Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78754 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:47 PM »

I do remember writing something funny in The Man With Two Brains, but I can't remember what :/ Maybe I'm going senile, lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »

In When I Grow Up there is a convo between AJ and Nick that goes "Nick you get pussy every night" and Nick (13 year old Nick in a 30 year old body) goes "That is a LOT of cats."

When Lauren does a strip tease for him, he squirms and says "put those away"

Nick looking at his body and going "THAT isn't mine"

So many funny moments in that story.

I have a lot from Jizzle of Oz as well.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

I try to put lots of lighter moments in my stories, and I'm sure I've written some funny things from Nick's POV, but I can't remember anything specific.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:03 PM »

Yeah same here. I do think my entire musical chapter in five BSBs was pretty funny lol but I can't site anything specific.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »

Guilty Pleasure?

I'd have to say 00Carter. It's definitely over the top and it's never gotten a lot of readers and it takes forever for us to get an update out. But, at the same time, I still love writing it. It's entertaining for me and I always laugh and enjoy planning it out. So yeah, I'd say that was it.

1. What are some of the stories you've written because they were something you would want to read?

"Here We Stand" is one. I love bromance stories, and this was before Mare got inspired lol. It is totally the story I'd love to read by her (though her take is different  :) ). Another one is "Song For The Undead". I love horror stories! And there's just not enough in fanfic anymore. If I wasn't writing it, it's definitely something I would love to read.

2. Have you ever actually gone back and read those stories, and if so, do you think you enjoyed them as much as you would have if you hadn't been the one who wrote them?

I've reread Undead at times so I can get into the mindset of writing it again. I actually enjoy it. Maybe it's because half of it isn't my writing. But I think I enjoy them a lot. If it was solely Julie who wrote it though, I might have liked it more because I wouldn't know what was going to happen.

3. Are there any stories you've written that you don't think you would read if someone else had written them?

I may not have read "Walked Out Of My Dreams" actually. I'm not sure. It's mainly Brian centered and it's definitely something I might have been iffy on. One I know for a fact I wouldn't have read was "Just Another Day". Definitely NOT something that's on my typical reading list LOL.

What are some of the silliest lines you've ever had your characters say?

I think it's funny. Mainly because as I wrote it I had to reread it like five times to make sure it made sense LOL. It's from RMTW.

“It’s unfair to them, and you know they’ll know I know, and they’ll wanna know why I know what Kevin knew and didn’t want me to know. So then they’ll bug you to tell me why I get to know what Kevin knows even though you didn’t want me to know, and that they should know whatever it is I know and Kevin knows and you know so that way we all know.” Brian replied in one very long breath, giving a cheesy smile.

Another one from RMTW... since I was trying to make sure I had some comic relief.

“Damn dude you still taste like hot sauce!” (After Nick licks Howie)

The two laughed as Nick put a slice of grapefruit on Brian’s head. “You look yummy by the way.”

“I’m magically delicious!”

My silliest definitely goes to...

It was those grapes!

Those fucking grapes!

That's all I can think of LOL. And thanks Steph for the grapes mention!

What about your favorite conversations? That made you laugh that you've written or someone else has?

Um... I'd have to think about full on conversations LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:04 PM »

Ok I went back to five BSBs looking for the musical chapter but landed on the slash one instead. There isn't s particular line thats funny & for anyone who hasn't read it, it's hard to explain so I'm just giving the link because I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Nick & Kevin thrust into a slash scene not by choice!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4359&chapter=4

I'm sure I think I'm funnier than I actually am. Do you guys find that? Someone saying omg you have to read this, it's Thr funniest thing I've ever read only to be like uh... That wasn't funny lol
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:06:37 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »

Usually if I'm trying to be funny, I will show Julie a scene on yahoo to ask her opinion. In fact I just did that last night with HWS. Then again we have the same sense of humor, so that may not help any...LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

I love 5 BSBs in Search Of A Plot lmfao. I found the whole thing hilarious, if that helps Mare.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »

LOL I loved 5 BSBs in search of a plot. I loved how Howie gets sick and then an ominous voice says "wait Nick is the one who gets sick" and Nick thinks the tree is talking *dies*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »

Thanks guys. I just reread the medical chapter! With dr. Lewis, dr. Kristoff dr. Jenkins and Jennifer the intern all fighting over what kind of cancer Nick has lmao I am funny!

I miss my M's lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

^ Love! LOL

I will have to think about the funniest lines/conversations question.  I'm not good at remembering stuff like that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

Asked this on twitter and Mare said it'd be good here!

So, do you guys think that stories with a banner get read more than a story without a banner? I know for me personally, I never make banners for my one-shots, and they still get read. But I'm wondering what you guys have experienced?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »

So, do you guys think that stories with a banner get read more than a story without a banner? I know for me personally, I never make banners for my one-shots, and they still get read. But I'm wondering what you guys have experienced?

I never make banners for my one-shots (except for the grape story where it was required lol) these days and they still get read as often as my stories with banners. I really don't think they make that great a difference. When it comes to reading, I always look at the summary. Is it grammatically correct, does it make sense, and does it sound interesting - those are what I consider.

The banner (which I always enjoy making) is just something pretty to look at LOL.

The only thing that a banner can do to deter me is if it has the author's picture in there. Because that's so shameless that I can't even consider reading it LOL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:04 PM »

The banner question

As a reader, I never have clicked on a story because of the banner EVER! I do have to say I have stayed away from quite a few stories because of them. The summary is what I look at but if you are clogging that summary with an over the top banner that I can tell you spent too much time on, in my mind it's more important then your actually story so I don't even bother to read the summary.  That's me though lol 

As a writer, I haven't used banners for a really long time now and I have a good amount of readers. Would there be more if I had a banner? Probably, but again if someone is only going to click on my story because it looks pretty, I'm not sure they'd enjoy what I have to offer LOL

A good story should speak for itself without the aide of banners or character lists or fireworks or whatever else! That's why I do not allow them in any of my challenges! LOL

I think a great challenge for everyone would be to post a novel without a banner! Not just a one shot but an entire novel! To see if it actually does make a difference! I like that challenge very much!!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »

I wouldn't be able to do that challenge anytime soon :P. I'm determined to finish my current novellas before going into something new LOL.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35