Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 124150 times)

usako

Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:12 AM »

I'm actually not reading any fanfics at the moment because the ones I have been reading haven't been updated in ages. I am however reading Inferno by Dan Brown and am having a hard time getting into it for some reason! All the other Robert Langdon stories sucked me in right away but this one is dragging, which is weird because it had a really fast paced start!
[/quote

I'm reading that too! So far I'm loving it, though I always struggle a little at the beginning. I don't know why but it always takes me some time to really get into a new book.  :shrug:

As for fanfics, I'm reading a lot in the BBC Sherlock Holmes fandom.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2013, 04:00:06 AM »

Aww I can't wait until the third season of Sherlock starts!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2013, 04:03:34 AM »

Along the lines of what I just posted, here's a related question:

Do you ever read books or watch movies/shows specifically because they relate to what you're writing about?  It could be for the purpose or researching or just to inspire you.

Nope lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »

Aww I can't wait until the third season of Sherlock starts!

I don't remember the exact date but November. They've already filmed the first two episodes and they're about to start filming the third one this month.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2013, 08:11:55 AM »

Yay! Although I have to wait for it to appear on Netflix but I'm so happy they are filming the third one already! That deserves a WOOT! Now if only they would bring Merlin back! :(

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »

Besides challenge stories, what are you currently reading and what made you start reading it? (If it's not a fanfic but a book, that's okay too lol)

I'm going to continue reading the sequel to Mare's Protect And Serve once I've finished reading the challenge, but apart from that I'm just waiting for updates on my favourites.  I've not really been reading much at the moment as I've been addicted to the TV. 

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »

Along the lines of what I just posted, here's a related question:

Do you ever read books or watch movies/shows specifically because they relate to what you're writing about?  It could be for the purpose or researching or just to inspire you.

No not really, and maybe I should!  I could do with some inspiration to get me writing again as I've got a story half finished which I've not touched for months :(

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

Yay! Although I have to wait for it to appear on Netflix but I'm so happy they are filming the third one already! That deserves a WOOT! Now if only they would bring Merlin back! :(

Yes, bring Merlin back and let's just forget that awful ending which still annoys me!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »

Do have a story you are currently working on? If so, when was the last time you updated it? How many stories do you currently have in progress or left unfinished?

And yes, can we please forget that dreadful ending ever happened to such an otherwise GREAT show! lol Stupid Merlin!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »

No not really, and maybe I should!  I could do with some inspiration to get me writing again as I've got a story half finished which I've not touched for months :(

I do it a lot, but I'm not sure how much it actually helps LOL.  I just feel like I'm doing something "productive" if I'm watching or reading something that relates to what I'm supposed to be writing.  I call it "research" LOL.  My Netflix queue is full of weird shit that I added because it related to one of my stories, and I'm pretty sure I've watched every movie Lifetime has made about Amish people in an effort to get going on Guilty Roads again.  I have a nice little collection of books that I bought because of whatever fanfic I was writing at the time, too.  Some of them really have been inspiring, but truthfully, I think inspiration usually just comes and goes on its own.  Sometimes it needs a little jump start, though, and that's where this kind of thing can be helpful.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Do have a story you are currently working on? If so, when was the last time you updated it? How many stories do you currently have in progress or left unfinished?

I JUST updated Guilty Roads - boo-yah!  So far this summer, that has been my main story, which is nice because it hasn't been my main story in three years.

Besides that, there's also Song for the Undead, which is almost done.  It was last updated in April, but it's not my turn to write the next chapter, so I have no control over when it will be updated next.

Then there's 00Carter, which was last updated around Christmas.  I have no idea when that will be updated next - again, it's not my turn, so I'm just waiting on co-writers to write.

Then there's my Harry Potter crossover, which I probably never should have posted because I haven't updated it since last April.  I have several more chapters finished than what's online, but I want to wait until I'm writing on it consistently to start posting them.  For now, it's on the back burner for when/if I run out of steam on GR and want to write something lighter.  I do plan on continuing/finishing it someday, though!  I have an outline!

Those are my main stories that are posted.  I have three other ongoing projects that get updated whenever - Footprints and the two round robins, 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter and Revenge of the Slaughtered.  They are all collections of short stories, so there's no overall plot to keep up with.

Then I have the stories that are more or less discontinued:  Code Blue and Not Another Teenybopper Fanfic.  They haven't been updated since 2007, so I don't see them ever being finished at this point LOL.

And then I have several stories that I've started and never posted.  There's the ER crossover which is about the whole group, an AJ drama/romance, a Brian AU drama/romance/supernatural/historical fiction, a Nick suspense novella, various beginnings to one-shots and challenge stories, my one attempt at a NaNoWriMo story from 2005, and even two paragraphs of an original fiction novel.  I have a sad little folder of these story starts that I look at once in awhile when the WADD is acting up.

I guess that makes it 4 stories that are published and in progress (7 if you include the 3 short story collections), 2 discontinued, and like 11 unpublished beginnings that may or may not turn into something more.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:24:41 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2013, 04:40:52 PM »

And yes, can we please forget that dreadful ending ever happened to such an otherwise GREAT show! lol Stupid Merlin!

My in-progress story is Maybe Tomorrow which I haven't updated in months :(  Then there's Unwinding Truth which is my collab with Lore which we haven't worked on for months either.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »

LOL

I don't think you honestly want me to answer this. It would be so long.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

Okay for all those collaborators out there, do you give yourself deadlines etc... for coming up with next chapters or does your writing on it just fall into the hands of whether the other person will ever post?

Do you find that inconsistency a reason for falling behind on collabs or do you consider it a motivator?

If you aren't a collaborator, would you ever consider doing one?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »

Congrats on the updating on Guilty Roads, Julie! :) Hope you keep it up!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 50