Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Documentary, star and anything else lol  (Read 32280 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Documentary, star and anything else lol
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »

I figured I'd start another thread so we wouldn't get too off topic in the other one. I just finished watching the ten minute clip of the documentary and once again came close to tears a few times. I can't wait to see that! I'm actually looking forward to that as much as the new music. I really hope it gets a nationwide release and not just limited cities.

I wonder if Kevin wanted to bitch slap the audience for screaming while it was playing. I know I wanted to bitch slap them.

Nick knows you love him! We don't need to scream it out every ten seconds people! Shut the hell up and watch the movie!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Documentary, star and anything else lol
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »

Ooooh where did you find that clip Mare?  I've not seen that yet.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »

Did those girls need to scream every few seconds lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »

I know!! Soooo annoying! lol

Kevin hugging a crying Nick? Too much for my brain to take in!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:18 PM »

I know! OMG my heart broke.

Screaming girls deserved to be stabbity stabbed lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »

I am so excited to see this!  I can't believe people screamed through the whole preview.  I guess even after 20 years, some things haven't changed. LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »

I know! I don't get why people were screaming lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »

Can I just say I have been loving all of these radio interviews and guest appearances. The guys seem SO happy it's infectious to watch and listen to and I have to admit, you know I haven't been a Brian fan in a very long time but I am starting to get a sense that Frick and Frack are kind of back. Just a more adult version of them. The way they are all interacting with one another is just awesome! I know they're just at the beginning of all the promo and stuff but I really hope it keeps up.

They are also sounding fabulous! I love when they do IAWLT with just the acoustic guitars!

Just wanted to come in and share.

Maybe if you guys have any links of things you'd like t share especially while they are in London, I guess this would be a good place to post them.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

Aww, me too!!  I was just thinking yesterday how lucky I am to be a BSB fan.  Who could have known back in 1997 that Backstreet would STILL be coming back again in 2013?  I know they sang it in their song, but still! LOL  Fans of every other boyband have had to watch their group crumble, but not us!  Ours never stopped and is still going strong!  So proud of our Boys!!

I am especially enjoying having Kevin back this time, and I like what you said about Frick and Frack, Mare.  I wonder if they're just finding common ground again, now that Nick is engaged and has finally grown up and caught up to Brian.  They were so similar in the early days, and then Brian turned into this holy-roller family man, while Nick spiraled into a mess who drank and did drugs and dated Paris Hilton.  How could they relate to each other back then?  But now that Nick has settled down, he probably gets Brian better, and Brian probably respects him more.  They're still two different people, but at least they have something besides being a Backstreet Boy in common again.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

I'm also loving it! I recorded them on Daybreak this morning so I could watch when I got home from work.  I kept rewinding and watching it over and over :)

I have to say that Brian's singing is sounding a hell of a lot better now, so that's a good thing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »

I'm glad Brian sounded good!  I haven't seen or heard anything from the UK stuff yet.  He still sounded "off" on the US stuff, I thought.  It's not like his voice is off KEY; it just sounds so weak, like he has a hard time projecting it.  It doesn't have the power it used to.  He sounds better on the high notes, and the low notes usually aren't bad; it seems to be the middle of his range where he has the most trouble, which is weird.

I just feel bad for him; it's clear at this point that he can't help it.  It's not just nerves or not hearing the music or being sick or having an off performance.  I really think the H1N1 flu or something has messed up his vocal cords, unless he has polyps or something like Adele did.  I hope it either gets better on its own or that he gets treatment for it because it kind of breaks my heart every time I hear him sing live these days. :(  It's a lot more noticeable on TV than it is live, though.  I thought he sounded great during both the TIU and NKOTBSB tour and on the cruise, and once he gets into a song, it seems to get better - he always sounds better at the ends of songs than when he has solos at the beginning.  Who knows...  I don't really like to talk about this, but I'm about to the "acceptance" part of the five stages of grief over Brian's voice, so I guess it's time to.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 02:24:53 AM »

I am especially enjoying having Kevin back this time, and I like what you said about Frick and Frack, Mare.  I wonder if they're just finding common ground again, now that Nick is engaged and has finally grown up and caught up to Brian.  They were so similar in the early days, and then Brian turned into this holy-roller family man, while Nick spiraled into a mess who drank and did drugs and dated Paris Hilton.  How could they relate to each other back then?  But now that Nick has settled down, he probably gets Brian better, and Brian probably respects him more.  They're still two different people, but at least they have something besides being a Backstreet Boy in common again.

Welcome all to "Frick&Frack fans club"  :D :D :D

Those two are so spoiling him with all their love! I can't help but love them, even though I'm not a Nick fan. (sorry Nick! lol)

I'm also loving it! I recorded them on Daybreak this morning so I could watch when I got home from work.  I kept rewinding and watching it over and over :)

I have to say that Brian's singing is sounding a hell of a lot better now, so that's a good thing.

Yes, it is. Especially since the China tour dates. And man, his parts in IAWLT are something precious.

I'm glad Brian sounded good!  I haven't seen or heard anything from the UK stuff yet.  He still sounded "off" on the US stuff, I thought.  It's not like his voice is off KEY; it just sounds so weak, like he has a hard time projecting it.  It doesn't have the power it used to.  He sounds better on the high notes, and the low notes usually aren't bad; it seems to be the middle of his range where he has the most trouble, which is weird.

I just feel bad for him; it's clear at this point that he can't help it.  It's not just nerves or not hearing the music or being sick or having an off performance.  I really think the H1N1 flu or something has messed up his vocal cords, unless he has polyps or something like Adele did.  I hope it either gets better on its own or that he gets treatment for it because it kind of breaks my heart every time I hear him sing live these days. :(  It's a lot more noticeable on TV than it is live, though.  I thought he sounded great during both the TIU and NKOTBSB tour and on the cruise, and once he gets into a song, it seems to get better - he always sounds better at the ends of songs than when he has solos at the beginning.  Who knows...  I don't really like to talk about this, but I'm about to the "acceptance" part of the five stages of grief over Brian's voice, so I guess it's time to.

I don't think I'll ever reach the "acceptance" part, I still hope that he would be back to that amazing voice he has always have. Mostly because it's Brian, he has proved people and fate wrong for all his life. But I worry. Not only for his voice, clearly, but for him as a person. Because it can't be easy knowing that you can't work at your fullest and knowing that you're gonna let down fans and people who love you and believe you. And that makes me admire him more and more because he still goes out and does his job, fighting his anxiety and problems.
That's what really gets me because you can see how bad he feels if he does something wrong. I just wanna hug him.
And seriously.... how come no one has already wrote something? This has angst and drama written all over! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 03:38:27 AM »

I don't think I'll ever reach the "acceptance" part, I still hope that he would be back to that amazing voice he has always have. Mostly because it's Brian, he has proved people and fate wrong for all his life. But I worry. Not only for his voice, clearly, but for him as a person. Because it can't be easy knowing that you can't work at your fullest and knowing that you're gonna let down fans and people who love you and believe you. And that makes me admire him more and more because he still goes out and does his job, fighting his anxiety and problems.
That's what really gets me because you can see how bad he feels if he does something wrong. I just wanna hug him.
And seriously.... how come no one has already wrote something? This has angst and drama written all over! lol

I love Brian, and I truly hope this is something that can be fixed.  I miss his voice.  My place of "acceptance" isn't being okay with how it is now, but accepting that there is a problem with it, instead of being in denial over it and blaming it on nerves or a cold or something.  I hope his feelings haven't been hurt, but I kind of wish he would acknowledge it and, if he knows what's caused it, explain it to us.  That would set the record straight and stop all the speculation that's been going on about this for the past couple of years.  Who knows, maybe he's in denial about it too.

I have thought about writing a fanfic about this, but I think it's just too real and too raw to do right now.  It would just make me sad.  I prefer to give them fictional drama.  That said, I may have gotten the idea for the Brian suspense story I mentioned in the question thread from thinking about this.  :thpt:  (Where's a devil smiley when I need one?  Close enough, I guess!)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 03:40:38 AM »

Just to change the subject, since this thread got kind of dark and depressing all of a sudden... Who else is in love with "In a World Like This?"  I think it was a great choice for a first single.  It's cute, catchy, has great lyrics, and from what I've seen, it's getting great reviews!  Maybe it will even get some radio play!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21