Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78768 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

That should say "reading pet peeves" not "writing"

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »

I hate it when authors don't respond to reviews, but what gets to me more than that is when they respond to certain people and ignore the rest.  It doesn't take long to write a simple "thanks for reading" to show that their review is as valued as the rest.  That's my opinion anyway!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »

My writing pet peeves?

When the author doesn't finish a story and starts a new one instead

THIS as well!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »

I hate it when authors don't respond to reviews, but what gets to me more than that is when they respond to certain people and ignore the rest.  It doesn't take long to write a simple "thanks for reading" to show that their review is as valued as the rest.  That's my opinion anyway!

Yes!! Irks me to NO end!!! NO END!!!! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2012, 05:10:39 PM »

It takes me forever to respond on my phone but i agree with everything you guys said!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

I will openly admit I've done things that I'm annoyed by lmao not that it makes sense or not.

I also agree with Steph, I don't like when people answer only certain reviews. It makes me want to read less and I lose interest in it.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »

Wow is the question threads over? Well in case it's not here is a question.

Since I saw all the talk about collabs I thought about a question. Has there ever been someone you wanted to collab with, but you never had the nerve to tell them? Has someone asked you to collab, but you declined because you thought your writing styles were different?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »

Nope, the threads not dead, I'm just busy with back to school stuff. Remember guys just feel free to post your questions in here! :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »

Wow is the question threads over? Well in case it's not here is a question.

Since I saw all the talk about collabs I thought about a question. Has there ever been someone you wanted to collab with, but you never had the nerve to tell them? Has someone asked you to collab, but you declined because you thought your writing styles were different?

I've always been pretty bold when it came to going for a collab lol. If I wanted to write with someone and thought it would actually work, I tried to tell them. I mean I was nervous as I did it sometimes, but I never really ever got turned down so I guess my method worked! LOL. I was really nervous when I first signed on to do Code Blue, because Julie was one of the well known writers at that point and I wasn't. I ranked her right up there with Mare and Chaos. I just wanted her to like my writing :P.

Clearly that's not an issue as geeze...I think it's a little over six years later and we're still writing together LOL. Holy shit, I hadn't realized it'd been that long.

I've had people ask to collaborate with me before, back when I was a major collab whore. And I turned plenty of them down because I figured we wouldn't mesh. Sometimes, it was because they didn't know the basics and I have NO patience in going over that with people LOL. It's not an easy thing to do, and I'll admit I lied and said I was too busy with my own stories.

It's amazing I collaborated as much as I did, seeing as my partners always went poof on me. Julie's the first one who hasn't LOL.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

The only reason I was afraid to ask people to collab with me was because I've had people flake out on me and one person hardly gave me anything to write off of so I felt I was writing the whole plot and then their chapter would change what I had in mind and it went to pot!   I avoided collabs until 00Carter. 

As for smaller collabs, it's not that I've been afraid to approach an author, I just want to find authors that I think I would mesh with.  I want to find someone whose style isn't so completely different than mine that the story just wouldn't work.  And I wanted to find people that I got along with outside of fanfiction so that I knew we'd be able to chat and plan for the story and not dread talking to each other. :) 

I don't think I've had anyone ask to collab with me that I turned down, I might have but I would have said what Rose did, that I was busy focusing on the stories I had going on at the moment. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »

That's one thing with collabs, outlines are essential cause otherwise they can write something so off the wall from what you had in mind. Could you imagine 00Carter without the outlines?

Unless your partner shares a brain with you, then you should be okay LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

I've been wanting to do a collab for a while, I just am too shy to ask. I would love to one day though if anyone is interested.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »

I have a terrible writing style for collabs with all the jumping around in storylines that I do! I'm sure it would drive a collaborator nuts!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »

00Varter w/o outlines would be a nightmare indeed.

I don't think some of my plots would lend well to collaborations . I keep so much hidden and know where and when I want little details to slip out with someone esle's brain in the mix it would be much more difficult for some of my plots.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »

Back when I first started writing I did collabs (or collages if you ask my autocorrect) but I don't now for obvious reasons - no one would be willing to wait 6 months for the nex chapter lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35