Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46596 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

Yeah I have to agree with you. Baylee's what, 10? Way too young.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »

Baylee's a really talented singer, actually, but I do think this isn't the right audience at all to introduce him as an artist, if that happens to actually be what he wants to do with his life.  He'll eventually resent them for that.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »

Lots of 10 year olds are good singers. He should not be opening for thousands of people just because his dad is in the band. Just my opinion and I agree, he's going to resent them especially if he ends up in therapy and/or rehab! 

And now they'll be selling Wylee/Baylee shirts? It's like they're turning it into a family affair. I don't know, it annoys the crap out of me LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »

Those Mindless Behavior guys they had opening for them a few years ago were not much older than Baylee, and that was super awkward because they were doing pelvic thrusts while they sang LOL.  As long as Baylee doesn't do that, I don't have a problem with him performing.

I missed this chat, but here is my take on it based on what I've read here.  I'm assuming this is happening because BAYLEE wants to, not because Brian and Leighanne want him to.  I won't say this for Leighanne, but I don't think BRIAN would allow this unless Baylee really wanted to.  And if Baylee really does want to get into the business, this would be a great opportunity for him to get some experience.  If it's only two songs, it's not like he's performing a whole concert or even a whole set.  It's two songs.

You can easily compare this to Nick, who was performing at this age, and Aaron, who opened for BSB back in the day, but what separates Brian and Leighanne from Bob and Jane Carter is the fact that Brian and Leighanne aren't exploiting their kid for money and fame because they already HAVE money and fame.  I really think it's just for fun and not all that serious.  Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him perform!  Much more than DJ Pauly D or Jesse McCartney, anyway LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

I think it's also okay to tell your ten year old son no from time to time, something I think Baylee doesn't here very often.

I just think that kid is going to have some major entitlement issues if he keeps getting whatever he wants. I do agree, I know they aren't exploiting him, but they are exploiting US!

You are right about those Mindless Behavior people though and I'm sure Baylee will be better than DJ Pauly lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

I'm hoping Brian will help keep Baylee grounded.  I don't know anything about how Leighanne was raised, but I know Brian didn't grow up entitled, and I hope that he remembers his roots in the way he's raising Baylee.  I can see how it would be harder to say no when you're in a position to give your child opportunities and things you didn't have yourself as a kid, but you're right, Mare, that does need to happen sometimes.  Kids need to learn not to expect everything to go their way; it's a life lesson.  I think this must have been a family decision, though - not all Leighanne, but not all Baylee either.  It's Brian's group, so it had to have been Brian's call in the end.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »

I'm sure in the end it was something they all had to decide on, which is what disappoints me. But you know how it goes...he's not my kid lol They can do whatever they want. And I do hope that Brian has that in him to keep Baylee on the ground. If not, I know his parents do.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:04 PM »

I agree with Julie, it's hard to say No to your kids for the things you didn't have while growing up when you are capable to. I've experienced that first hand, I never have lots of toys growing up and  it's hard to say No to my children because I know how it feels when I want a toy but couldn't have it. But it has a downside, though. Because my children thought they can have whatever they want. It's a good thing it wasn't too late, and I was able to teach them that it's okay to have a new toy once or twice a month (the cheap ones! lol) but not every week or every other day. I also taught them how to save money. :)

As for Baylee, I think he wants to be in the business but with some influence from Leighanne. I am not sure about that and that is just my opinion. I know Brian would not agree on this if he thinks this is not good for Baylee. But I also remember that this is the father who agreed for Baylee to be homeschooled than for the kid to experience normal life in school with other children. But they are still his parents, and I believe they won't do something that could harm the kid. Each parents has different way of raising their kids.

Apologies if what I said doesn't make any sense. I'm typing as fast as I can because I'm in the office and I should be working. lol

A world without Alex is a wasted space.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »

Haha, don't get me started on the homeschooling.  Being a public school teacher, I'm biased against homeschooling, but in their situation, I do understand.  Leighanne and Baylee like to travel and go on tour with Brian, and they wouldn't be able to do that if Baylee were in regular school.  If I were the wife of a Backstreet Boy, I'd want to travel with him too!  At least they seem to be going about it the right way - I know Baylee plays sports, and I'm sure they belong to a church, so he's got lots of opportunities to interact with other kids, but at the same time, he's getting to see the world, which is a great educational experience.  He's not getting a "normal" childhood, but he is getting some really cool experiences that most normal children don't get.  As long as he's getting a well-rounded curriculum (including not just academics, but the social-emotional and character-building life lessons that you learn by being in school), he should be fine.  He is obviously well-loved, and like you said, Ritz, I really do believe Brian and Leighanne have his best interests at heart, so who are we to judge their parenting?
~Julie

usako

« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »

Those Mindless Behavior guys they had opening for them a few years ago were not much older than Baylee, and that was super awkward because they were doing pelvic thrusts while they sang LOL.  As long as Baylee doesn't do that, I don't have a problem with him performing.

I missed this chat, but here is my take on it based on what I've read here.  I'm assuming this is happening because BAYLEE wants to, not because Brian and Leighanne want him to.  I won't say this for Leighanne, but I don't think BRIAN would allow this unless Baylee really wanted to.  And if Baylee really does want to get into the business, this would be a great opportunity for him to get some experience.  If it's only two songs, it's not like he's performing a whole concert or even a whole set.  It's two songs.

You can easily compare this to Nick, who was performing at this age, and Aaron, who opened for BSB back in the day, but what separates Brian and Leighanne from Bob and Jane Carter is the fact that Brian and Leighanne aren't exploiting their kid for money and fame because they already HAVE money and fame.  I really think it's just for fun and not all that serious.  Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him perform!  Much more than DJ Pauly D or Jesse McCartney, anyway LOL.

You didn't miss anything, that chat was so terrible. You just missed Howie joking that he is Brian's father.  :D

I agree with you. The main difference between Baylee and Nick is also that Baylee is pratically grown up on stage, being always there with Brian. To him, I think that perfoming isn't that different than playing basketball. So, as long as he's doing this because he wants to and because he loves (which there is no doubt seeing how much ham he is like his father) I won't be worried about it. Brian isn't pushing him because he wants money or fame, he wants because he wants to make him happy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:57 AM »

I saw the chat online later, and you're right - it was pretty terrible! LOL

I agree - Baylee is so Brian's Mini-Me, and because he's only ten, he probably wants to be just like his dad.  That may change as he gets older; he may decide he doesn't want to be a performer after all, and if that's the case, I don't think Brian and Leighanne would push him to, but if he wants to right now, why not let him?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »

So to kind of get us back on topic, here's a related confession.  Although my 14-year-old self may have cried when I found out Brian was getting married, I don't hate Leighanne.  I don't even dislike her.  I've always supported her as Brian's wife, and I've met her several times in real life, and she has always been nothing but sweet.  I even have a few Wylee products (ones that weren't completely overpriced), and I love them all.

I don't agree with everything Leighanne says or does, and I will admit, she makes herself an easy target for ridicule with the Wylee stuff and the matchy clothing and the "Husband" comments and all of that... but as long as Brian loves her, I will continue to support her, if for no other reason than because I respect him.  I don't like to see fans trashing the guys' wives/significant others.  Unless we're talking old girlfriends (*cough*Paris*cough*)... they're fair game!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »

I do think Brian and Leighanne love their son and want what's best for him but I do think we can say that about even the worst of parents. Like you said, Ritz when you give your kids everything they want it's what they expect every time. I do think it's great that he does get to travel all over the place with them and he gets to be with his dad and my feelings about home schooling are the same as yours, Julie. I do think they are doing it the right way though with getting him involved in sports etc.. I do think that's where the weird factor comes in for him. Every home schooled child I have ever met has that weird thing going on. Baylee seems no different.

To see your kid interested in performing and acting and letting him audition for local theater to try it out, or a home town show so he can have the spotlight on him is one thing, but saying okay let's have him open up in front of our HUGE, GIGANTIC audience because it'll make him happy, is another. And I'm sorry I think Leighanne DOES use Baylee. I mean she's making Wylee/Baylee products because she KNOWS people will say "Aww he's so cute, let me go buy a gazillion of these things!" Just like I'm sure she'll think of other ways to make money by exploiting her child. Doesn't mean she doesn't love him and think she's doing it in his best interest. And just because aren't as financially unstable as the Carters were, doesn't mean she doesn't anything. Howie and Brian even admitted in the chat that if they are nice to their fans, they'll do anything for them and keep them very financially comfortable. Basically saying, "They'll buy whatever shit we toss their way!"  which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, I always thought that but to actually hear them say it bothered me! LOL

And Cinzia, Nick also grew up performing even more so than Baylee the only difference is the level. Nick was performing at festivals in between pig races while Baylee at the age of 5 or 6 was going out to thousands of people and introducing his father's band.

Again, I know it's none of our business but just like in school when you see things going on with kids and their parents making not the best decisions, you discuss, which is why God invented the teacher's lounge! LOL

I don't mean this thread to turn into a parenting debate or anything, but obviously I have a very strong opinion about this and always have. Same thing about kid pageants. Exact same thing to me! If Baylee was a girl three words... Toddlers and Tiaras!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2013, 04:07:21 AM »

Then you best ignore this last post I just made, Julie! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2013, 04:10:14 AM »

LOL It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18