Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (37/44) > >>

mare:

--- Quote from: kevmylove on July 22, 2013, 05:13:50 AM ---(I'm not sure if I'm not part of the challenge anymore since it looks like someone else read my stories, but I never said I was quitting. I apologize to my readers for not being able to respond to your reviews, please don't think I'm ungrateful I just had a lot of drama and no time to be on my computer. As for the stories I'm reading I also apologize for taking so long but I signed up for the challenge and I will go through with it. Sorry once again.)
--- End quote ---

Since it had been so long since you had posted or read anything and I hadn't heard back from you when I sent you a PM, I had decided to ask Steph to read one of the stories since she was done with the challenge and I picked up carterkids. I didn't want to take the chance that you had just disappeared and leave them in the lurch because let's face it, when people flake on challenges, they usually don't bother to come in and tell is they quit. LOL

I'm glad you're still participating and I'm sure both Emily and Chris will love more input on their stories, consider Steph and I your back up.

mare:

--- Quote from: kevmylove on July 22, 2013, 05:43:41 AM ---Hey Mare,

All your feedback was helpful and also made me think that this could have been such a better story if I wouldn't have been in my teeny bopper days. I'm glad you liked the concept and Kevin in the story. I never saw Nadine the way you see her and yet now i do. UGH!!! Also at that point I did do research just not enough to make it all believeable. That's why I cringed and was happy at the same time when you picked it, luckily it's a much older story and I do believe I've grown as a writer.
I also want to apologize for not being able to respond to your reviews as I would have liked to. I'm sorry you felt like it was a one sided thing it wasn't my intention. I do hope that one day you give one of my newer stories a chance...just not Bound by Honor lol. I'm not offended by anything you said either. I appreciate any feedback especially if it's helpful. Thank you Mare.

--- End quote ---

You're welcome! And I will try something else of yours somewhere down the road, but I guess not Bound By Honor lol Glad to see you're back.

Carter-Orange:

--- Quote from: kevmylove on July 22, 2013, 05:36:06 AM ---Hey Steph,

I actually did type most of this story up on my ipod and it just wouldn't work with me sometimes. Sorry about that. Yes, when I did reread this story I found it a bit confusing too and don't feel bad about the critic part because that helps me out.
I don't really know why I chose for all of them to be adopted siblings really, I guess at that moment I thought it would make it interesting and complex lol. As for the finishing it...this story is complete in my mind I just haven't had time or concentration to keep writing...whic h sucks. Thank you Steph for all the feedback and once again I apologize for not being around to respond to your reviews, you know I appreciate them greatly. :)

--- End quote ---

Hi Erika,

Yes, you certainly made it complex at times LOL.  I hope you find the time and motivation to carry on writing :)

carterkid:

--- Quote from: kevmylove on July 22, 2013, 05:13:50 AM ---(I'm not sure if I'm not part of the challenge anymore since it looks like someone else read my stories, but I never said I was quitting. I apologize to my readers for not being able to respond to your reviews, please don't think I'm ungrateful I just had a lot of drama and no time to be on my computer. As for the stories I'm reading I also apologize for taking so long but I signed up for the challenge and I will go through with it. Sorry once again.)

Final Survey

Name of story: Switch

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story? It got a little confusing at times and the story was a bit too fast paced.

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework? The story is cute and it's a great concept, I will admit it was a bit like homework at first.

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story? Hmmm...I liked

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end? Yes, Kevin seemed to be struggling more with the switch then NIck.

5) Who was your least favorite character and why? I didn't have a least favorite.

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it? I probably would.

7) Were you happy with the ending? The story isn't completed yet. But it did leave off on a cliffy.

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one) Nick in Kevin's body sleeping with Kristin lol. Wow!

9) What was this stories biggest strength? The concept

10) What was it's biggest weakness? Grammar

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author?

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one? I'm not really good at giving feedback where i try and tell someone what they have done wrong. But I tried with this story since some of the grammar, spacing and tenses were off. But all that is fixable and she has great concept and scene ideas. I'm glad I picked this one. 

13) Did you prefer the way we did the challenge this year or did you like the pairings better? In a way I like the pairing much more.

14) Did the author respond to your feedback? Yes

15) Any final thoughts or questions for the author? As I said before you have good ideas and grammar is fixable Once I got through the first chapters I enjoyed reading your story. 

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you enjoyed reading  it.

emilo:
1) What if anything is one thing you learned from doing this challenge?
To open myself up to some new ideas/genres.  I'd really never considered branching out of the romance genre until Mare mentioned she'd like to see my try my hand at it.  Also, I hadn't read much outside of the romance genre, and I did that both for the challenge, and for a couple stories I read as a result of the challenge.

2) Were you ever afraid to be honest?
At times, yes.  I'm relatively new here, so I wasn't sure at first how some comments would be taken.  I did give honest reviews, though.  Luckily, I had two pretty great writers to be reading.

3) Did you find it easy to give concrit?
Not really.  I could have been nit-picky about some things, but overall, I had two great stories, so what little concrit there was to give, I tried to do so very nicely.

4) Did you find it easy to TAKE concrit when given?
Yes.  I tended to agree with what concrit I got, and it also gave me an opportunity to respond and explain why I did things the way I did.  It was good.

5) Did you tend to agree with most of the comments made?
Yes

6) Did you find yourself reading other challenge stories besides the one you originally picked?
I read Mare's To Protect and Serve and it's sequel.  This was really out of my comfort zone as far as what I usually read, and I really, really enjoyed that experience as well.

7) If you could offer one suggestion for next year's challenge, what would it be?
I like the suggestion to include only stories with multiple chapters or make several one shots considered a "story."  Evens out the playing field, so to speak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version