Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51804 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: New music!
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »

Waiting for the day, I can run away with you...with you...
Like angels on fire we burn the sky
One kiss and we say goodbye

I just love that verse.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »

I love Howie singing about sipping Margaritas in Feels like Home, and I love the entire song of Trust Me :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »

I'm going track by track with my favorite parts...

1. In a World Like This - It's hard to pick a favorite part of this song because I adore every moment of it, but my two favorite parts are the "free falling, free falling" parts and Brian's long high note that he holds over the chorus toward the end.  ("In a world like THIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIS...")

2. Permanent Stain - Kevin's solo!  "Wash away the tide..."  Beautiful!!!

3. Breathe - This song is like In a World Like This, in that the whole thing is catchy, but I love Brian's ad libs at the end!

4. Madeleine - AJ's verse, especially "And wonder where the ships would go..."  That part is just fun to sing!  The fanfic writer in me also likes the part after that about writing it in a notebook, saying it would someday be a story to tell.

5. Show 'Em (What You're Made Of) - Kevin's verse!  I like it lyrically, but I also love the passion you can hear in his voice.  I think that is the point I started tearing up the first time I heard this.  I just remember him tearing up as he talked about the inspiration behind this song at the fan event.

6. Make Believe - The whole "If we close our eyes, let our hearts collide, leave the world outside, leave it all behind" part that builds and adds in the harmonies.  That is goosebumps-worthy beautiful!!!

7. Try - Right now my favorite part of this song is when it's over LOL.

8. Trust Me - My favorite parts of this song are the funny lines.  "Take me to the disco, make me dance" and "Makin' sweet sexy babies."  They make me giggle every time!

9. Love Somebody - I love the cavemen part, not only lyrically but harmonically as well.  I also love the stanza about wearing his favorite jersey and knocking over her beer, especially when Nick adds, "You know I love you baby!"

10. One Phone Call - I love so many parts in this song, but the one I'm enjoying singing along to most right now would be "I'm gonna leave a message at the tone... begging pretty baby, please come home."  I really love the subchorus (the "twenty-five to life" part) and Nick's part in the bridge, especially "But if you do... at least you knew..."

11. Feels Like Home - I love the first two verses of this song, both the Kentucky and Mexican parts - I couldn't wait until I had the lyrics down so I could sing along!  My other favorite part is shouting "FREAK!" after the "dancing like a freak" line LOL.

12. Soldier - This whole song is catchy, but my favorite part is "But somebody shot you down, right in the middle of a war outside..."

And then, of course, there's the part from Take Care that I mentioned in my last post, which may be my favorite part of the entire CD!  "I won't tell a soul if you cry; I can hold you while you cry, you know!"  I love Kevin's verse before that part, too.  "The stakes are high, but we'll reach higher!"   And when they repeat the chorus with all the harmony added in underneath, it gives me goosebumps!  LOVE!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »

I love Howie singing about sipping Margaritas in Feels like Home, and I love the entire song of Trust Me :)

The margaritas part is absolutely my favorite part of that song to sing along to!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »

Waiting for the day, I can run away with you...with you...
Like angels on fire we burn the sky
One kiss and we say goodbye

I just love that verse.

I'm so in love with the lyrics of that song!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »

So what are some of your favorite moments of the album - not whole songs, but specific parts of songs?  Like I tweeted yesterday, I love love LOVE AJ's part in Take Care that goes "I won't tell a soul if you cry.  I can hold you while you cry, you know!"  That whole second verse is epic.

I'm going to compile a list of my other favorite parts as I listen, because I know I will miss some otherwise!

That part is just amazing. It gets me every time.  :( Another one is Nick's verse: "You've always stood so tall, never thought you'd fall but now it's you that's fading."

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »

And Nick going "I take care of... I take care of..." (listening to that right now).  I always love their adlibs over the chorus at the end of songs!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »

And Nick going "I take care of... I take care of..." (listening to that right now).  I always love their adlibs over the chorus at the end of songs!

It's 8 am here... if I start listening to that song, I'll reach 100 times of listening by tonight. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2013, 01:08:37 AM »

LMAO
~Julie

usako

« Reply #414 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »

LOL But, hey, I've almost finished a chapter so, at least, it is an inspirational song. LOL

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #415 on: August 01, 2013, 01:25:52 AM »

I don't have Take Care....I was so lost til i figured out it must be a bonus song. Lol

usako

« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »

Another mine favorite lyrics is from "Breathe":

And I never knew alone, wherever you are is home

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »

You know, the more I listen to that song, the more I love that line!  I actually think there's something deep about it... I don't know if I'll be able to explain it in words, but to me it shows how timeless true love is.  Love is such a basic human emotion that has been around since the dawn of mankind... and now that he truly "loves somebody," he gets it.  He gets why people have been writing (or, you know, drawing LOL) about relationships and love forever.  I don't think that was a very good explanation, but that's my take on it.  Whether I'm overthinking it or not, it's a cute, creative lyric, and it makes me smile every time. :)

I love that line, it's never bothered me! He probably just thinks cavemen are cool! Seriously, I think he's deeper than we give him credit for. Well then there's hot hot hot so... LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2013, 04:52:52 AM »

So what are some of your favorite moments of the album - not whole songs, but specific parts of songs?  Like I tweeted yesterday, I love love LOVE AJ's part in Take Care that goes "I won't tell a soul if you cry.  I can hold you while you cry, you know!"  That whole second verse is epic.

I'm going to compile a list of my other favorite parts as I listen, because I know I will miss some otherwise!

I don't think I will be able to do this until I have the actual lyrics in front of me.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »

I do love the angels on fire part of Make Believe. Now there's a fanfic waiting to happen!

I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some upon one of the multiple listens I will have today! Except for Try and One Phone Call which should meld together on the CD since they meld together so well in this sentence: I will "Try" to make it through "One Phone Call" But If not I'l just "Make Believe!"   LOL

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35