Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51830 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: New music!
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2013, 12:48:45 PM »

There are a couple that will be OK for the gym :) I need upbeat stuff for the gym too, it makes me work harder.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

There are a couple that will be OK for the gym :) I need upbeat stuff for the gym too, it makes me work harder.

Yes for sure! The songs that I enjoy, I really love - which is good! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »

I think my biggest issue with this album is that it's so mellow. I don't listen to any of their ballads and those parts during the shows are painfully boring for me. I'm really not a ballad person, I do most of my music listening when I'm at the gym or driving so I prefer things more upbeat and this album is lacking a lot of that for me. I'll do a proper song-by-song review once I'm not on my iPad!

That makes sense.  I like a good mix of upbeat songs and ballads, but while the good uptempos are the ones I tend to get addicted to, the good ballads are the ones that tend to become my long-time favorites.  The quality of the ballads on a BSB album is really what determines how much I like the album.  I tend to favor the ones with lots of good ballads over the ones without.  I love the ballads on this album; some of them are pretty mellow, but with the exception of Try, I don't think they're boring.

That said, there won't be as many songs off this album that make my workout playlist as, say, I'm Taking Off.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »

That makes sense.  I like a good mix of upbeat songs and ballads, but while the good uptempos are the ones I tend to get addicted to, the good ballads are the ones that tend to become my long-time favorites.  The quality of the ballads on a BSB album is really what determines how much I like the album.  I tend to favor the ones with lots of good ballads over the ones without.  I love the ballads on this album; some of them are pretty mellow, but with the exception of Try, I don't think they're boring.

That said, there won't be as many songs off this album that make my workout playlist as, say, I'm Taking Off.

I'm a ballad fan too. While I love the uptempos for when I'm doing houseworks and such, ballads are the ones that I keep listening to over and over again. Like "Take Care".

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »

I might be ready to try ranking them now.  Let's see!

1. Soldier
2. Show 'Em What You're Made Of
3. In a World Like This
4. Madeleine
5. Take Care
6. Make Believe
7. One Phone Call
8. Love Somebody
9. Breathe
10. Feels Like Home
11. Trust Me
12. Light On
13. Permanent Stain
14. In Your Arms
15. Hot, Hot, Hot
16. Try

Okay, when I started making this list, I had the first seven songs tied for first place LMAO.  It was so hard to rank them!  Much easier to start at the bottom and work my way up.  And the fact that Feels Like Home, which I've been in love with for the last two weeks, is only in 10th place just shows how much I LOVE this album!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

I'm a ballad fan too. While I love the uptempos for when I'm doing houseworks and such, ballads are the ones that I keep listening to over and over again. Like "Take Care".

I'm looking forward to cleaning my apartment sometime today or tomorrow now that I've got some good cleaning music!  I already did some baking with the bananas that were rotting on my counter while I was listening.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »

I think we should probably do this like every week because I think they will change.

For now mine is:

1. Take Care
2. Breathe
3. Soldier
4. One Phone Call
5. Light On
6. In A World Like This
7. Trust Me
8. Show Them
9. Try
10. Madeline
11. Make Believe
12. Feels Like Home
13. Love Somebody
14. Hot, Hot, Hot
15. In Your Arms
16. Permanent Stain

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »

LOL I agree, they probably will!

I'm enjoying reading everyone's rankings; it's interesting to see which songs are near the top or bottom of everyone's list and which are completely different!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »

I already moved Take Care up above One Phone Call! LOL

I like the vibe of it. The lyrics are nice but they don't go with the rhythm of the song. I hate when songs do that but what I do love is the music under the repeat of the chorus. It feels like the song is a reject from Prince of Egypt! LOL it has that should be in a musical type feel to it.

I think you are right though, Cinzia. I can see my list morphing a bit the more I listen and songs get more defined instead of having a bunch of 2nd places and third places etc...

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »

I know I'm having fun seeing that too. It does make sense that the people who like to work out also like the faster stuff where my sloth like self loves the mellow, acoustic stuff.

I am looking forward to cleaning to it tomorrow. I have already played lots of Candy Crush while listening! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »

The album is not released here yet and I'm trying not to listen in you tube. But I might give up and try cause I'm curious now. I have no idea what the whole fandom is talking about.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »

I already moved Take Care up above One Phone Call! LOL

I like the vibe of it. The lyrics are nice but they don't go with the rhythm of the song. I hate when songs do that but what I do love is the music under the repeat of the chorus. It feels like the song is a reject from Prince of Egypt! LOL it has that should be in a musical type feel to it.

I think you are right though, Cinzia. I can see my list morphing a bit the more I listen and songs get more defined instead of having a bunch of 2nd places and third places etc...

Take Care does sound like something from a movie!  There's just a certain drama to it, and the fact that it's so different from verse to chorus, I could see it changing to accompany what's happening in the scene.  I am already imagining some for fanfics LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »

The album is not released here yet and I'm trying not to listen in you tube. But I might give up and try cause I'm curious now. I have no idea what the whole fandom is talking about.

Aww, when does it come out there?  Here I thought I was one of the last to get it!  I feel your frustration; that's how I've felt for the last week!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »

Take Care does sound like something from a movie!  There's just a certain drama to it, and the fact that it's so different from verse to chorus, I could see it changing to accompany what's happening in the scene.  I am already imagining some for fanfics LOL.

As I said on Twitter, I'm in loop with it and I've already written two pages of a story.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2013, 03:03:45 PM »

I can't focus enough to write anything yet, but it might actually fit very nicely with this Nowie story I've got going.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35