Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46565 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

I think the reason Jean's was so successful was the fact that her cancer was so rare and she far outlived her expectancy by a good five years or so.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »

That's really nice that you can do that with your sister!  If I tried that with my sister, she would give me a weird look and be like, "What the fuck is wrong with you?  You are so gay!"  ("You are so gay!" is exactly what she said to me when she found out why I really wanted to go see This Is the End with her.  Okay then? LOL)

Is your sister a therapist?

I'm sure if my sister knew WHY I was asking I would get an eye roll and an "Are you kidding me, get a life!" But this was before she knew anything about my fanfic writing. LOL

It kind of scares me that she didn't question me at all about the torturing question. You would think she might say "Hrmm and why do you want to know that?"
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »

Not too much related but...

I'm sure I will go to hell for this but I tend to have my main character abused or raped. I'm bad, very bad since that character is Brian. *hide in a corner*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »

Is your sister a therapist?

I'm sure if my sister knew WHY I was asking I would get an eye roll and an "Are you kidding me, get a life!" But this was before she knew anything about my fanfic writing. LOL

It kind of scares me that she didn't question me at all about the torturing question. You would think she might say "Hrmm and why do you want to know that?"

LOL No, my sister is a former therapy patient!

That makes more sense, though, that your sister didn't know it was for a fanfic.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »

Not too much related but...

I'm sure I will go to hell for this but I tend to have my main character abused or raped. I'm bad, very bad since that character is Brian. *hide in a corner*

Is Nick the one raping him LOL, or someone else?

I felt dangerously close to writing Howie raping Nick in that slash story I posted.  I had to revise it to make it less "rapey" LOL.  I was just like, OMG, Nick's really drunk and can't give his consent, and Howie's just going to take advantage and have his way with him?!  That is rape!  No!!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »

Yes, she had no idea!! And I like to kid my sister and say she's not only a therapist but she was also a client! lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »

I based a character on my sister, and if she knew about it, she would probably be so pissed at all the things about her that I exaggerated to make her look bad.  She was good inspiration, though, for all the crazy things she used to do.  She's better now.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »

Is Nick the one raping him LOL, or someone else?

I felt dangerously close to writing Howie raping Nick in that slash story I posted.  I had to revise it to make it less "rapey" LOL.  I was just like, OMG, Nick's really drunk and can't give his consent, and Howie's just going to take advantage and have his way with him?!  That is rape!  No!!

In your case, it's more "dubious consent" (the things you learn reading thousand stories. lol). It's not really rape since Nick didn't say no.

I never thought or wrote about Nick raping Brian. And I think I'll never cross that limit. I know it's kinda bad but the point of the stories isn't about the rape itself but how he managed to get back on his feet. In one, the rapist was this pyscho man who was in love with Brian and believed that they belonged to each other. So he raped him, stalked him, tried to kill the other guys. The best part was that he had already killed other boys who looked like Brian and he could heard their voices in the head. Until now, Zachary (that's his name) is still my favorite villain ever. Though it was fun writing him while he discussed with the invisible Brians. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »

In your case, it's more "dubious consent" (the things you learn reading thousand stories. lol). It's not really rape since Nick didn't say no.

I never thought or wrote about Nick raping Brian. And I think I'll never cross that limit. I know it's kinda bad but the point of the stories isn't about the rape itself but how he managed to get back on his feet. In one, the rapist was this pyscho man who was in love with Brian and believed that they belonged to each other. So he raped him, stalked him, tried to kill the other guys. The best part was that he had already killed other boys who looked like Brian and he could heard their voices in the head. Until now, Zachary (that's his name) is still my favorite villain ever. Though it was fun writing him while he discussed with the invisible Brians. LOL

That's okay, I understand what you mean about the rape being a way to knock him down and then get him back on his feet.  Rape is not something I enjoy writing... the only "rape" scene I've written that comes to mind is one in my self-indulgent suspense from long ago in which Brian gets raped (or almost raped) by Lance Bass LOL.  And that was years before Lance came out - I called it early! LOL
~Julie

usako

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »

That's okay, I understand what you mean about the rape being a way to knock him down and then get him back on his feet.  Rape is not something I enjoy writing... the only "rape" scene I've written that comes to mind is one in my self-indulgent suspense from long ago in which Brian gets raped (or almost raped) by Lance Bass LOL.  And that was years before Lance came out - I called it early! LOL

Would you be surprised if I told you that I remember that scene? LOL

But yes, I don't enjoy writing (and I never write it in the details, aside for one and only time) those scene. I'm far more interested in the physchological aspects, especially because it's always set in a thriller or suspence scenario, and how him (and Nick also) deal with it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

Would you be surprised if I told you that I remember that scene? LOL

But yes, I don't enjoy writing (and I never write it in the details, aside for one and only time) those scene. I'm far more interested in the physchological aspects, especially because it's always set in a thriller or suspence scenario, and how him (and Nick also) deal with it.

LMAO Omg, really??  Wow.  I'm impressed!  I wrote that a LONG time ago, and I haven't looked at it in a long time either, but I remember it being really awkward LOL.  To be totally honest, I was so young and naive back then that I didn't really even get the logistics of how a man raping another man would work.  Luckily I didn't try to describe it in much detail LOL.  Yuck.  That's funny that you remember it!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »

lol I'm weird but I remember all the Brian's stories that I've read. Even the horrible and terrible one.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:34 AM »

lol I'm weird but I remember all the Brian's stories that I've read. Even the horrible and terrible one.

LOL I'm the same way; that's how I remembered that plane crash one I posted in the other thread.  I just forget that there actually might be people who read those old stories of mine back in the day and are still around to talk about them.  I keep them up because I don't want to lose them, but I also don't really want anyone reading them and judging me as a writer by those, which is why I removed them from my main site and stuck them in "The Vault" on the archive site.

But someone emailed me the other day to ask if I could make my story Silent Desperation into an ebook, like I've done with some of my more recent finished novels on my site.  I did it for her because I was flattered that she wanted it, but I couldn't understand WHY.  And I will definitely not be adding that one to my site with the other ebooks I've made.  Maybe she read it back in the day and just wants to reread it so she can make fun of it, like me with the plane crash story LOL.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

:D Or, maybe, she's like me and she found out BSB fiction only now.  :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »

:D Or, maybe, she's like me and she found out BSB fiction only now.  :D

So you really read The Terror Chronicles fairly recently?  Wow LOL.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18