Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Why can't the stars go away?  (Read 43047 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Why can't the stars go away?
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »

:D Well... Nick and all of them like pizza. Ahhh.... True romance. :D

I think that's considered beastiality... . Totally different from slash. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »

Just no slash please because turtle on BSB action would just be soooo wrong! lol Ewww!

No worries gal - I'd never in a million years would've ever thought of that. A-rok action, yeah - but not TMNT/BSB action - just, Yick! How the Hell would you get in on with a turtle - if you're also a male? *raises eyebrows* I don't think I even wanna know.

BSB was actually TMNT in the story - & one of them was even Master Splinter - lol. They had their own names, but they were mutant turtles & a mutant rat. And I even made Lou Pearlman Shredder! Though, I have to say = Poor Shredder! Lol.

~Lenni~

P.S. Wrote a new fic! MY muse is half back! http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8462
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2007, 10:45:43 AM »

LMAO you girls and your BSB/ Ninja Turtle conversation. I dunno... Nick and Micheangelo? Might be true love! J/k

And now you got me all paranoid about the stars lol. Quarter Life Crisis just went down to 4 1/2 stars and it hasn't been updated in awhile or even had feedback recently, so that tells me someone rated it, but didn't even bother to tell me WHY they gave it less than a ten. And I just noticed my last UMS chapter only got 4 1/2 stars, but there was no negative feedback at all. You girs have created a monster lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »

See?  The stars are horribly scary! :(

People leave meaness without a thought.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »

I know it's frustrating. Like I said I want to just start calling these people out! Although if it makes you feel better the person who lowered yours only moved you to a 9. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »

Happily Never After wasn't even up TEN minutes & already I was down to 4 &1/2 stars all because the reviewer figured the boy 'Baylee' in my story was Baylee Littrell, when he wasn't. And because she could never picture 'Baylee [Littrell]' as a mean person. *rolls eyes*

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »

I know it's frustrating. Like I said I want to just start calling these people out! Although if it makes you feel better the person who lowered yours only moved you to a 9. lol

I dunno if that makes me feel better lol. What's the difference between a 9 and a 10? Or is it just the principle of nobody is perfect so nobody gets a ten?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2007, 09:32:23 PM »

^ When you lower someone's stars you can give them anywhere from a 10 to a 0. So a 9 isn't that bad. When I see a 9 or even an 8 I don't think it's malicious. I think maybe those people just are under the assumption that no one is perfect yada yada yada. Anything under an 8 without an explanation though is just ridiculous especially if the actual review says great things. All it takes is a 9 though to lower you from five stars to four and a half. If you only have one review you will go down to four stars for an 8.

I know...I suffer from star infatuation lol :(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2007, 11:09:31 PM »

I think it's because you can actually see who lowers them, Mare.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2007, 04:52:12 AM »

This might be true lol but I was kind of obsessed with it before that too! I only just realized recently I could actually see who it was.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2007, 06:10:04 AM »

This might be true lol but I was kind of obsessed with it before that too! I only just realized recently I could actually see who it was.

I have a thing when it comes to it too. Cause then I wonder who might've done it lol. Cause well, Nick's Turn, that one was more obvious cause at least that one came with a review from the person who did it to y'all lol. A misleading "good" one, but one nonetheless lol. JAD didn't and it kinda just irks me lol. Even though it shouldn't lol. Same with I Remember. I think the rating should suit the review and that everyone should be able to see who left what rating lol. Maybe then we wouldn't have the drive-by bad rating person/people lol. Can Ash do anything about making it so we can see who rates what even if we're not all cool like Mare?  ;) lol.

/end mini rant lol. 
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2007, 07:25:25 AM »

LOL I know it's hard to be as cool as me!

Like I said I don't mind letting you guys know who ranked you what but I don't know if i'm violating some kind of law doing so, lmao likethe law of stupid people or something. What I want to do is make some kind of announcement in the news section saying starting today if an author asks for the person who lowered their rank I will let them know but the problem with that is, then they can just do it anonymously or lower it without even leaving a review. I can't tell when someone does that.

I know for my newest short story someone lowered my stars to a 6 for no reason other than so I wouldn't have a 10 lmao How do I know this? Because I know this person although I don't think she's aware that I am able to see that!

I'm glad i'm not alone with the disliking of the ratings system. I mean I think a ratings system is a good idea but only if it's done fairly and in this case I don't think it is but like i've said a ton of times I don't think I have access to the part of the site that would change that so hopefully Ash is reading all of this stuff and maybe he will rework that part of the site. At least maybe make it not possible to just leave ratings or anonymous reviews.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »

I have a thing when it comes to it too. Cause then I wonder who might've done it lol. Cause well, Nick's Turn, that one was more obvious cause at least that one came with a review from the person who did it to y'all lol. A misleading "good" one, but one nonetheless lol. JAD didn't and it kinda just irks me lol. Even though it shouldn't lol. Same with I Remember. I think the rating should suit the review and that everyone should be able to see who left what rating lol. Maybe then we wouldn't have the drive-by bad rating person/people lol. Can Ash do anything about making it so we can see who rates what even if we're not all cool like Mare?  ;) lol.

/end mini rant lol. 

Okay so JAD I can tell you that sometimes when someone reviews without logging in, instead of the stars being automatically set to ten they are set to none and in your last chapter I think that's what happened. The first chapter I think someone ranked you without leaving a review which is why your star count was lowered.

So if anyone leaves a review without signing in make sure you change the ratings before you post if you care about things like that.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »

LOL I know it's hard to be as cool as me!

Like I said I don't mind letting you guys know who ranked you what but I don't know if i'm violating some kind of law doing so, lmao likethe law of stupid people or something. What I want to do is make some kind of announcement in the news section saying starting today if an author asks for the person who lowered their rank I will let them know but the problem with that is, then they can just do it anonymously or lower it without even leaving a review. I can't tell when someone does that.

I know for my newest short story someone lowered my stars to a 6 for no reason other than so I wouldn't have a 10 lmao How do I know this? Because I know this person although I don't think she's aware that I am able to see that!

I'm glad i'm not alone with the disliking of the ratings system. I mean I think a ratings system is a good idea but only if it's done fairly and in this case I don't think it is but like i've said a ton of times I don't think I have access to the part of the site that would change that so hopefully Ash is reading all of this stuff and maybe he will rework that part of the site. At least maybe make it not possible to just leave ratings or anonymous reviews.

Yeah I wouldn't mind the ratings system at all if I knew they were done fairly. Cause we can all grow as writers, and if I get a rating that's not awesome, I'd wanna know so I could work on it. That's how they should be used, and since this is happening to many of us, it's true purpose isn't being used.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2007, 09:36:04 PM »

There should be some kind of rubric you have to fill out when you do a rating... like, rate them on certain aspects of the story - the plot, the characters, mechanics, something like that - so you'd know exactly what you were being rated higher or lower on.  I don't think that's possible with the eFiction script so I'm not suggesting that for AC, but that would be cool.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15