Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78813 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »

What if anything do you feel most guilty about when it comes to one of your stories or something you read? Give us one big confession about something concerning fanfic?

I feel super guilty about how sporadic my updates for Running Up That Hill are. I'll write like three chapters, post them all days apart from each other, and then forget about it for a month or so (or even longer)... rinse and repeat... ugh. I really want to finish it soon because I've been working on it for nearly two years and want to move on to something fresh.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

I used to feel guilty for dropping the ball on my story Scars Run Deep and Wide for as long as I did, but in the end I did finish it. I feel a tad bit guilty for saying there would be one more story for Scattered Pictures where as now I'm thinking that probably will not happen.

Reading wise, I don't really have a lot of guilt. I know I'm picky and sometimes maybe I feel bad about not giving some stories more of a try, but I do try to get into a fair share before clicking out. Once I do commit, I feel like I'm a pretty good reader/reviewer.

A few confessions of mine: If a chapter is really long and wordy, I tend to skim to just the dialogue to get an idea of what's happening lol

I always look at people's reviews before I read their story. Not even to see what people are saying but to see if they bother to respond. If they don't, I'll skip the story.

I also look and see who is reviewing a story and if it's a bunch of names that I know do not like the same things I do, I tend to take that into consideration.

Again, I rarely read the actual reviews though because I don't want to know the plot before I read the story lol I'm so weird!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »

I don't have a question for today, Anyone else?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »

Are there any subjects or storylines you avoid writing?  If so, which ones and why?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »

I typically avoid writing medical stories.  I know I have one now and it's killing me to continue to write because I am not as familiar with those types of stories.  I don't write "real world" stories with as much ease as other writers and I find it difficult to write something where the characters won't spontaniously fly through space and time or have to fight men in suits but wonder why they know how to fight in the first place.  It's just not the kind of fiction I can write and I applaud all the ladies that pull these kinds of stories off with what appears to be such ease. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

I try to avoid killing the boys or writing overly gory scenes. I also avoid sex scenes and romance because I am just terrible at it lol

I don't see myself writing medical dramas either because of all the research it would take. I could never write stuff like you can, Lore. All those creative worlds etc...

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:52 PM »

I try to avoid killing the boys or writing overly gory scenes. I also avoid sex scenes and romance because I am just terrible at it lol

I don't see myself writing medical dramas either because of all the research it would take. I could never write stuff like you can, Lore. All those creative worlds etc...

aw I thought the world you took the boys to in Whatever the Night was very creative!! :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:49 PM »

I don't know if there's anything I actively avoid writing, but I do find the medical stuff really difficult. Any time I have a scene in a hospital even I have a hard time with it just because I don't have the patience to do all the research on it because I'm not all that interested in it, but I still want to make it seem real. I try to keep my characters out of hospitals and from getting sick but sometimes it can't be avoided.

I'm not sure there's anything I really actively avoid other than that. I sometimes do a fade to black if I don't feel like writing a sex scene. Mostly because I am lazy and I suck at writing them.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »

Thanks! I guess I don't really look at that as an original world, just a little off-ish lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2012, 10:25:35 PM »

Fade to black, I like that lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »

I'm not sure there's anything I really actively avoid other than that. I sometimes do a fade to black if I don't feel like writing a sex scene. Mostly because I am lazy and I suck at writing them.

I'll do that too usually.  I'll close the door, or leave them as they lay back on the bed and then poof next chapter/scene in which the characters are waking up next to each other with that morning after glow... LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »

I tend to avoid straight up romance. I tried it and it was a good experiment as it helped me grow as a writer, but I find writing it doesn't capture me. Undead has the most romance I've written in ages. I find I'm a LOT better at it when its a subplot to something bigger - like a zombie apocalypse LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »

I tend to avoid straight up romance. I tried it and it was a good experiment as it helped me grow as a writer, but I find writing it doesn't capture me. Undead has the most romance I've written in ages. I find I'm a LOT better at it when its a subplot to something bigger - like a zombie apocalypse LOL.

I am better at it when it's a subplot too.  When I write straight up romance I have a hard time figuring out what to do with the characters between the little glances and touches but if they are hunting down a rogue time agent, well... you get the point.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

Right. I feel like its best as a subplot cause it adds more then.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »

OT: I want a creative AV
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35