Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 7  (Read 47312 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 7
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »

The Harry Potter books would be good as fanfics.  I would have Nick as Harry, AJ as Ron, Howie as Hermione, Brian as Dumbledore and Kevin as Snape, LOL.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »

LOL I agree with you, Steph! Back when Kevin had the long hair he totally looked a bit like snape. I think Nick would make a good Harry as well.

For me if I put them in the star wars novels I've read:

Brian as Luke, Nick as Han Solo, Kevin as Obi Wan, AJ as Chewbacca, and Howie could be Yoda.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »

Good choices!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »

Haha Kevin as Snape is excellent! I like all the Star Wars roles too, Tracy!

I don't know who I'd pick, because most of the books I've read are really female-centric. I could see Nick in the role of Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl haha - womanizing, but deeply insecure.

or

Nick as Serena from Gossip Girl, trying to turn his life around from drugs and partying and Howie as Blair - his high class old friend who feels threatened now that Nick's back. Haha!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »

I'd love to see a BSB version of the Five People You Meet in Heaven.

I can see Nick is Malfoy in Harry Potter but I agree about Kevin. I think he would make a most awesome Snape!

From The Dark Tower, I could see Kevin as Rowland, Nick as Jake, and maybe AJ as the girl with no legs and isn't there another guy? I can't remember his name but he would be Howie!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »

Have you ever watched a show, movie or read a book that reminded you of someone's fanfic or of one of your own?

The whole 11/22/63 thing is what sparked this question. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »

I really love Nick as malfoy too lmao.

TV shows? The Walking Dead sooo reminds me of Song For The Undead. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »

Thanks, Tracy!  And yes Mare, the end of 11/22/63 so reminded me of Whatever the Night May Bring.

Castle sometimes reminds me of 00Carter, the way he acts so silly and gets on people's nerves, but always saves the day by helping crack the case.

There may be other examples, but I can't think of any right now - more often, people's fanfics remind me of movies/shows/books.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »

When you get a new idea for a fanfic, do you like to share it with someone or save it as a big surprise? Have you ever waited a little too long to post something that you thought was an incredibly original idea only to see that someone else suddenly posts an idea similar to yours before you get to? Would you scrap the idea or still go ahead and do it even if it meant people might think you were copying?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »

it really depends on the fanfic that I get an idea for.  There are some I talk to people about and others I keep to myself for the surprise factor.  I like to surprise people but I will chat about it if I'm not completely sure of something before I write/post.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

I can't keep any of my ideas to myself, I always have to tell someone and I often I'll write the first chapter of a story idea I have to get it out of my brain. If I'm still excited about it after writing out the first chapter then I know it's something I'll probably continue with.

Hannah's story Love Will Keep You Up All Night was similar to an idea I had in passing but never did anything with. I'm just content to read her story now instead of writing my own - less work for me! And her story's really good :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »

That is a good question!  I will be back later to answer it, but first, before I lose my train of thought, I have something else to add.

We all have disclaimers on our sites/stories, stating that they are only fan fiction and, thus, not true and not written by the Backstreet Boys or anyone associated with the Backstreet Boys.  I have always thought those disclaimers were stupid and pointless, but I've had one at the bottom of my site for as long as I can remember just because everyone else did.  I never really thought it was necessary.

Well, apparently they are, because I got the following email today, with the subject "your story."  This is all the email said:

It took me days to read it and I thought it was true. I wasn't disappointed it was fiction, I was upset I didn't know it from the start. I found the story accidentally and thought he was writing about actually having it. But when I got to part where he chooses not to go thru treatment second time I suspected something. I can't believe he agreed to let someone write such a real story and he wasn't sick. Too sad when we make up stories about people when there are real people dying no one rights about.

It took some inferring on my part, due to the overuse of pronouns and lack of names or titles, but I'm pretty sure this is about Curtain Call and this person being upset over discovering that Curtain Call is not actually a true story written by Nick Carter, as told to Julie Lewis.

Um... really???  LOL  I'll take it as a compliment that my story was apparently realistic enough to be believable as some kind of memoir, but again... REALLY?!?!?!

Has this happened to anyone else? LOL  I used to get emails asking if I was Brian's mom because of a short story I wrote in her POV, but this is a new one!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »

When I get a new idea for a story, I will share because I don't expect anyone to take it, plus I like to see their opinion on how good the idea is or not.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »

LMAO!!! Oh my! I bet that made your day, Julie! Just the use of right instead of write alone....

I have had more than a few people think I was Nick when I first started. During the time I was writing Why, I was asked about a dozen different times if I was working with the guys in some capacity and just claiming it was fiction. lol I take all that stuff as compliments.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »

Wow... that email. How can people not realize it was fiction? Also this "Too sad when we make up stories about people when there are real people dying no one rights about."

Besides the obvious grammar error (lol) what is this person on about? Have they never heard of published books or movies? People make up stories about fictional characters dying all the time. Also how can they not realize this wasn't true? One Google search on American Idol season 9 will tell you that there was no contestant name Cary Hilst.

Bahaha.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19