Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 124169 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2013, 06:41:50 AM »

Yup and I love our Undead couples too.

LOL so we're softies...once we torture them to hell first. ;D

Well, of course.  It's juxtaposition; it just makes the sweet stuff more meaningful!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2013, 06:44:11 AM »

That's an interesting analysis and probably very true.  In defense of Blurry Brian, though, I think you can be supportive of a friend without having to support all the bad decisions your friend is making... and if there's a lot of that happening, sometimes you do need to take a step back to avoid getting caught in the crossfire yourself.  Especially when you're trying to establish yourself as a Christian music artist and your friend is dating Paris Hilton and getting DUIs.  Just saying LOL.

Without knowing what was really going on between the guys behind the scenes during that period, I'm not sure Brian or any of them could have done much to help Nick, other than set a good example.  Nick needed to make his mistakes and learn some life lessons the hard way; that's just part of growing up.  I'm glad he did.

Agree with everything. (Am I a bad fan if I say that I still haven't see Blurry Brian? lol). Though I'm convinced that the main reason why he took a step back was Baylee. No matter how much you want to help and support your friend, your son comes first and I doubt anyone would ever put a baby in that kind of mess.

At the end, that's why I love Brian and Nick and their relationship. They've hurt each other and they still are best friends. It's an amazing thing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »

Nick and Brian seem closer these days than they have in awhile.  Still not quite the same as Frick & Frack, but not so distanced either.  I think the fact that Nick has finally grown up and settled down helps a lot.  It's probably just a lot easier for he and Brian to relate to each other than it was when Brian was getting married and having a kid and Nick was still running around getting himself into trouble.  I think that's where their age difference was most apparent, when Brian became an adult and Nick was still being a kid.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »

How do your writing preferences differ from your reading preferences?  Is there anything you like to include in your own stories that you don't like to see in other people's, or vice versa?

They don't differ that much. I don't write romance between the guys and a female character and, as well, I don't read stories like that. The only thing that differs is sex scenes. While I do read them, I can't write them. It doesn't matter slash or het, I just end up embarrased when I try to describe those scenes. I always end up with describing the emotions or sensations.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2013, 07:02:40 AM »

The only thing that differs is sex scenes. While I do read them, I can't write them. It doesn't matter slash or het, I just end up embarrased when I try to describe those scenes. I always end up with describing the emotions or sensations.

LOL I wanted to ask you about that when I was writing my little slash one-shot.  Aside from all the giggling I did while I was writing it, what I found most awkward when I was originally writing it in third person is that I felt like I had to keep using the characters' names to make it clear who was doing what to whom because it was confusing with only male pronouns - he/him/his.  I haven't written that many sex scenes, but when I have, it's been with a guy and girl, so it's easy to describe what's happening without using their names in every sentence.  It was a lot better once I switched to first person so I could use "I" instead of "he" for Howie, but yeah... it was still pretty awkward LOL.  The emotional part was a lot less uncomfortable to write, but I guess it's always been that way for me, even with het relationships.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2013, 07:08:40 AM »

LOL I wanted to ask you about that when I was writing my little slash one-shot.  Aside from all the giggling I did while I was writing it, what I found most awkward when I was originally writing it in third person is that I felt like I had to keep using the characters' names to make it clear who was doing what to whom because it was confusing with only male pronouns - he/him/his.  I haven't written that many sex scenes, but when I have, it's been with a guy and girl, so it's easy to describe what's happening without using their names in every sentence.  It was a lot better once I switched to first person so I could use "I" instead of "he" for Howie, but yeah... it was still pretty awkward LOL.  The emotional part was a lot less uncomfortable to write, but I guess it's always been that way for me, even with het relationships.

Yes, it's a little awkward for me too the all "he/him/his" and it's not that different for when I write in Italian. I always read those parts a lot of times to be sure that it's understable who is doing what. Usually, I tend to write that scene from one only pov (depending on the situation) so I don't have too many problems.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2013, 07:22:08 AM »

Nick and Brian seem closer these days than they have in awhile.  Still not quite the same as Frick & Frack, but not so distanced either.  I think the fact that Nick has finally grown up and settled down helps a lot.  It's probably just a lot easier for he and Brian to relate to each other than it was when Brian was getting married and having a kid and Nick was still running around getting himself into trouble.  I think that's where their age difference was most apparent, when Brian became an adult and Nick was still being a kid.

I agree! And it's giving me warm fuzzies! They all seem to have that younger days quality about them lately but yet with the maturity that makes their behavior more cute and less obnoxious!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2013, 07:30:13 AM »

Yeah, exactly!  Brian and Nick both still act like kids, but in a cute way, not a bad way.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #548 on: July 14, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »

I agree! And it's giving me warm fuzzies! They all seem to have that younger days quality about them lately but yet with the maturity that makes their behavior more cute and less obnoxious!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #549 on: July 14, 2013, 07:36:17 AM »

Okay new question, I know we have asked this one before but since we have new people participating in threads with kind of unusual usernames, I'm going to ask it again.

How did you come up with your usernames for this board and your pen name for AC if they are different?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #550 on: July 14, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »

Cute picture of them. That was a fun segment! I would love to see them all go on The Chew if that's still even on TV? *sigh* I miss TV lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »

RokofAges75 is all Brian, since he's my favorite.  It's a play on his "rock of ages" tattoo, using his nickname B-Rok, and 75 for the year he was born.  Nothing too unusual, but I've had it for about as long as I've been writing fanfic, so it's a staple!

Here's another question:  What was the first username (or email address) you used for fanfic?

I got a new email account just to use for fanfic when I got my first story hosted.  It was ktbspa5@hotmail.com LOL.  The screenname that I used for a lot of things, like AIM, was JRok8540 - another play on B-Rok, except J wasn't really for Julie as much as it was for Josh, this guy I had an obsessive crush on throughout junior high and high school.  85 is the year I was born, and 40 was his football number LOL.  He's the one I made myself married to in the suspense self-insert story I mentioned in my answer to the self-indulgent story question.  I had tons of AIM screennames, but I think I created the RokofAges75 one later that year (2000) and have used it for everything else BSB- and fanfic-related since.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »

Okay new question, I know we have asked this one before but since we have new people participating in threads with kind of unusual usernames, I'm going to ask it again.

How did you come up with your usernames for this board and your pen name for AC if they are different?

Both my pen name (usako and mamogirl) come from my favorite anime and manga: Sailor Moon. "Usako" is the nickname Mamoru gave to Usagi and it means "little bunny (usa is short for usagi and means "bunny" while ko is the japanes suffix for "little"). "Mamogirl", instead, is because my very first fictional crush was Mamoru so it means that I'm a Mamoru girl.  

Here's another question:  What was the first username (or email address) you used for fanfic?
I never changed my username, it's the same both here and in the Italian archive when I first started posting stories.
Even my mail is still the same, cinzia_usako. LOL Only my twitter's name differs from this tren because it's Beebri, which stands for Bee (Blaine from Glee) and Bri, Brian of course. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »

My name is Marianne so for writing I decided to shorten it to Mare. Kind of boring, but there ya go! LOL

I have never used anything BSB related for email or pennames or usernames. It's always been Mare.

The other name I use for things like twitter and other message boards is bitybella which is a mixture of my two cat's nicknames. I used to call Egypt itty bitty because believe it or not, he was the runt of the litter and I call Isabella just bella so there ya go! bitybella.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »

Alexsgirl_ritz has always been my username for BSB and fanfic related forums. I love AJ, and i like the way Samantha (Brian's ex) described Marissa (AJ's ex) on her book >>> Alex's girl. Even my very first e-mail address is Alexsgirl  :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50