Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Documentary, star and anything else lol  (Read 32628 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Documentary, star and anything else lol
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »

The fact that they have answered that question more than once is a little scary as well. They have their token cannibalism answers! LOL

And of course Joey would sacrifice himself, he's probably looking for anyway to get out of that band that he can and he hopes that maybe if they all share his body they'll all be able to hold a pitch without going flat!   :angel:

They have answered that question so many times!  Nick is usually the general consensus because he has the most meat LOL.

And LMFAO at the last part, Mare!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »

So, Leighanne, in replying a fan, had said that Brian is going through some things, though she didn't go in details. It's obvious that there is something wrong with Brian and his voice, in a way I'm glad she admitted instead than making it like nothing is wrong. Still, I'm worried.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2013, 03:51:46 AM »

I have a feeling it's just finally starting to hit Brian how hard these songs are to sing. On that sound check video of Quit Playing Games me that Julie posted from St. Louis, he tried to get Nick to sing his verse but it looked like Nick didn't want to or it caught him off guard, but that kind of broke my heart to see.

You know it's one thing to have trouble on a song here or there but to struggle through an entire concert night after night and in the process really bring the quality of the songs down has to do something to you mentally. It's clear AJ was having a lot of difficulty trying to harmonize with Brian during 10,000 Promises and the rest of the acoustic set (Where it's really something that can't be hidden) and you can tell the guys are trying to work through that together and it seems like they are encouraging him, which is great but yeah.

There are points he sounds great! his higher register and even some of the lower stuff so whatever he's doing to help himself it's working but songs where he has a lot of solos he probably panics about. I know I would. I can't even imagine how awkward I'll Never Break Your Heart must be and sound. If' they are doing that one, which maybe they won't.

Anyway, I bet it has to do with that but of course Leighanne should have realized by saying something like that she would have sparked all these questions so now hopefully she'll stop being vague and let people know what she meant. When speaking about BSB you can't be vague! Did she not read the fan rulebook? LOL
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:05:06 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »

I have a feeling it's just finally starting to hit Brian how hard these songs are to sing. On that sound check video of As Long as You Love me that Julie posted from St. Louis, he tried to get Nick to sing his verse but it looked like Nick didn't want to or it caught him off guard, but that kind of broke my heart to see.

You know it's one thing to have trouble on a song here or there but to struggle through an entire concert night after night and in the process really bring the quality of the songs down has to do something to you mentally. It's clear AJ was having a lot of difficulty trying to harmonize with Brian during 10,000 Promises and the rest of the acoustic set (Where it's really something that can't be hidden) and you can tell the guys are trying to work through that together and it seems like they are encouraging him, which is great but yeah.

There are points he sounds great! his higher register and even some of the lower stuff so whatever he's doing to help himself it's working but songs where he has a lot of solos he probably panics about. I know I would. I can't even imagine how awkward I'll Never Break Your Heart must be and sound. If' they are doing that one, which maybe they won't.

Anyway, I bet it has to do with that but of course Leighanne should have realized by saying something like that she would have sparked all these questions so now hopefully she'll stop being vague and let people know what she meant. When speaking about BSB you can't be vague! Did she not read the fan rulebook? LOL

I've the feeling that we are going to find out sooner what's wrong with Brian. His "It's a work in progress", now Leighanne's tweets... In a way, I'm glad she didn't pretend that nothing is wrong and admitted that he's having problems. Fact is that she should know how much fans would worry about Brian's health, given his history. LOL

A thing that I've noticed is that how loud fans are screaming whenever Brian is singing, especially his high notes. Maybe he's realizing that we will support and love him no matter what and admitting whatever he is going through won't make us thinking less of him.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2013, 04:43:18 AM »

Yeah, exactly.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2013, 06:16:52 AM »

I have the feeling that at tomorrow's concert, Brian will have the loudest cheering ever.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »

I think Leighanne's tweet had to be about his voice.  I don't know what else he would be struggling with.  He seemed totally fine and normal at both soundchecks and shows I went to - goofing off, being silly, smiling and waving at the fans, etc.  He didn't miss a step with his dancing (and they did a LOT of dancing, singing live the whole time!).  I don't think there's anything wrong with him physically, other than with his voice.  And although I could still hear the hoarseness, he really sounded a lot better live than he has on TV the last few years.  As Mare said, his high parts were awesome.  Most of the low parts were fine.  It's just in the middle of his register - which is unfortunately where most of his solos seem to be - where he struggles.

They did sing "I'll Never Break Your Heart," Mare, and it didn't sound bad, but did he sound as good as he used to singing that song?  No.  I think that's what breaks my heart (no pun intended) the most about this, is remembering how good it used to be.  Judging from Leighanne's tweet, it seems like he is plenty aware of that, too, even though no one's openly addressed it.  I hope they do when they feel the time is right, but I love and support him no matter what.  He could stop singing altogether and just stand on the edge of the stage and goof around and wave at fans, and I would still go to see him.  I love his voice, but I love him for so much more than that; it's not the only thing that defines him.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »

I think that's what breaks my heart (no pun intended) the most about this, is remembering how good it used to be.  Judging from Leighanne's tweet, it seems like he is plenty aware of that, too, even though no one's openly addressed it.  I hope they do when they feel the time is right, but I love and support him no matter what.  He could stop singing altogether and just stand on the edge of the stage and goof around and wave at fans, and I would still go to see him.  I love his voice, but I love him for so much more than that; it's not the only thing that defines him.

Exactly. The most painful thing about all of this situation is knowing and remembering how good Brian's voice used to be and seeing him struggling to still doing those notes even though he's well aware that he can't do them anymore.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »

Mare, here's a video of I'll Never Break Your Heart from Chicago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY980UwB578

Here's a shorter one from St. Louis where you can hear Brian better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpfYKeoC4ZE

Like I said... you can tell that his voice is not the same quality it used to be, but it really doesn't sound BAD.  He actually sounded pretty good on this one, for the most part!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing those! One thing I'm finding interesting is AJ in relation to Brian because in that first video, AJ is way off, pitch-wise and it seems like he is the one struggling the most when it comes to singing with Brian. I wonder if they changed the key to any of those songs and now it's AJ that's having a hard time with it? Since it does tend to be AJ and Brian paired musically together.

AJ really has a hard time with the beginning of Show Em' as well. lol my causal observation as I watch all these concert videos. In fact it seems like they all kind of struggle with the key of that one! It reminds me of Shape of MY Heart.

Really the only songs of all the vids you posted that I winced when Brian sang, all came form the acoustic set. Quit Playing Games and 10,000 promises in particular. Everything else, he's doing okay with but I think the band and everyone singing along does help mask some of his issues with them. I really do hope the guys will take some of his parts though, so this way he can take a break from show to show and not destroy or further injure anything that needs fixing even though I still stand by my theory of it being a hearing and breath control issue.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »

AJ was off at the beginning of my video of We've Got It Goin' On, too, whereas Brian is usually on pitch, just hoarse or shaky or weak.  I'm sure it happens to all of them sometimes, but overall, they sound fantastic!  Show 'Em starts really low, and I wonder if that's why they seem to have a tough time at the beginning.  Shape of My Heart is the same way.

I do think the atmosphere of a live show, with the screaming and the loud music and the other guys' voices blending in does help mask some of the issues, and that's why it stands out more on TV.  At least they haven't resorted to a backing track and making him lip sync; I'd rather him sing live and not sound his best than fake it, unless he had to do that to preserve his voice.  I thought the same thing; I hope he's not hurting it more by trying to force it.  It sounds painful sometimes.  I can't imagine he wouldn't have gotten it checked out by now, though, so hopefully he knows what he's doing.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

I don't think they'd ever do the lip syncing thing. At least I hope not because I think we'd all rather hear a shaky Brian then a Milli Vannilied one! LOL

usako

« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »

Not only sometimes he sounds painful but he looks like he's in pain.

I don't think they'd ever do the lip syncing thing. At least I hope not because I think we'd all rather hear a shaky Brian then a Milli Vannilied one! LOL

Definetely a shaky Brian.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »

Yeah, you can tell he's putting everything he has into hitting those notes.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »

Yeah, you can tell he's putting everything he has into hitting those notes.

:( :(
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21