Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78769 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2012, 09:03:29 AM »

^ Steph you are special. :)   

I can't say I've had a Klondike bar.  I LOVE ice cream bars though and ice cream sandwiches.  I like the ice cream sandwiches with chocolate chip ice cream in the middle. YUM!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Ice cream is messy okay lol not my fault they make it all melty! When it's in a bowl I can deal but in cone form... forget it.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »

My favorite is mango ice cream. I love how we all are talking about ice cream now.

As for a fanfic related question...

Has there ever been a story where you've read it and went "Damn, wish I'd thought of that one."?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #453 on: August 31, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »

I'm not a big ice cream eater, unless it's got chocolate in it, like Phish Food Ben & Jerry's, or Magnum.  Oh, and I like mint choc chip too :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #454 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »

My favorite is mango ice cream. I love how we all are talking about ice cream now.

Has there ever been a story where you've read it and went "Damn, wish I'd thought of that one."?

Maybe not wished I'd thought of it, but there are stories where I think "wow, I wish I could write like that".

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #455 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »

There's been lots of times where I've wished I could write as well as a lot of my favorites. I got my own style and I'm happy with it, I just feel they got something that I don't have lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #456 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »

Yeah, I'm happy enough with my own writing too, just some stories make me think "awesome".

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #457 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »

^I feel that way too a lot of the time.

I don't know that there's any story I wish i had come up with. Usually if there's a story I really love I'm happy I get to read it instead of having to work to write it lol. I guess I sort of want to write a story about that cake in London but there's already two about it so its on the backburner for now haha.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #458 on: August 31, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

there have definitely been plots that I've been jealous of others for thinking of and not myself.  Definitely thought that when Ritz started her story... and Reb, I only WISH I could have thought of her angel story... I wish she'd come back and write it, wait I wish BOTH of those girls would come back and write. :) 

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #459 on: August 31, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »

I'm so not into those Klondike bars. I saw when I was in the states though that they had ice cream sandwiches that were basically two chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in the middle. Nom.

Yeah I dunno. I have nothing interesting to add about fanfic lol

They have those at Superstore. PC brand. Even ones with peanut butter iced cream.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

I haven't really felt that way about fanfics. I have about a few books like the Book Theif & I wish I had come up with Once Upon a Time!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »

They have those at Superstore. PC brand. Even ones with peanut butter iced cream.

Totally going there to pick up some of that deliciousness.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

I've definitely felt that way about fanfics before... both "I wish I had thought of that!" and "I wish I could write that way!"'

And I wish I had come up with Once Upon a Time too, Mare!  It's such a creative concept and, yet, not that out there - it's like a fractured fairy tale.  Why couldn't I have come up with that?? LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »

I just kind of stole this from Steph's thread lol

What character of yours do you most identify with? It can be from any story you've written. And why were they so personal to you?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #464 on: September 01, 2012, 08:34:19 PM »

I definitely identify with Camille from Left and Leaving the most, and that's basically because she's me. As I've stated before I largely based that story off of my own life, with Nick being the uncaring boyfriend who just moved away for work without a second thought, and then having his best friend like her and pull some pretty dick moves... yeah. I really identified with her, lol obviously. But I do think it was a good thing because I think when I put myself and my personal experiences into my stories they turn out a lot better. I guess it's because of the attachment and the raw emotion that I get from having dealt with what my characters are dealing with.

~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35