the part I was talking about. I just coulnd't remember his exact words. "Private time" LMAO!!!

A funny scene of my own stories would be in Just One Kiss when Nick gets poison oak on his private for being a moron. lol. Or when he's walking around with a tea cup dog and he feels like he's lost his manhood. LOL!

In Fight Me it would be when Nick wants to teach Max a lesson and he puts her to fight against a well known fighter and as soon as she walks in he flags her down changing his mind, but she's already knocked out. LOL!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »

Does anyone have a question for today?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »

how about this: When did everyone get started in fanfic? Were you more of a writer or a reader, and how much has that changed since then?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »

And again thanks for all the AJ mentions lol

I think two of my favorite scenes I've written are the scene in Foyr Santas Too Many where all the guys are putting together toys that Brian bought Baylee but Kevin can't even get the box open lol

And in Total Kaos 24/7 the photoshoot scene where the guy dresses Nick up like an angel.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »

how about this: When did everyone get started in fanfic? Were you more of a writer or a reader, and how much has that changed since then?

That is a good one! :)

I started as an avid reader for a while before I started to write. I don't remember the year but it was probably around 2001 or 2002? Thereabouts. It's been a long time lol

For a long time I was more a writer than a reader now I'd say it's about even. Write a little, read a little.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

Mare I loved the angel outfit! That was one of my favorite parts of that story, too bad I can't remember anything else!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »

Thanks, Tracy, that's all I really remember from that one as well lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »

I used to write fanfic in high school. 1999 was the year I started writing about BSB, even though I'd been a fan for 3 years already. I used to carry around notebooks. One day I was in the library and bored so I looked up BSB and found fanfic on the internet.

I was much more of a reader up until I joined FF.net as supergirl64, where my early version of Weird World was born. When they got rid of real person fics, I lost everything and stopped writing up until 3 years ago when I joined AC. I joined twitter about the same time as well. Now I'm more of a writer, but I do read a lot so I suppose it is about even.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »

When did they get rid of real person fic? Because around then was when I started writing. I had just started writing & posting Mizpah when they made that decision.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2012, 05:25:06 PM »

God. I can't even remember when it was. They gave us warning but at the time I had nowhere to put my work. I literally had to start from scratch when I began posting at AC.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »

When did they get rid of real person fic? Because around then was when I started writing. I had just started writing & posting Mizpah when they made that decision.

It was around 2001, I only remember cause I'd started my very first collaboration and we went to post it only to learn they banned RP fics. I was pissed lol. Especially since it was supposedly to do with copyright, um, yeah fanfic based on TV and books is more of a violation!

And now I shall backtrack and catch up on questions LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »

On the subject of the Boys dying lol, I'd go to their farewell shows if one of them was dying, only cause I know I'd regret it if I didn't. I'd be a mess, but I'd go.

Okay what has been your favorite memory of writing? I'm sure everyone has one of those...

00Carter I swear that collaboration even if it's not popular, which it's not, is so much fun lol. The random chats, the way it came to be based on a random thought I had. Everything about it is fun. That story just has a lot of good memories attached to it.

Felix Awards I've been part of those since the first one here and each one is a blast! They're different, creative, fun, and very interactive. I love being here for those. I love them whether I win or not :).

Song For The Undead This is always fun for me to write. This is the story, where I realized just how much the right collaboration partner counts LOL. It's fun, a lot of the ideas come from random places and there's a lot of morbid jokes passed between Julie and I. The idea yet again, came up from me latching on to a musing and Julie mentioning the word collab lmfao. I feel like some of my best writing is in there and it's just great having that story where I'm completely on the same wavelength as my partner in crime. :).

Remember Me This Way - This was just a great feeling because it was my first venture into medical/psychological angst. It was different for me and my favorite thing was really putting myself out there into what was for me unknown territory by myself. I'd tasted this sort of thing when I helped on Code Blue, but never delved into it completely my own. Everything about this story was new and that's why I loved writing it so much. It was great seeing people react to it and become what it was. :)

Yeah, I cheated :P.

The 00Carter chats are definitely entertaining and it's awesome how the ideas just blurt out from everyone.  And I have to give props to Rose for making sense of some of our random spew and forming the outlines as we go. 

LMAO thank you. That is NOT easy. :P

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

I have a question. 

If you could turn one of your stories into a movie, which would you chose and who would you like to act in it?  The reason I ask is that I often think Song For The Undead would be an awesome movie, with the zombies and all the survival stuff :)

Awww thank you!

Like Julie, I'd say it'd be better as a TV series, because of the way we broke up the story.

I have NO idea who we'd use for who lol. I know for Riley, I always had the image of Kristen Bell when I first created her. I don't know if that still fits though cause she's changed a lot throughout the story. Maybe Shane West as Nick, I could see that. The one I wouldn't want to swap at all though is Brian. I just can't see anyone else as him lol. 

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

For a complete opposite question from the one I asked last night, what are some of the funniest scenes or stories you have ever read or written?

Do you have any favorite lines you've written/read or scenes you've written/read that stand out in your mind?

Do you tend to write a lot of comedic scenes and read a lot of comedies in general?

I don't read comedies that often. Not that I don't like them, it's just not many people write them and write them well for that matter. I'm really picky with them LOL. A lot of the ones I like are old school, like Mig Witch Project LOL. (I'm sure Julie has the link for that somewhere). A couple of recent ones would be "Just One Kiss" or people's submissions for "1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter" and "Revenge of the Slaughtered". I see those as black humor which I tend to love LOL.

As for scenes I've written...prob ably this one where Kevin's doing the turtle dance and singing Carmen Sandiego in 00Carter LOL. Or where Nick accidentally sets off a machine gun bra and destroys half a laboratory in the same story LOL. Many of my humor scenes are usually in angsty stories though to try and lighten the mood.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33