Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46600 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2013, 04:17:23 AM »

It's just funny because I was typing that up while you were posting I guess. The timing thing! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:03 AM »

So to kind of get us back on topic, here's a related confession.  Although my 14-year-old self may have cried when I found out Brian was getting married, I don't hate Leighanne.  I don't even dislike her.  I've always supported her as Brian's wife, and I've met her several times in real life, and she has always been nothing but sweet.  I even have a few Wylee products (ones that weren't completely overpriced), and I love them all.

I don't agree with everything Leighanne says or does, and I will admit, she makes herself an easy target for ridicule with the Wylee stuff and the matchy clothing and the "Husband" comments and all of that... but as long as Brian loves her, I will continue to support her, if for no other reason than because I respect him.  I don't like to see fans trashing the guys' wives/significant others.  Unless we're talking old girlfriends (*cough*Paris*cough*)... they're fair game!

Agree. I don't care about what she says or does and, frankly, I only follow her for pictures of Brian. Though I admit that I liked her a little bit because, during the Christmas Littrell videochat, she read my tweet and tell Brian my question. But, aside that, I only care that she loves and supports Brian. And she already proved to care and be there for him through hardest time so...

And Cinzia, Nick also grew up performing even more so than Baylee the only difference is the level. Nick was performing at festivals in between pig races while Baylee at the age of 5 or 6 was going out to thousands of people and introducing his father's band.

I was talking more about the context and the situation: Nick had been pushed by his mother because she wanted him to be famous and rich so the whole perfoming thing wasn't really normality to him. To Baylee, instead, "perfoming" is the normality because that's what his dad does. That's why I think they are two different situations. Baylee is doing this because he just loves singing and wants to be like his dad not because his parents wants him to be famous so they would be famous too. And rich.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »

I get why Baylee wants to do it. But I don't think it's the right way to go about it at his age. He's ten, so you know he should be a kid. Go on stage in town or something. Not open at concerts lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2013, 07:42:37 AM »

I was talking more about the context and the situation: Nick had been pushed by his mother because she wanted him to be famous and rich so the whole perfoming thing wasn't really normality to him. To Baylee, instead, "perfoming" is the normality because that's what his dad does. That's why I think they are two different situations. Baylee is doing this because he just loves singing and wants to be like his dad not because his parents wants him to be famous so they would be famous too. And rich.

I do get that. I just think it's more similar than it looks, that's all.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Julie, you just explained homeschooling better to me. I mean, since I'm not a teacher, all I can see was Baylee was missing a lot of things. But then again it was so much better that he was able to spend time with his father while growing up and Brian didn't miss the milestones of Baylee's childhood. Thank you for that. :)

As for Leighanne, i do like her. I am going to admit that i even made a team for her in twitter. My first twitter friends made team accounts for each the boys and I thought I'd make a team account too to be 'in'. I got to talk to her through DMs and emails and she was always sweet even though she knew i never bought any wylee stuff. But I kinda lost interest on her, I gave away the account to a friend. I like her because Brian loves her and she makes Brian happy. I dont care how she does that but as long as Brian is happy, she is good in my book. Ssme case with the rest of the wives/gf.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

Oh, sure! :)  This is probably one of the only times you'll see me justifying homeschooling LOL.  And even though I can understand why Brian and Leighanne do it, Mare definitely has a point about all homeschool kids having the weird factor!  I've never met one who wasn't weird.

I like all of the wives, but I think my new favorite is Rochelle!  I love her tweets and all the pictures she posts of Ava.  And I'm glad she and AJ have pretty much stopped with all the "Monkee" stuff LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

usako

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »

Oh, sure! :)  This is probably one of the only times you'll see me justifying homeschooling LOL.  And even though I can understand why Brian and Leighanne do it, Mare definitely has a point about all homeschool kids having the weird factor!  I've never met one who wasn't weird.

I like all of the wives, but I think my new favorite is Rochelle!  I love her tweets and all the pictures she posts of Ava.  And I'm glad she and AJ have pretty much stopped with all the "Monkee" stuff LOL.

I'll take Rochelle's pictures of Ava anyday over Aj's pictures of his face.  :D :D :D :D

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »

It's so cool that Rochelle is like any other Mom. Sharing pictures of their kids all the time, and it's so sweet that she also shares it with the fans.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2013, 03:48:22 AM »

I love how normal Rochelle appears to be and the latest video of Ava\ giggling was just to cute for words lol Nothing beats a baby giggling. Well maybe puppies chasing their tales.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »

Now that the album is out, anyone have a confession about it? LOL

One of mine, I was actually really scared I would hate this album and I really really needed to like it to save my fandom and love for the boys! Luckily that's what happened, but yes, I was worried it would be another This Is Us!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »

Yay!  I am really glad you like it, Mare, if only because I knew you hated TIU and were having a crisis of fandom before Kevin came back... I'm glad this restored your faith in them. :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »

I love that I love this album too and am not having to fake any enjoyment over it.  While I won't say that I faked any enthusiasm over TIU, I do think I hid some disappointment over the fact that, for an album called This Is Us, it didn't really feel like the Backstreet Boys I loved.  I don't hate TIU, but I love IAWLT SO much better, and that is a nice feeling!  It's hard to be disappointed over something you've been building up in your head for this long!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2013, 05:05:06 AM »

Yay!  I am really glad you like it, Mare, if only because I knew you hated TIU and were having a crisis of fandom before Kevin came back... I'm glad this restored your faith in them. :)

Yes it has! Another confession though! I am afraid if they go back to working with New Kids my love will wane once again. But I'm hoping Kevin will never let that happen! At least not the shameless teaming up. I mean of they all want to go out for coffee, I'm good with that but they need to stick with their little package people and leave my boys alone! LOL

usako

« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »

Confession: until the NKOTBSB happened, I didn't know who the NKOTB were. Here they aren't famous. At all.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2013, 06:30:11 AM »

Confession: until the NKOTBSB happened, I didn't know who the NKOTB were. Here they aren't famous. At all.

Score one for Italy! LOL
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18