Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 124137 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »

Do you ever feel like you are lumped into a group when it comes to your fanfics? Or maybe pigeonholed? And does it bother you?

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your work?

If I'm lumped into any group, it'd be the Angstoholics Anonymous - which I created myself along with Cinzia, so I guess it doesn't bother me!  LOL  It's appropriate; I do write a ton of angst.  I'm best known for my medical drama/disease stories, which I don't mind.  Broken/BMS and Curtain Call are the stories that have gotten me most of my readers.  That said, I don't thing people pigeonhole me into only writing that type of story because I have written plenty of other types, too, even if they haven't read them.

As far as misconceptions ... maybe that my stories are overly long or must be boring because they're so long.  Or that when I hurt a Backstreet Boy or give him some deadly disease, it's like I'm wishing death on him in real life.  Someone said that once, not about me specifically but just about the genre in general.  I can appreciate that, to people on the outside who don't get it, what I write must seem pretty weird - that's why I don't share it with people in my real life.  But that is not true.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

The biggest misconception might be that what I write doesn't have anything beyond gore or torture. Which definitely isn't true. I love my gore lol, but I write stories without any at all. Some where they're not even tortured even. Or that I'm so anti-romance that I won't even write it, which I do. Typically as a subplot but I do.

The other is the one Julie mentioned...th at because I write about horrible things happening, diseases, injuries, accidents, etc...that I wish them on the Boys. That's so far from the truth it's not even funny LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2013, 12:38:52 AM »

I have always written either group or Nick centered sories, and that still has not changed, although I have   written shorts using the other boys. I tried writing an AJ story which.failed miserably lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2013, 06:33:57 AM »

Describe the plot of the cheesiest story you've ever written (or cheesiest part, if you can't think of a whole story).
~Julie

usako

« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2013, 06:59:33 AM »

Describe the plot of the cheesiest story you've ever written (or cheesiest part, if you can't think of a whole story).

I think that my cheesiest story would be my very first one. It was set during the hiatus between Black&Blue and Never Gone and dealt with the Brian and Nick's issues. Nick was on tour when Kevin called him to inform that Brian was in hospital so the whole story was about Nick's rushing to Brian's bedside while reflecting and remembering their friendship. Cheeiest part was the whole dramatic speech Nick made while Brian was unconscious, though he didn't sing to him. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2013, 07:02:57 AM »

Cheeiest part was the whole dramatic speech Nick made while Brian was unconscious, though he didn't sing to him. lol

No "Don't Wanna Lose You Now?"  Aww, pity.  LOL
~Julie

usako

« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2013, 07:06:38 AM »

No "Don't Wanna Lose You Now?"  Aww, pity.  LOL

Does it count that I wrote the lyrics at the beginning of the chapter? lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2013, 07:11:55 AM »

I'm sure I have many contenders, but my cheesiest story was probably one I wrote in 2000 called "Star Cross'd" (as in, "star cross'd lovers," like in Romeo & Juliet).  It was a sequel to a story called "Cry of Despair," which was about Nick needing a liver transplant.  The plot was this:  Nick, recovering from his liver transplant, finds out he got the liver of Justin Timberlake, who was killed in a car accident.  He later meets Justin's fictional stepsister, and they fall in love.  I don't remember what happens in the middle, but in the end, they get into a car accident and are stranded out in the middle of nowhere for several days, injured and unable to leave the car to go for help.  Nick, without his anti-rejection meds, rejects Justin Timberlake's liver and dies, at which point the girlfriend/stepsister kills herself, Romeo & Juliet style.  I'm pretty sure it ended with an epilogue with them reuniting in Heaven, but somehow that got deleted from my site so I don't have it anymore.

Umm, yeah.  I came up with all kinds of crazy shit like that back in the day LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »

Does it count that I wrote the lyrics at the beginning of the chapter? lol

Hehe, that helps!

That is my absolute favorite BSB song, you know.  I think its use in fanfics actually helped, because it wasn't when Millennium first came out.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:11 AM »

Hehe, that helps!

That is my absolute favorite BSB song, you know.  I think its use in fanfics actually helped, because it wasn't when Millennium first came out.

Really? I didn't know.

My favorite BSB song is Siberia, with Shattered in second line.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »

Really? I didn't know.

My favorite BSB song is Siberia, with Shattered in second line.

Siberia is a close second for me.  Shattered is good, too - I love the angsty ones!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:22 AM »

Siberia is a close second for me.  Shattered is good, too - I love the angsty ones!

Of course we love the angsty ones!  :D

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »

Cheesiest story for me? It's a tie between Jizzle Of Oz and Incomplete. I would say Incomplete moreso due to the one scene where AJ and Brian attempt to sing Nick out of his coma.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »

Cheesiest story for me? It's a tie between Jizzle Of Oz and Incomplete. I would say Incomplete moreso due to the one scene where AJ and Brian attempt to sing Nick out of his coma.

Do they sing Incomplete? LOL

"Without you all I'm going to be is... in-come-puh-lee-ete!"
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »

The cheesiest story I ever wrote was probably What Becomes of the Broken Hearted, in which my friends and I are a girl band and when we have three months off we spend that time not at home, but at Nick's house in Florida with his family. Also the other Backstreet Boys stay there... and Aaron Carter falls in love with one of my friends, gets her pregnant, they break up and then she dies. Then the story ends with Aaron singing to her grave holding their kid's hand. The worst part is that the first half of that story is completely plotless, only focusing on the stupid shenanigans that happen while we stay at Nick's place and hang out with him and Aaron.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50