Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 48206 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »

not make them think that BSB fanfics are either about them being into each other or naked running around all day long! and gossipy? LOL that was a weird description too!

I think Nick's description proves he hasn't really read any fanfic, and if he has, it's only the smutty stuff that certain authors who write that stuff have either told him about or actually handed him a disk with their visuals on it (yes, I know of someone who did this).  He doesn't know what he's talking about.  Kevin, on the other hand... LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing the video! I love how Kevin peeped right up when he heard the word fanfic. You definitely know that he's read some.  :D

I really don't know what fanfic I would rec to the Boys... Most of the stories I read involve either smut or one of them dying, and I wouldn't want to make them read that! Though part of me wants to recommend Nick's Dirty Kicks just because it's so bizarre and hilarious. Of course, then they would probably think we're all crazy  :crazy:
my muse is such a lush

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:51 PM »

I don't think there's any of my stories that I would be "mortified" to have them read... or I probably wouldn't have written it  ;)  lol.   It may be a little uncomfortable though to stumble upon a random story on the internet where someone decided to kill you in the plot (Murder in the Big City for example for me, one of the guys dies), but again, it's a story and they were just "characters".

If I were gonna recommend any story on here to the guys though, it would definitely be Song for the Undead, because that's just a kick ass story!  And though they have the guys names and are supposed to "be" the guys -- so we can picture them and all that -- the story can totally stand alone without their names/images/etc... 
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

Aw thanks Rachel! :)

Yeah, they'd have to get used to reading about themselves dying if they were to fully explore the fanfic community LOL.  Sorry, Boys.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Awww thanks!

Yeah, especially if the click on something by me or Julie lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »

Hmmmm. I would only be mortified if they read my canon stuff I guess. I'd still write even uf they hated it....but I'd probably be less inclined to share again.

As for recommending a story, I'd tell them to read 00Carter or Song For The Undead as AUs. Both are kick ass and I feel they would enjoy them.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

As for recommending a story, I'd tell them to read 00Carter or Song For The Undead as AUs. Both are kick ass and I feel they would enjoy them.

Hrm, Howie might not like it... lol!  Though he might have a sense of humor about his role. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

cartermcleanfanchick

• Fledgling
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »

I really do not think Brian would"nt want to read about himself in a fan fiction

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:19 PM »

They probably wouldn't mind the ones where they're having great sex and doing heroic things.  I'm just not so sure about all the sappy, cheesy, romantic, bromantic, tearjerkery kind of stuff I read LOL.
~Julie

cartermcleanfanchick

• Fledgling
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »

oh the sex yeah but not romantic stuff haha

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »

I think Nick would love to read about himself as a secret agent lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2013, 04:16:57 AM »

This question is in relation to my lack of updates topic, but for those of you who are updating, have you noticed a decline or increase in readers and reviews? Or has it been the same?

If you are one of those people who are in a writing slump, are you also in a reading slump or losing your love of BSB in general?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2013, 06:44:03 AM »

I'm in a writing slump, and also not reading as much.  That's probably because most of my favourite stories aren't being updated as much either.  I do have a couple of stories to catch up on that have been updated, I just need to not open Netflix :)

I'm not losing my love for BSB though.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »

Yes, Netflix is the devil lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »

It really is!  I only intended to watch a couple of episodes of The 4400 on there yesterday and ended up watching 9!!!  That's just shocking, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19