Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 48263 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »

TV in general is the devil LOL.  I'm sure I would get more writing done out of sheer boredom if I did not have a TV, or at least cable and Netflix, but what can I say - during the school year, I prefer mindless entertainment to a hobby that requires me to think and be creative.  Sometimes I feel like all of my thought and creativity goes into my job, and there's nothing left for fanfic by the time I get home.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »

As for Mare's question about reviews, I haven't noticed a decrease the last few times I've updated.  It's been amazingly consistent.  The last story I updated was Song for the Undead, and that chapter got four reviews, same as the last five chapters before it.  Before that it was 00Carter, which only one person reads, but she came through with a review for each chapter. (Thanks, Tracy!)  And Gift of the Pandaskunk got a shitload of reviews, but that was posted almost two months ago, so I guess not so recent.

Like Steph, I haven't been reading as much, but there also haven't been many of my favorites updated FOR me to read.  It's not that I don't want to.  My love for BSB and for fanfic is as strong as ever.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:26 PM »

TV in general is the devil LOL.  I'm sure I would get more writing done out of sheer boredom if I did not have a TV, or at least cable and Netflix, but what can I say - during the school year, I prefer mindless entertainment to a hobby that requires me to think and be creative.  Sometimes I feel like all of my thought and creativity goes into my job, and there's nothing left for fanfic by the time I get home.

That is EXACTLY how I feel too! by the time I get home, I no longer want to use my brain lol but I can also say as someone who doesn't have cable, I watch shows even more now than I did when I had cable.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »

Yeah, I'd have to get rid of both cable and Netflix to stop my mindless TV viewing.  But who wants to do that? LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »

I just watched an episode of Weeds followed by an episode of Arrested Development so I would say "Not me!" lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2013, 07:28:39 PM »

TV and the internet itself are the worst distractions ever. I'll be looking up stuff from last summer and next thing I know I'll end up on youtube watching the most random shit lmao. It's horrible! As for reviews, I'm staying pretty consistent I've noticed which, given the lull was a little unexpected. And some stories are still pulling in a lot of reviews so I think it's the writers having blocks or time constraints, rather than the whole fanfic fandom as a whole.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »

Haha youre welcome Julie! I love to leave reviews :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2013, 08:04:56 PM »

I love you for that, Tracy!  We can always count on you! :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »

Next question:  When you think of awesome readers and reviewers of your stuff, who comes to mind and why?  You can name more than one person because we all know it varies from story to story.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

When i was writing Finding Carter, Saka Steph was my favorite reviewer. She always msde me smile.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

Next question:  When you think of awesome readers and reviewers of your stuff, who comes to mind and why?  You can name more than one person because we all know it varies from story to story.

With Here We Stand it's probably Mare, I love seeing her reviews! That and you lol. Because some of your reviews are for more random reasons LOL and it makes me laugh.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2013, 03:18:46 AM »

For The The Other Side of NC story : Mare, Steph (Carter-Orange) and Lore.

Mare - I could still remember my reaction when I saw Mare's review on the 1st chapter of TOSONC. I was excited and at the same time couldn't believe it. I was like Mare just read my stuff, and left a review. Mare... Mare liked my story.... Mare... Mare.... LOL

Steph and Lore - They consistently read my updates and always leave a nice review. The support I got from them when I was starting this story is really, really appreciated. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »

LOL awww Ritz, that's how I felt when Mare started reading Remember Me This Way, that holy crap, she was reading a novel of mine. Mare, Julie, and a few others were always like the major great fanfic authors I looked up to. So like when I first starting writing with Julie that was like a huge deal for me (and seriously I never would've predicted how epic that'd be for us hehe). And Mare was like my next OMG moment.

It's kinda surreal cause like when now and again I get told I'm one of the "popular" writers lol, it's like no. Because I'm still in the mindset of that writer starting out in the fandom.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »

When I started Save A Prayer, I was shocked and surprised to get awesome reviews from Julie, Rose, Mare, Lore and Ritz.  I really didn't know if it would be the kind of story anyone would like, especially writers I kind of look up to!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2013, 02:03:14 PM »

I was excited to get reviews for CP from Erika, Ritz, Steph, Tracy and Patty... they kept me going.  But typically I get reviews from Steph and Tracy! Those two are always there to support my stories and I appreciate them. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19