Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50

Author Topic: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)  (Read 124159 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the day part 9 (even though days go by lol)
« Reply #615 on: July 15, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »

Is there any story of yours that if it was read, you'd be afraid to be judged solely by that story?

This is What Happens When Chinchillas are Bored! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #616 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »

Is there any story of yours that if it was read, you'd be afraid to be judged solely by that story?

Hmm, I'm sure there are a few I'm embarrassed about, but I'll pick Forces of Nature.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #617 on: July 15, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »

Forever, for sure!  I like this story, and it's my "indulgent" story, but there's definitely more to me as a writer.  Once upon a time, it was my #1 aspiration to publish a novel, and it certainly wouldn't be like that particular story!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #618 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »

I really don't want to be judged on anything I wrote before Broken, which would be everything I write from 2000-2002.  The ones from 2000 are especially bad.  The ones from 2001-2002, like You'll Never Walk Alone,  Identical, Beside the Ocean, and Years of Grace are not as bad, but still not up to par with the stuff I wrote after Broken.  Broken is where I draw the line, and I wouldn't even want to be judged on the beginning of that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #619 on: July 15, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »

This is What Happens When Chinchillas are Bored! LOL

For me i would say Incomplete. It's full of cliches and faux pas and I don't think.anyone would want to read my stuff if they read that one first. ;)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #620 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:51 PM »

Oh, another question from a discussion happening in the confessional thread! LOL

In a way this sort of belongs in the confessional but to be honest, judgement from my peers is a big point of stress for me.

I couldn't care less about knowing that hundreds of thousands of people could potentially be listening to my voice on the radio, if I knew someone I respected was listening I would be SO nervous.

It's the same way with my fics. I have mad respect for all of you. Especially since I don't have a lot of confidence in my own writing. That being said, it terrifies me to even know that any of you have read my stories lol Posting them online was such a leap, having people read them gives me a nervous stomach. I'd prefer not to be judged at all LOL but especially not for anything I wrote between 1999 and 2004.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #621 on: July 15, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

^ Aww, you don't need to worry about being judged here.  You're a talented writer!  I wish you'd write more often and post it, but I'm glad to see you participating so much in these threads lately.  That's a start! :)

I do understand, though.  That's how I feel about people in real life reading my writing.  I am not really like that around you all, but once in awhile I do write something that I'm nervous about posting for just that reason.  And I have discovered through meeting online friends in real life that I do not like to talk about my stories in real life.  It doesn't matter how much I've talked about them with those same people online; it's still awkward face to face!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #622 on: July 15, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »

I'm sure it's not a secret but I am always worried what people what will think of what I have written, I am really self conscious and nervous when it comes to that....I don't know why that is...maybe due to being bullied as a kid. I am getting better at dealing with it I think anyway.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #623 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »

Please don't judge me by Lost Souls or Blind Within The Shadows. Like they got reposted here but they were originally written in like 2000/2001 and seriously I was only 14/15. The writing is just downright embarrassing lmao.

I'm like Julie though, it's weird talking about your stories in person. Like hell the two of us collab and everything constantly but we'd make our private jokes. We wouldn't talk about everything we write face to face. It's weird for some reason lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #624 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »

I just have to remind myself that while not everyone will like everything I write, there have always been people who liked my stories... even the old crappy stories... and so no matter what I write, there's always going to be some audience for it.  The size of the audience and who's in it may vary from story to story, but someone out there is going to want to read what I write.

When I write something that I'm afraid to post because it's too weird or too sad or too gory, I remind myself of all the other scenes I've written that were really weird or sad or gory that people loved.  I haven't posted anything on AC that didn't get a good reaction from at least one person (though maybe just one, for some stories LOL).  I figure as long as I can please just one other person than me, it's worth posting.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #625 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:03 PM »

Along the lines of what I said in my last post...

On AC, go into your Account Info and Reviews Received and look at your stats.  What is your highest-reviewed story?  How about your lowest-reviewed?  Why do you think these two stories got the amount of reviews they did?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #626 on: July 15, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »

My highest reviewed (solo/not collab) story is Remember Me This Way. While it's a total Nick angst fest it's really about the bromance too. I'd like to think it's so well reviewed because people loved the story. I've said this repeatedly but I feel like my best writing (or some of) went into that.

My highest reviewed fic over all is Song For The Undead and I think Julie and I have just done a great job. Like trend wise it's against all of them. It's AU, it's horror, it's long, and there's 5 original main characters along with the Boys. So I think that stands up on the writing we've done together since it was started BEFORE my fave show Walking Dead got everyone on the zombie train lol.

My lowest reviewed story is a fic called "Lost Souls" (that has a legit amount of chapters and isn't a oneshot). And that's pretty much because I was a very new writer in fanfic, only like 14/15 years old. So I was an unknown, I didn't know as much as I do now... lots of reasons really. It's a mess lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

My highest-reviewed is Curtain Call with 1,172 reviews.  It was helped by the fact that it's pretty long (90 chapters), although not Broken/BMS long.  But a lot of people just really liked that story!  It had a loyal following that left me reviews til the bitter end, and I guess that's how it racked up so many.  I'm very grateful!

My lowest-reviewed is a tie between two of my one-shots, Adelaide and Seduction of Evil, which both have 2 reviews.  Neither surprises me, since they're both old stories.  Adelaide is original fiction, so I didn't see the fanfic crowd getting into that one, and Seduction of Evil is kind of like a bad R.L. Stine story, so again... not surprised.  I think I only posted that one because I was one story away from having a nice round number next to my name on AC LOL.

My lowest-reviewed novel is Identical, with 5 reviews.  I think the main reason that number is so low is that I posted the whole story at once back in 2005, several years after I wrote it, so it wasn't like I was ever updating it on AC.  It's not my best work, either, but it's not a bad story.  It got pretty good feedback on my site back in the day.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #628 on: July 15, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »

my highest reviewed story is Figured You Out with a total of 309 reviews.

my lowest is my one shot challenge story Howie Snaps, it only has four...probabl y cause it is a Howie story and it is only two chapters long *shrugs*

It doesn't surprise me that FYO had so many reviews, it was well liked and a lot of people read it so I am quite pleased. I am just happy to even get one review, I never expected so many to like that story because I was scared to death to post it when I started to write it.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »

My lowest reviewed oneshot is a tie between one called "A New Era" which was about Nick's POV post Unbreakable. Which, I don't think it's bad. It's just thoughtful. Not sure why it went unnoticed lol.

The other is an AJ one called "Tough Lover" which is basically a psycho fan having AJ hostage told from her POV. I liked it but who knows why it got two reviews. I was shocked when it got nominated for something just because of that haha.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50