Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 124155 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »

These questions were inspired by the "Getting to Know You Through Your Words" thread:

What is your favorite chapter you've written, and why?

What's the best beginning you've written, and why?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #586 on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:04 AM »

The cheesiest story I ever wrote was probably What Becomes of the Broken Hearted, in which my friends and I are a girl band and when we have three months off we spend that time not at home, but at Nick's house in Florida with his family. Also the other Backstreet Boys stay there... and Aaron Carter falls in love with one of my friends, gets her pregnant, they break up and then she dies. Then the story ends with Aaron singing to her grave holding their kid's hand. The worst part is that the first half of that story is completely plotless, only focusing on the stupid shenanigans that happen while we stay at Nick's place and hang out with him and Aaron.

LMAO I love the part about Aaron Carter!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #587 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »

Do they sing Incomplete? LOL

"Without you all I'm going to be is... in-come-puh-lee-ete!"

LOL If I remember correctly they sang 10,000 Promises but I cpuld be wrong.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

I didn't ask what the cheesiest story everyone has read was, so no one gets offended LOL, but I just have to share the cheesy ending of this one story I read a long, long time ago.  It was one of the ones where I clicked to the end to see if anything dramatic happened, and oh boy, it sure did!!!

So the story was about Brian and his high school sweetheart and their love child.  The love child has the same congenital heart defect as Brian and gets sick toward the end of the story.  Then Brian's plane crashes.  Both the kid and Brian end up dying.  Then, in the last chapter, the girl and her newborn baby get into a car accident, and THEY both die too!  And it ends with them all reuniting in Heaven.

And then there's a sequel in which the whole fam-damily is resurrected and comes back to life.  Literally.  LMAO

I can't believe I actually read and enjoyed and CRIED over this cheesy crap back in the day, but boy I sure did!!
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »

LMAO I love the part about Aaron Carter!

lol thanks, my friends and I pretty shamefully loved him back in the day.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #590 on: July 15, 2013, 08:59:49 AM »

What is your favorite chapter you've written, and why?
I chose chapter 16 of I Wish where Niall totally cheesily confesses his love for Brittany through song. I thought it worked though given the plot behind that story is him giving her guitar lessons, so they'd been singing and sharing music throughout the whole story. I shamelessly love that chapter of I Wish and at the risk of sounding arrogant I think it's one of the best things I've written. Also, I was listening to the song that's featured in the chapter and the scene wrote itself in my head. I had to run home to write it. I was only on chapter 2 of that story at the time and I feel like it gave the story more direction.

What's the best beginning you've written, and why?
The beginning of Where You Are is really the end of another story that's completely outlined in my head, but I'll never write. I was originally going to write the first story, but I thought the aftermath of it would be more interesting than the story itself, so I went with writing the "sequel" without ever intending to write the story that inspired all of it. Where You Are doesn't start out slowly like most of my others do - it just throws you into the plot. Niall's girlfriend is dead, he's really depressed about it oh and by the way Liam's in love with him - the first chapter leaves nothing to the imagination and for that story I think it worked.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #591 on: July 15, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »

Hmmm back on my ff.net days i wrote a BSB/Nsync version of survivor lol. i think that is cheesy lmao

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »

Describe the plot of the cheesiest story you've ever written (or cheesiest part, if you can't think of a whole story).

I have two answers to this one!

Four Santas Too Many! Because it was just an overly cute little story about the guys all showing up at Brian's house on Christmas Eve to spend the entire night helping him put all of Baylee's toys together for his very first Christmas. It was just cheesy because of all the silly humor thrown in there!

The Apartment was also high on the cheese factor because of the overly brotherly bonding moments. I think I went a little over the top with that one! LOL Not bad, just cheesy! But I have to say I have never had the guys sing anyone into or out of any kind of consciousness so that's something, right?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #593 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »

How did you decide on your favorite chapter?  Did you know what your favorite was ahead of time, or did you have to really think about it or narrow it down?

It was really hard to actually pick one. I have over 70 stories on the AC site so trying to fill this survey out was kind of tough. I'm sure it's just as hard for people who don't have many stories to pick from either. I really have a lot of favorite chapters and I kind of wish that maybe I went with a different one to maybe show more depth or range, but the reason I picked the sandwich one was because even though I have the WORST memory on the planet, I vividly remember this chapter! "The eyes rolls have it," which is another one from Why I'd Do it all Again came in a close second! I could probably list about ten others from various stories. Does that make me sound like a total pompous ass? LOL

What makes your best beginning a great start to a story?
I picked two different stories for this one. The 5 BSB one because it really sets up the tone of the entire thing. It starts out sounding really angsty and serious before the narrator starts talking and then you get to see what it's really all about. I also wanted to pick something more serious and I feel like the prologue to The Thirteenth Step is mysterious enough that you want to click the next chapter to see who is talking.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #594 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »

Hmmm back on my ff.net days i wrote a BSB/Nsync version of survivor lol. i think that is cheesy lmao

One of my old favorite fanfics is called "Survivor," and that's exactly what the premise was!  It does sound cheesy, but it was actually a really good story.  I still love the show!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #595 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »

But I have to say I have never had the guys sing anyone into or out of any kind of consciousness so that's something, right?

You've got one up on me there! LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2013, 09:46:05 AM »

This next question has to do with Julie's answer in the other thread about her last chapter! While on the subject of the other thread, you guys should go fill that survey out. It doesn't have to be completely filled out. I couldn't even do that with my gazillion stories! LOL You never know, someone might click on one of those chapters you post, love it and start to read the entire story!

Anyway, here is the question:

What is it about a particular scene or story that makes it your favorite? Is it the subject matter itself of the accomplishment you feel while writing it? Can you name some examples?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

What is it about a particular scene or story that makes it your favorite? Is it the subject matter itself of the accomplishment you feel while writing it? Can you name some examples?

I think it all goes back to my emotional response to it.  It's hard to be objective with my own writing and be like, "This is a well-structured, perfectly-paced chapter that moves the plot forward and shows a change in the character from beginning to end."  My favorite chapters are the ones that make me feel something, whether it's pride, amusement, nostalgia, bloodlust LOL.  Usually they are the ones that I can actually remember writing.  Like that BMS chapter, the car accident one, I remember vividly how I felt as I was writing that.  It was so intense and I was so into it that it made my heart race and my stomach hurt.  And that is still how I feel when I reread it, which is why I put it as my favorite.

Another example would be Chapter 31 of Song for the Undead, which was the big zombie reveal and the one in which Brian kills his zombie family.  Not only was that a BIG moment, which is always fun to write, but it was also angsty, which I enjoy, and it was also my first attempt at writing about... zombies LOL.  Rose and I always knew we were going to get the zombies in there at some point, but we wrote 30 chapters between us with no zombies, so it was kind of scary leading up to that part, and I put a lot of pressure on myself to get it right.  I think it turned out perfectly, so not only do I love it for the emotional punch it packs, but because I'm proud of it too.

One part I wrote that's kind of an odd choice for a favorite is the beginning of the "Ice Ice Baby" episode of 00Carter, which is the introduction to Dr. Rough's genetically-modified moonwalking penguin, MJ.  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9085&chapter=14  It's just setting the scene for the rest of the episode, but what I love about it is how descriptive it is.  It's set in Antarctica, and I actually did quite a bit of research on the geography of Antarctica to describe it correctly.  And then, of course, there's the moonwalking penguin, which was fun to write.  I just remember being really impressed with myself after I finished this part, and it's one that I've always enjoyed.

And then there's the funny ones.  Maybe because I'm used to writing so much angst and drama and not a lot of comedy, I tend to love the funny stuff I write.  I love all of the deaths and kills I've written for the round robin, to the point where I have a hard time picking favorites.  I also love most of the parts I've written for 00Carter, although my favorite is the whole Speed parody involving figure skaters and a Zamoboni that will blow up if it goes below 5 mph and fruity Lance Bass flitting around the skating rink to the save the day in "Wreckage in a Winter Wonderland."   And then there's the pandaskunk story... even though it's really silly and weird, I love the pandaskunk story, especially the Planet of Misfit Fans chapter.  I had a hard time filling out Funniest Chapter on that survey, too, and the one I chose, I didn't think of as I was typing up this answer... I had to go back and remind myself of what I actually put LOL.

That was a really self-loving response; sorry for that LOL.  Everyone else better write a nice long answer to this question with examples so I don't feel so pompous.  
~Julie

usako

« Reply #598 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »

I didn't ask what the cheesiest story everyone has read was, so no one gets offended LOL, but I just have to share the cheesy ending of this one story I read a long, long time ago.  It was one of the ones where I clicked to the end to see if anything dramatic happened, and oh boy, it sure did!!!

So the story was about Brian and his high school sweetheart and their love child.  The love child has the same congenital heart defect as Brian and gets sick toward the end of the story.  Then Brian's plane crashes.  Both the kid and Brian end up dying.  Then, in the last chapter, the girl and her newborn baby get into a car accident, and THEY both die too!  And it ends with them all reuniting in Heaven.

And then there's a sequel in which the whole fam-damily is resurrected and comes back to life.  Literally.  LMAO

I can't believe I actually read and enjoyed and CRIED over this cheesy crap back in the day, but boy I sure did!!

??? ??? A story like that really exist?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #599 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:54 AM »

That was a really self-loving response; sorry for that LOL.  Everyone else better write a nice long answer to this question with examples so I don't feel so pompous. 

So enough about me, now tell me what YOU think about me! lmao

It wasn't self loving, it was honest and I'll probably be writing a nice long reply as well. I just need to think about it first!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50