Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78813 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »

So which one would you choose?

As weird as this sounds, the story that I wish I was known for none of you have read.

It's been sitting unfinished (ironically with the exact same amount of chapters as History Repeating) on my computer for about a year.

That's the story I wish I was known for because I was really loving writing it while I was writing.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

Well then we'll be looking forward to eventually reading it one day lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »

I think I'm known for Running Up That Hill and I'm okay with that. I enjoy writing that story when I actually sit down to write it, lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »

I guess I'm known for Figured You Out and I'm okay with that. I am really proud of that story :)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »

I think stories become popular for a mixture of reasons.  I partially think the author may pull some readers in because people have enjoyed stories from them in the past but it's their writing and the plot that will keep the readers there.  The genre (yes I went there) also adds to how a story is received.  Simply because more people in the fandom read drama and or romance.  Also word of mouth, from other people.  Word of mouth does A LOT to spread a stories name around and get it read.  Twilight and 50 Shades are a couple of examples, I heard about these from other people before I saw anything about them anywhere in the media, or I didn't pay attention to anything I saw/heard about it until other people were talking about them.  

As for what I'm known for
Chronos Project... cause I talked about it a lot  I'm fine with being known for it but I'd love to be known for Wulf's Bane.   Even though it's not finished and I haven't worked on it for a few years I still think those 13 chapters are some of the best I've written.  It's a massive crossover though so I understand it not being read but I loved working on it and I should finish it since the OF version of that is really on the backburner.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »

I guess I'm known for Figured You Out and I'm okay with that. I am really proud of that story :)

As you should be Tracy!! That is a great story! :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »

Stockholm Syndrome is one I think of when I think of you :)

I've not read Hawk & Handsaw, I know you for Stockholm Syndrome too. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »

I didn't read Stockholm Syndrome but when I see Julilly I think of Hawk and a Handsaw bwc I really liked that one.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »

Is Wolf's Bane on AC Lore?

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »

I've not read Hawk & Handsaw, I know you for Stockholm Syndrome too. 

That's so interesting, I never really thought many people had read that one. Awesome though, thanks!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »

Is Wolf's Bane on AC Lore?

Yup, it sure is.  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2619   LOL video game crossover with some book characters too.  *sigh* love it.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »

Genre may help a little, but I feel like not as much as people think. There's plenty of romances that have little to no reviews because of how it's written. On that same end, I have a horror/au that has about 600 reviews. Its my highest reviewed story. Julie and I expected Undead to be unpopular because of the genre, and it's not. I'd like to think it's because it's well written and thanks to word of mouth :).
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »

I see people talking about AC stories in my twitter timeline, there are people who ask for story suggestions and I refer them to some.

Rose I saw a nice comment from someone that said your AJ one shot made them tear up. I see stuff about It Stays With You also. There definitely is a word of mouth for fanfics, twitter is living proof.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »

Yup, it sure is.  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2619   LOL video game crossover with some book characters too.  *sigh* love it. 

I will have to give it a go, probably tomorrow as I'm about to watch Supernatural now :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »

Genre may help a little, but I feel like not as much as people think. There's plenty of romances that have little to no reviews because of how it's written. On that same end, I have a horror/au that has about 600 reviews. Its my highest reviewed story. Julie and I expected Undead to be unpopular because of the genre, and it's not. I'd like to think it's because it's well written and thanks to word of mouth :).

I remember clicking on Undead when it was first posted.  I was new here and liked the summary, I hadn't read anything else by you or Julie at the time, and of course, in the beginning we didn't know it was going to be zombies :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35