Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78751 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »

Maybe the thing I actively avoid is writing a story without any romance at all, actually! It's interesting to me that you guys say you love it as a subplot, where it's easiest for me as the main plot. I love writing the slow build up of a relationship between two characters and all the awkward little moments.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »

I can't seem to keep a love interest alive or nice. They either die or turn evil lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »

oh I can do the slow build up and little glances/touches that lead them to it.  I just like to have it as the side plot, something that happens along side the main story.  Chronos Project it was really more than the side plot though, it kind of spurred the rest of the plot too.  So what is that then? side plot? dual plots?  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »

I can't seem to keep a love interest alive or nice. They either die or turn evil lmao

I have a hard time killing off my love interests when I have planned to do so, they always seem to stay alive! lol opposites.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »

^ just hand them over to me for a few hours. I can kill any female lead pretty quickly. I'm also pretty good at killing plants too. Just an FYI lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »

LOL I like killing characters,  its fun.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2012, 05:34:42 AM »

I don't mind killing fake people or the misc... People that come with the boys but the actual boys themselves, I like to keep alive. Besides, it's hard to have them bromancing if one of them is dead lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2012, 06:31:35 AM »

On the subject of romance:  I love romance as a subplot.  I would say at least half of my novels, if not most, include a couple or some kind of romantic storyline.  It's just not usually the MAIN plot; there's usually something else, like a terminal illness or a mystery to solve or zombies, that takes center stage while the love story develops on the side.

You all know I love writing medical stuff and killing people.  What I don't enjoy writing is the music business stuff, but it's kind of a necessity at times in our fandom, unless you only write AU.  I just don't feel like I know very much about the business side of things and find that harder to research in order to write it realistically.  I'm also not comfortable writing fantasy, where you have to create your own world and laws for that world that made sense.  I admire people who have the creativity to do that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »

There isn't anything I'd avoid writing, I'm quite open to giving anything a go.  Not saying it would be any good, but I'd try.  Like with sex scenes, I'm not happy about writing them as they are never realistic and kind of make me cringe, but I've written them in the past.

Oh, I try to avoid writing the real wives/girlfriends and kids as I don't like to bring them into the story.  I know it sounds weird, but I just don't feel comfortable writing about them and prefer to write made up ones.  That way I won't feel bad if I kill them off or make them out to be a real bitch.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

have you ever been nervous to see how readers will react to a certain chapter? or information revealed in a chapter?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

myconfession

« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

I don't know why, but I'm comfortable with writing sex scenes. That might make me a freak or something, but *shrugs* It's human nature.

I don't really like writing real wives and girlfriends either and if I do, it's usually for a reason, like with Leighanne in "The Story of Us" series (specifically in "Ours").

I don't particularly care for gore either, which is why I'm not into horror movies and why I don't read them. Drama? Sure.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #416 on: August 27, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »

I don't like writing wives or kids unless it is AU and I can make up my own. I avoid writing real life family/relationships as much as possible.

I also am not comfortable writing sex scenes that are heavily detailed, like a visual. I am not sure why, but I just can't. If I do include a sex scene it is a fast scene with little details.
I also avoid writing Nick's family. I always make his mother a bitch when I do. Like in Finding Carter I found it better to make Kevin Nick's guardian than include the Carters. That's why I love AU, you can change all that :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »

I don't know why, but I'm comfortable with writing sex scenes. That might make me a freak or something, but *shrugs* It's human nature.

No, it doesn't make you a freak or anything like that.  I think we all have stuff we're comfortable writing and things we're not so comfy with.  I don't mind reading it though, if I'm liking the story :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #418 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »

In response to Lore's question, yes there's been several times where I'm so excited and nervous to see people's reactions to an update lol. The anticipation sometimes makes me frustrated. That's one of my faults, sometimes I am impatient when it comes to my writing.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #419 on: August 27, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »

You ARE a freak! ... lol we all know what YOU like ;)   lol...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35