Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51755 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New music!
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »

You're welcome! just sending the last part now! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »

One of the greatest things about this album is that I'm having trouble picking a clear favorite!  I've never had that happen with a BSB album before!  I put this one up there with Millennium. If they were as mainstream today as they were when that album was released, I think this one would be HUGE.  So, to join in on the fun, here are (approximate) rankings, and a few comments on the ones I feel like commenting on :)

1.) Trust Me- This is the first song I heard from the anniversary event that I went around singing all the time.  I think it's just so classic and catchy, and other than the whole "sweet sexy babies" thing, I love the lyrics. WTF is a sexy baby, anyway?  If it weren't for that, this one might be a very clear favorte.
2.) Madeleine- I really didn't care for this one at all the first time I heard it, and here I am ranking it #2. I like how simplistic it is, and I think we've all been Madeleine at one point or another.  Oh, and Nick is just awesome in this one.
3.) Breathe- I like the 80's power ballad vibe it has going on.  Kind of sounds like the type of song you might have heard on the soundtrack of The Wedding Singer or something.  I'm really a ballad girl at heart.
4.) Feels Like Home- It's a little hokey, but well, I LOVE that the first verse is about Kentucky girls...lol.
5.) Love Somebody- fun track.
6.) Show 'Em What You're Made Of- so sweet. Every time I hear this song, I think of Kevin crying.
7.) Soldier
8.) Make Believe
9.) Permanent Stain- I've made fun of the title (apparently that was a big "Let's tell a story" fail), but I actually really like the song.  I can't imagine the words any other way, either.
10.) In A World Like This- I like this one, too, but I don't LOVE it. I think it's a good first single choice, but their single releases have almost never been in my top three or so favorite songs from an album.
11.) One Phone Call
12.) Try
13.) Take Care
14.) In Your Arms
15.) Hot, hot, hot- This may be the first time ever that I agree with the songs that made it on the actual track listing vs. those that didn't.  Don't particularly care for any of the bonus tracks, though I can kind of see Take Care growing on me.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

Julie and Mare, Thank you very, very much! It's 12:46 am here and if I don't post on the next hour, the boys put me to sleep! I love you, Ladies. :)

Enjoy! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

LMAO Emily, "sweet sexy babies" made me laugh so hard!  Think about that, AJ... are you calling your daughter sexy??
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »

One of the greatest things about this album is that I'm having trouble picking a clear favorite!  I've never had that happen with a BSB album before!  I put this one up there with Millennium.

I know, right?!  I don't always have one clear favorite right away, but I usually have a group of maybe 3-4 standouts.  On this one, like I said, I had SEVEN!  Half the album!  And the other half of the album isn't bad by any means.  It is definitely going to be along the lines of Millennium and Never Gone, both of which I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs (okay, sometimes Poster Girl on NG).  I don't love every track on either of those albums, but they're all at least likable, whereas the other albums all have songs I really love and songs I skip every time.  Only time will tell how it actually compares to my other favorite albums.  I have a certain amount of nostalgia attached to Millennium and Never Gone because those were also two of my favorite eras in the Boys' career, but I think I'm going to feel the same way about this one.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »

LMAO Emily, "sweet sexy babies" made me laugh so hard!  Think about that, AJ... are you calling your daughter sexy??

I hope not! lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »

Ditto to what you both said, Julie and Emily! All I've done is listen to this album nonstop today and like I said before I NEVER do that! Like EVER! Just for the first time all day I skipped two songs. Try and One Phone Call but that's only after about the tenth listen! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

I'm approaching my 8th hour of listening to it.  I did bake some banana brownies, cleaned my kitchen, and vacuumed, but otherwise I have basically been sitting here on my computer listening and talking about it all day LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »

Same here but only substitute baking for grocery shopping. :)

I did just finally shut it off though. I might take a little Breaking Bad break since I only have two episodes left to be all caught up! LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »

Okay revised after listening to this thing all day long! LOL

1)Madeline
2) Soldier
3) Breathe
4) Trust Me
5) Show Em'
6) Take Care
7) Love Somebody
8) Make Believe
9) Permanent Stain
10) In a World Like This
11) Feels Like Home
12) Light On
13) In Your Arms
14) Hot Hot Hot
15) Try (Have skipped the last few listens)
16) One Phone Call (same!)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

Yay! I love all the love in here!

God, I have no idea how to rank them but I'll try LOL.

1. Make Believe - I don't know why I love this song so much but there's just this feeling to it that I can't get enough of. I see myself someday writing some out there story because of this song LOL.

2. Try - I wish it wasn't just AJ but I can sort of see why it was. They said themselves he did so amazing they let him just keep going lol. Which is good! I love the soulful vibe to it.

3. Breathe - Kevin man, just...where has he been? Because I love him on this record.

4. Love Somebody - This song is adorable. Like you Mare I have a feeling this song is totally for Lauren and it's so freaking happy and cute. Even with the caveman line lol.

5. Feels Like Home - This song gets me dancing around the house lol. And I love southern Kevin!

6. Show Em What You're Made Of - this song is just...epic. The subject matter especially, I love that they got so personal.

7. In A World Like This - classic Backstreet.

8. Madeleine - This song is incredibly touching. I'll be honest from rank 3-8 they were all tying and I was having a hard time separating them.

9. Soilder - I'm addicted to this song. How is this number 9? LOL. See signs I'm in love with this record. It's catchy and upbeat.

10. Permanent Stain - I always got a Beach Boys vibe from this (especially the acapella performances) but it always reminded me too much of ICTA lol. But it's still good.

11. Trust Me - I love the folksy feeling and it's definitely a song that stays in my head. But it reminds me a lot of Evergreen too lol.

12. Light On - I don't get why this song is a bonus. The others I agreed with but not this one. This is one of those instantly addictive songs and it's got a weird lil 80s vibe for it I like. But even so it's towards the bottom so.... lol

13. One Phone Call - It's good but this ranking may change later.

14. Take Care - It's weird but in a good way? This might change too.

15. Hot Hot Hot - simply put it deserves ALL the mocking it gets.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16:11 PM »

One Phone Call is still at the bottom, huh Mare? LOL I love that song!!  I thought about moving it higher on my list, but then whenever one of the ones above it comes on, I'm like, "No, I love this song too much!"  I love them all!  Even Try makes me bob my head along to it, even if it's boring.  There are no ear-bleeders for me on this album.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »

^ If I could remove it from the list entirely I would LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #343 on: July 30, 2013, 09:30:40 PM »

I have been listening to it all evening! Here are my rankings, subject to change of course.

1. Soldier
2. Feels Like Home
3. Make Believe
4. Show 'Em What You're Made Of
5. In A World Like This
6. In Your Arms
7. Love Somebody
8. Trust Me
9. Madeline
10. Breathe
11. Light On
12. One Phone Call
13. Hot, Hot, Hot
14. Take Care
15. Try

That was really difficult! Honestly all of the songs are really growing on my with every listen. Except for Try. My brain doesn't even register that song when it's playing LOL
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #344 on: July 30, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »

Seriously! I wanna change up my rankings already cause too many of them tie. There's seriously no skip songs for me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35